Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYomi
All hunting so far... failing
    #2609954 - 04/28/04 01:04 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I've been looking around, and have been told that some mushrooms only grow at nite, and by morning they die out. Now I am posting this to acquire knowledge, those who want to insult me I offer you a noose and some aids.

Is it possible to find "active" mushrooms without exploring fields at 2:30 in the morning. I was told by a friend who used to collect these mushrooms, he told me he found them in this field at 2:30am-6:00am. Ive searched the woods found some oyster mushrooms,found some poisnous mushrooms in horse field, and some just plain non-active mushrooms in a field. I realize some of you may redirect me to the FAQ, which I've read. The FAQ does not appear to specify times of the day, or much including the Pacific Northwest. The active mushrooms I have seen in the FAQ mostly talk about Mexico, Hawaii, or southern areas... Please don't redirect me to a FAQ that I have read, or don't tell me to go read the FAQ again. If you don't have any help to offer, just please disregard this post and move on. Thank you all in advance

...yomi

...yomi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
Re: All hunting so far... failing [Re: Yomi]
    #2610363 - 04/28/04 02:28 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The best time of day to hunt is during the daytime. Seeing shrooms at night is a real pain in the arse, even with a nice flashlight. A lot of people prefer going in the early morning because #1 it enables you to beat other hunters to your favorite spots #2 the dew/fog/mist that collects on the ground overnight can help the mushies grow

As for the Pacific Northwest, your best bet this time of year is Psilocybe stuntzii. Mushroom John has found a few already, you could search his posts or PM him for more info on habitat.

Good luck.

OfflineThatDaltonGuy
PermanentlyFried
Loc: USA
    #2610875 - 04/28/04 09:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

yeah early in the morning is what i think would be best... just as the suns coming up.

--------------------
Let me remind you that the above text is completely false and has been typed to you by an escaped mental patient and shouldn't be taken seriously unless you yourself also have a mental condition. These kind of things need to be taken into consideration by those viewing these threads.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2610926 - 04/28/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

successfully hunting for specific wild mushrooms requires you know what you're looking for.  the fact that you're looking through cow pastures in washington at 2:30am in april and posting pics of Agrocybes with hardly any description and no spore print makes me think that you don't.  I know you don't want to hear this, but you obviously do need to read through the FAQ some more.  BTW, time of day probably isn't mentioned in there because it doesn't matter, contrary to what some will tell you...

now wheres my aids

:tongue:

DH

OfflineYomi
Re: All hunting so far... failing [Re: spores]
    #2610961 - 04/28/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

DH your aids will be coming in the mail shortly, i first classed it so you can mail me the shipping and handling fees at a later time... Also I wasnt searching cow pastuers at 2:30 am. I was searching a soccer field that is always soft and covered in dew and wetness. And i know i dont know much about mushrooms, but I am trying. I checked out some books and have been reading them. Ya I will be pming mj, and also DH where in Washington you at? Maybe you can help me out aswell if your up for it, if not enjoy the aids.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2611026 - 04/28/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

heh

I'm in seattle currently. If you're only after psilocybes, it's generally pretty sparse picking until October or so. going out of your way trying to find your first ones this time of year seems like a waste of time to me. not trying to discourage you from hunting, cause it's probably a good idea to work on your hunting/ID skills if you want to be ready when the main season comes around. It's just that psilocybes are MUCH MUCH easier to come by in the fall months. Lots of edibles and other fungi will be around to practice on until then though. So if you're genuinely interested in hunting/identification, now is a good time to start learning. On the other hand, if you're just looking to trip, I'd say finding some cubensis spores and getting your grow on or hitting up your neighborhood drug dealer is your best bet.

DH

OfflineYomi
Re: All hunting so far... failing [Re: spores]
    #2611397 - 04/28/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ya DH, I am not just looking for another trip(thats just a plus) I am pretty genuine about learning about mushrooms, not just the psilocybes. I heard stuntzis are out and about this time of year but I have a little over a week of experience. Im basically just finding all the mushrooms I can and trying to identify them. If you look at my previous posts you can see that heh. I am very interested in mycology, and although im still in high school I would like to take classes on mycology for self knowledge and appreciation. Ever since I have gotten interested in mushrooms I have had a great deal more of appreciation for nature and plants in general, I find myself staring at trees. I think that this is a good hobby for me, and it comes with some good trips if it works out.

OfflineYomi
    #2611402 - 04/28/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

oh btw im in Kirkland, maybe during the fall season you can show me around or somthing.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom