Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSippin Coffee
Stranger
 User Gallery
My 1st ever Contam?
    #26112514 - 07/16/19 07:27 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

This is my 3rd time through the process. I have not had any issues with contamination so I have not become very familiar with that yet. I think I got a little cocky this time around, tried to do things to fast and F'd up. At first I thought I was getting some early fruiting. That happened last time right before I pulled them and its at that same point now. I've had Myc grow on top of itself before, but this is different.

Will you wonderful folks please take a look at my picture and tell me what you think. I would appreciate any advice that I can learn from for the future. Wasting time and money is never fun.Thank you for the help.

Edited by Sippin Coffee (07/17/19 07:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLucid Dreaming
Enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mid South Flag
Re: My 1st even Contam? [Re: Sippin Coffee]
    #26112536 - 07/16/19 07:36 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not so familiar with blue mold, but that section at the top of the cake looks a lot like bruising. Maybe from dried up myc. Not sure what's going on with the center section of the cake
Wait for an experienced explanation.

--------------------

Any advice, or comments I make are merely opinions, past experiences or completely fabricated fictitious stories. I'm not a doctor, or professional. If you read something I post and use it as motivation or an excuse to commit an illegal act, your doing so at your own risk! Be safe, use common sense.

OfflineRandalf the Grey
Woodland Creature
Male User Gallery

Re: My 1st even Contam? [Re: Lucid Dreaming]
    #26112719 - 07/16/19 09:16 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

*disclaimer: not an expert*

The jelly blob in the middle looks bacterial to me based on the clear boundaries between it and other growth.
There looks to be an awful lot of orange in the birthed cakes also which is usually a sign of contam. I can't think of a scenario where orange is not bad, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.
Blue is often from bruising, but the color of the blue and the shape\orientation of it kinda looks off so not sure about that one.

--------------------
Randalf the Grey
Lost in the right direction
A wizard is never late..........but I can try
Randalf's Book of Genesis: In The Beginning - Teks, ratios, recipes and log entries
LAGM2O2O Grow Log
Genesis II: Electric Boogaloo - The Restart

OfflineNorthernBros
Stranger
Re: My 1st even Contam? [Re: Randalf the Grey]
    #26112919 - 07/16/19 10:48 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Im coming to a close on my first grow, and while I’m not much of an authority, I have been reading and studying obsessively (online and via books and so forth) for the last three months of so. That definitely looks like something to toss man.

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

Loc: In your MOM's poop shoot
    #26112987 - 07/16/19 11:47 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sippin Coffee said:
This is my 3rd time through the process. I have not had any issues with contamination so I have not become very familiar with that yet. I think I got a little cocky this time around, tried to do things to fast and F'd up. At first I thought I was getting some early fruiting. That happened last time right before I pulled them and its at that same point now. I've had Myc grow on top of itself before, but this is different.

Will you wonderful folks please take a look at my picture and tell me what you think. I would appreciate any advice that I can learn from for the future. Wasting time and money is never fun.Thank you for the help.

I jumped straight to grains when I started, so never having done BRF I would like somebody else to chime in, but... that shit would make me JUMP SHIP if that was how my grains looked.

That is 100% colonized in your opinion..? Or did you just open it early to take the picture because of the discoloration etc?

I have seen other people's brf cakes and that doesn't look good at all.

When it comes to teks, sterile tek is THE most important tek broskie. Don't cut corners here and this will be a MUCH more fun/forgiving hobby. :cheers:

Edited by Funky Monkey (07/16/19 11:48 PM)

Offlinek5hd2y
Depersonalized & Complete
 User Gallery

Re: My 1st even Contam? [Re: Funky Monkey]
    #26113070 - 07/17/19 01:41 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

:whathesaid:

But would still like to ask the OP, what are you trying to grow, and where did you find those cool sampler jars.

:goodluck:

OfflineJe77Ce11ar
I'm a teapot

Re: My 1st even Contam? [Re: k5hd2y]
    #26113149 - 07/17/19 04:24 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

The second picture def looks like wet spot bacteria. The way the myc is all puffy around the spot leads me to believe that its a contam issue. The blueish areas in the first pic look more like bruising than contamination. Overall they arent the best looking but id still try to fruit it anyways and see what you get.

OfflineSippin Coffee
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: My 1st even Contam? [Re: Je77Ce11ar]
    #26114855 - 07/17/19 07:33 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you for all the replies. I apologize for the delayed response. My time at home that I'm not sleeping is pretty limited right now.

Now that yall mention it, it does look a lot like the bruising I remember from my last grow. I saw that much bruising a few times when I had large fruits that were difficult to remove. However I do not recall it being gooey or slimy at all.

I did not include this in the OP and shame on me, but this was not ready to come out of the jar yet...I only pulled it for pictures and to take a closer look. It was still another 6-10 days before it would have been colonized. Would that mean it could still feel wet? I've never handled a cake before it was fully colonized and usually I wait about a week past when I think its done just to be sure. So I pulled this cake a good 10 days before I would have.

Some of you mentioned another color, but that may be the picture. I only see white and the blue. There is some off white in there as well..my wife might call it "Antique White" lol. If that helps any.

As for what I am growing...please confirm that I can go into detail and I will. I have read the rules, but I haven't spent enough time here to see that I have interpreted them right lol.

InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

Loc: In your MOM's poop shoot
    #26114869 - 07/17/19 07:37 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

My sig is all cubes. You're good.

The shroomery has never received a request from the government for information in the entirety of it's existence and they say they would fight any such request to the bloody end.

They also scrub your picture location/personal information data at upload as well.

So no worries.

OfflineSippin Coffee
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: My 1st even Contam? [Re: Funky Monkey]
    #26114932 - 07/17/19 08:00 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Very well. Thank you for the info. I was more worried about breaking their user agreement.

Those jars contain spores for Golden Teacher strain

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom