Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

Re: Shroomery Discord [Re: mndfreeze]
    #26123223 - 08/05/19 09:04 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
It's full of people you do know also.  You just have to actually chat to pull em out.

i don't know any of you

ANY OF YOU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Shroomery Discord [Re: Tulipslave]
    #26123310 - 08/05/19 09:58 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Literally most of OTD has been there for the last week or two.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleTulipslave

Re: Shroomery Discord [Re: mndfreeze] * 1
    #26123320 - 08/05/19 10:04 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Literally most of OTD has been there for the last week or two.

i would've joined in, but discord wanted me to register an account or some bullshit, so i made a hard-pass.  i like my shroomery experience on the shroomery and my irc experiences 20 years ago

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26123322 - 08/05/19 10:05 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

You only need to have an email address.  Just make a gmail account or whatever spam hole of your choosing, sign up, click 'yup thats me!' in the email they send, and you're done.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleTulipslave

#26123334 - 08/05/19 10:10 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
You only need to have an email address.  Just make a gmail account or whatever spam hole of your choosing, sign up, click 'yup thats me!' in the email they send, and you're done.

i can't manage more than one email account.  i'm an uber-internetter

i miss webcrawler :sad:

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Female User Gallery

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    #26123540 - 08/06/19 02:08 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Mndfreeze was clearly the hacker himself since he setup the internet's only refuge spot requiring a email link up to match us all up.

(SORT OF) jk I love you freezy.

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Shroomery Discord [Re: ichugwindex] * 1
    #26123579 - 08/06/19 03:14 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

It was an inside job :tongue:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Invisiblegnomelf

#26124130 - 08/06/19 12:48 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Why discord though?  Discord is closed source spyware...https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html

Why not use Wire or Matrix with the Riot client or XMPP or something?

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Shroomery Discord [Re: gnomelf]
    #26124195 - 08/06/19 01:28 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

RUT-ROH

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomery Discord [Re: ichugwindex]
    #26124481 - 08/06/19 04:57 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ichugwindex said:
Mndfreeze was clearly the hacker himself since he setup the internet's only refuge spot requiring a email link up to match us all up.

(SORT OF) jk I love you freezy.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Apparently I have a rat hiding somewhere....

The discord has been up for months, almost a year even I think.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26124492 - 08/06/19 05:03 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gnomelf said:
Why discord though?  Discord is closed source spyware...https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html

Because its commonly used, its simple for non-technical people, and that site you linked is silly.  Most of its statements apply to just about all software and internet platforms, or are server setup specific.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I can promise you that discord doesn't care about random people talking about mushrooms, nor could they easily track you even if they logged every single blip of text and 99% of the people here on this site run other software that meets all of that "spyware" sites criteria.  It's the nature of the internet. 

Anyone who is actually concerned that the government is going to come after them for chatting on discord, or somehow trace their mushrooms pictures from this site, etc should be using a VPN anyway, which pretty much stops any chance of you being found unless you post your info somewhere.  The shroomery discord server only requires you use some email address to do the verify link (to prevent bot spam).  Go make an anonymous hushmail account or something.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Invisiblegnomelf

#26126008 - 08/07/19 06:34 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

gnomelf said:

Because its commonly used, its simple for non-technical people, and that site you linked is silly.  Most of its statements apply to just about all software and internet platforms, or are server setup specific.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I can promise you that discord doesn't care about random people talking about mushrooms, nor could they easily track you even if they logged every single blip of text and 99% of the people here on this site run other software that meets all of that "spyware" sites criteria.  It's the nature of the internet. 

Anyone who is actually concerned that the government is going to come after them for chatting on discord, or somehow trace their mushrooms pictures from this site, etc should be using a VPN anyway, which pretty much stops any chance of you being found unless you post your info somewhere.  The shroomery discord server only requires you use some email address to do the verify link (to prevent bot spam).  Go make an anonymous hushmail account or something.

That sounds like a lazy cop-out and silly bullshit to me to be honest with you.  So what if it applies to most software and operating systems?  That means we shouldn't care and should just use spyware that logs your identity, is out of your control and run by people that cooperate with cops and probably sell your info? I'm sure there are alternatives that may not be as popular but aren't really that technical to use.  Wire does not seem hard or technical at all for example; about as easy as discord.  I wish there were more popular alternatives but it's not gonna happen with attitudes like that.

Why would you make no effort to protect user data when people have risked a lot to provide the community with info? Just sitting back doing nothing and hoping for the best doesn't seem like a great idea especially when your website was just hacked. It's not just worrying about the government "coming after you" but why easily hand over this data and peoples identity to be logged for any would be adversary including hackers and journalists in the future. 

I agree people should also use a vpn or something similar in general and stop using shit that spies on us all.  Stop using sms and facebook and encourage your friends to use Signal.

Anyway do what you want I just think people should be aware of what they are using and that it's not that great for privacy and I was curious about your response.

InvisibleTulipslave

#26126034 - 08/07/19 06:58 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

in lieu of being the dick that i am.....if you don't like don't use it

pretty damn simple.

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26126281 - 08/07/19 11:51 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gnomelf said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

gnomelf said:

That sounds like a lazy cop-out and silly bullshit to me to be honest with you.  So what if it applies to most software and operating systems?  That means we shouldn't care and should just use spyware that logs your identity, is out of your control and run by people that cooperate with cops and probably sell your info? I'm sure there are alternatives that may not be as popular but aren't really that technical to use.  Wire does not seem hard or technical at all for example; about as easy as discord.  I wish there were more popular alternatives but it's not gonna happen with attitudes like that.

Why would you make no effort to protect user data when people have risked a lot to provide the community with info? Just sitting back doing nothing and hoping for the best doesn't seem like a great idea especially when your website was just hacked. It's not just worrying about the government "coming after you" but why easily hand over this data and peoples identity to be logged for any would be adversary including hackers and journalists in the future. 

I agree people should also use a vpn or something similar in general and stop using shit that spies on us all.  Stop using sms and facebook and encourage your friends to use Signal.

Anyway do what you want I just think people should be aware of what they are using and that it's not that great for privacy and I was curious about your response.

Everything in life has a benefit/cost ratio.  As someone who ran the IRC servers way back in the day when the shroomery had one I can tell you that even that was too complex for a lot of people.  You asked Why discord instead of X Y or Z, and I told you.  You don't need to use it if you don't want too, no one is forcing you too.  People like to chat, the server is fairly busy and we have a lot of regulars and no one is at any more risk there than they are here or anywhere else on the internet.  It doesn't get much more anonymous than only requiring an email address, of which anyone can just go make one.  Those who are extra paranoid can use a VPN.  Discord is popular for other communities outside of this one, and most people including myself are on multiple servers.  The software is well built, functions as intended (unlike skype for example, which is a POS) and ease of use/access is important.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleDontFearThePeepr
 User Gallery

#26127480 - 08/08/19 06:16 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gnomelf said:

There haven't been any problems yet and there probably won't be. You're just being paranoid lol. You can use your only email acct and it won't matter just the same. Rather than complaining about how you think he should run things you can just decline the offer. The reason does not matter since this isn't a negotiable circumstance lol. There's already like more than a thousand people there and most of them aren't likely to migrate. Discord works just fine.

--------------------
It's only the strongest people who will actually help

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Shroomery Discord [Re: mndfreeze] * 1
    #26172316 - 09/06/19 10:57 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I don't hijack threads and don't read everything.  Also take long breaks at times so please forgive me for that being lost on me.  Not going to do a search every time.  It was a long time ago and it just came to mind how much I enjoyed it so I made the post.:shrug:

Thanks for the info though.

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Shroomery Discord [Re: Barnaby]
    #26272529 - 10/23/19 07:03 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

How do I sign into the chat? Im on a different computer then I signed up on, when I click the link in OP it tells me to create an account, how do I sign in as me?

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomery Discord [Re: gopher]
    #26273133 - 10/24/19 02:11 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

You should be able to just use whatever login/password you setup the first time you connected to discord.

Discord (the application/website/etc) is its own service you create an account on.  The link in the OP takes you directly to the shroomery server.  Once you have joined a server it gets tied to your account as you can be a part of multiple servers.  I'm currently in about 7.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#26283561 - 10/28/19 10:23 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I'm in favor of a "nicer" shroomery. As a wise man once said, "speak the truth in love"

Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Re: Shroomery Discord [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #26297808 - 11/04/19 08:09 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

:bump: hey freeze :witch:

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale