Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
Re: Running [Re: Hippiebait] * 1
    #25927930 - 04/10/19 11:52 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I think my ankles, knees, and hips would all weep uncontrollably if I ran barefoot.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Re: Running [Re: Bumholio] * 1
    #25997164 - 05/17/19 01:20 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I went home for a week just after Easter then didn't do any training for 2 weeks. Did a 5k at my local parkrun last Saturday and really struggled. I was gutted and thought I'd undone all the hard work I've put in so far this year.

I've been out twice more this week so far just doing 5k's and found it much more comfortable, phew. So I'll do the parkrun again tomorrow and then next week see if I can get back to doing 10k.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Running [Re: Bumholio]
    #25999771 - 05/18/19 11:16 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Damn, you do a lot of running!  That's badass.  Random question, have you ever run while on shrooms or acid, etc.?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Re: Running [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #25999804 - 05/18/19 11:42 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Haha, did a different parkrun this morning. This one has a hill and it's a looped circuit so you go up the hill twice. Fucking killed me nearly.

No I couldn't run on shrooms so I doubt I could on acid either. Even the next day I cant run so i make sure i dont be taking shroomz on Friday night.

Have you got some good weather for hitting them trails?

--------------------

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Running [Re: Learyfan]
    #26007940 - 05/22/19 06:16 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Love it.  Squats, dumb bells doing squats, and jogging or hiking everyday and getting ready for section hiking.  Have to give up some of my favorite substances for awhile but is well worth it. 

People call me an alcoholic and pill popper but I know my body chemistry and give it up when it warms up.  Then they are amazed when they see me jogging or in hiking gear....but, but, wait!  You can't do that!  You are an addict!

Life living in an apartment.  I miss living where I didn't have to deal with this shit and judgement.  And a wonderful subwoofer to work out to and sound system.  Whatever, I just have to live with walls where you can hear the conversation next door.  Modern day living and judgements, the click of the cans.  Blah.

I love being in shape, eating healthy, stretching everyday, dancing, singing, jogging, hiking and camping, and getting fucked up. Is amazing how fast with the right diet and exercise when one gets lazy once in awhile or preparing for summer/warm weather depending of course where on lives and travels.  Time for all things.  Planned 20 days of hiking the PCT at 12 miles a day and partying it up in Ashville two days beforehand but within reason, will be itching for the trail.  Where water is gold. 

Marathons, different animal.  Whatever, each their own.  My body feels fucking wonderful.

Offlinethats_incentive
 User Gallery

Loc: Big Tex
Re: Running [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #26015372 - 05/27/19 02:01 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Running is cool.

There's what they say about brain chemistry, that seems to be true although I've experienced unwanted side effects from it before.

I had some interesting runs back during my stint of microdosing cubensis variety mushrooms. One already tends to have fun revelations whilst running, thus the two are of a naturally potentiating relationship. I think this is a direction that should be explored more thoroughly and in fact I was rather inspired to post an in depth review about it at the time. The experiences changed my view on 'sport' in general, especially organized varieties thereof, the aforementioned shifting from cynical to romantic, idealized by ancient stories of olympic games, blah blah.

If you're running mostly on pavement you're doing it wrong! Loosen up and forget about those insoles. Well since you have them why not, but NB is fine I'm still in my high school cross country asics. Although I'm also still rather in my youth, so listen to your body. But softer ground helps, so trails! BTW asphalt is softer than concrete, so if you aren't the weird guy running in the street into oncoming traffic, you should be!

One thing I noticed during my microdoses was how tense I was. What energy I was expending on nothing at all! How I was fighting my own breath!

I let the arms go loose, the head loll gently about its axis, the ankles spring loaded pivot points. The diaphragm practically falling open. Much better.

--------------------
-DM me if you surf here-

Offlinethats_incentive
 User Gallery

Re: Running [Re: thats_incentive]
    #26015386 - 05/27/19 02:23 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Well shoot I just read through, some legitimate concerns here. Yeah you can take running too far, but I argue that isn't the point of running.

In fact even on the note of brain chemistry, they say long distance running will even begin to release stress hormones after a point. But that's just the fact, maybe then this helps condition your body to regulate stress hormones better in situations that don't really need it, or only need a little, I don't know.

And speaking of conditioning, one poster had it spot on in that your peak physical condition in your prime directly correlates to your physical capacity in your aging years, so listen up young folk. A cool book about it I can dig up, one with references throughout that I swiped from a university library, not one of those opinionated quack books.

Other than that, I'm of the belief that diet plays an important role on the function of the body in later years, but nobody wants to talk about that! Plus I've fallen off in that area as of late, so I don't have the right.

--------------------
-DM me if you surf here-

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Running [Re: Bumholio] * 1
    #26015809 - 05/27/19 09:23 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Bumholio, the weather has been great and I have been hitting the trail once per week.  Every now and again, I even run on the street near my house if I eat something with a lot of calories.  But no matter what the weather is, I'll be running at least once per week until November. 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#26025059 - 05/31/19 02:34 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

"so listen to your body. But softer ground helps, so trails!"

Yes, I do both but trails, plus the added benefit of nature and wildlife, rivers, etc. I agree.  But I don't mind hard pavement, tracks, or streets.  I have shoes for everything.  My closet is stuffed with them and I use all of them besides my cleats this summer, lol.

Some women ran a marathon in high heels as she was a normal marathon runner and her boyfriend made a joke about doing it.  So she trained at night when no one really noticed and did it. 

Runners/long distance hikers for the most part are fucking determined people.  A lot of discipline.  Many if they feel challenged, they will do it. That competitive side as well, I love it.  Like when hiking for days on end and it is just like, get the fuck out of my way you fat lazy bastards!  The obese ones like the clogged arteries they have that just get in the way.:mad2: 

I sound like an asshole but it is just an annoyance.  Enjoy your summer.

Offlinethats_incentive
 User Gallery

Re: Running [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #26112956 - 07/16/19 11:20 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Barnaby said:
Runners/long distance hikers for the most part are fucking determined people.  A lot of discipline.  Many if they feel challenged, they will do it. That competitive side as well, I love it.  Like when hiking for days on end and it is just like, get the fuck out of my way you fat lazy bastards!  The obese ones like the clogged arteries they have that just get in the way.:mad2: 

I sound like an asshole but it is just an annoyance.  Enjoy your summer.

Yeah pavement is alright but you can only take so much

But long distance hiking makes so much sense to me if there's context. I want to hike the australia west coast with an 8'6 surfboard :'((

Some of the best point waves everr, now that's incentive! Idk about hiking for weeks on end just for scenic views and risking your life though, but anything that makes the ol' blood move I say.

--------------------
-DM me if you surf here-

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#26113077 - 07/17/19 01:49 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

blarney Aussie nonsense.  Just go to a fucking ocean.

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Running [Re: Barnaby]
    #26113086 - 07/17/19 02:01 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

98 degrees and whatever that measures to there. 

Great walk.  Not much jogging, had shit to carry. Not drugs.  Amazing how much one can sweat but I feel, entering 2 a.m I could jog for an hour. 

Is a wonderful feeling when there are no cars and one can just jog in the middle of the street or wherever.  Everyone is sleeping till the workday.  I don't have to work. Lol.

Life is good.  So is eating well and being fit and this is written by an American.

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#26117174 - 07/19/19 01:48 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Uggh.  Riding out this bender as I have under two weeks.  Tickets are bought for this 250 mile hike/camp just when one gets on a good bender, procrastination.  Will do it easily.

Is a rush getting on a plane after months and being in nature in months and being in a liberal town and smoking weed with no negative consequences and going back to a hostel with cool owners that don't give a fuck.

Yeah, almost that time.:thumbup:

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#26117176 - 07/19/19 01:50 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

And yeah, fuck Nike's.  Each their own.  Training before my boots Asics.  Love them.

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#26117179 - 07/19/19 01:53 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Who likes to listen to music when jogging, working out?  And who prefers silence and just hearing the sounds of nature?  Like birds chirping and there is so much one becomes attuned to.  But for now..

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#26119009 - 07/20/19 12:26 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

God, my neck really fucking hurts but will heal.  250 mile challenge.  Who is up to committing to it if you have any integrity at all.:shrug:

Looking forward more to finishing a long hike and reading, setting up my tent.  Nothing electronic.  Body is ready for it, just wasting time right now. :waits:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies