Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshroomguy087
Peace Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning * 1
    #26110962 - 07/16/19 02:40 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/methed-up-gators-and-ducks-and-geese-oh-my-tennessee-police-warn-against-flushing-drugs-down-the-toilet/ar-AAEncQS?ocid=spartanntp

Pray to never encounter a meth-gator: an alligator on methamphetamine.

One Tennessee police department is urging residents not to flush drugs down the toilet, citing fears that wildlife might consume them and exhibit unnatural behaviors.
"Ducks, Geese, and other fowl frequent our treatment ponds and we shudder to think what one all hyped up on meth would do," the Loretto Police Department posted Saturday on Facebook. "Furthermore, if it made it far enough we could create meth-gators in Shoal Creek and the Tennessee River down in North Alabama."
Some social media users immediately latched on to prospect of methed-up gators.

"This should be the new mascot for a university down there," one user tweeted. "Think of how terrifying it would be to play the South Alabama Meth Gators."

"TONIGHT!! Live at THE NICK!!! METH GATORRRRR!!!!" another user joked.

The effects of methamphetamine on alligators is unknown. Loretto police did not note any recent documented cases of alligators consuming meth, but took a dig at Alabama's "attack squirrel" case.
Last month, Alabama authorities arrested a man who allegedly fed meth to a pet squirrel named Deeznutz and trained it to attack people. Authorities said they could not conduct a drug test on it, however.
A jungle python in Australia reportedly required six weeks of detoxification after absorbing meth through its skin in a lab. The python behaved more aggressively and erratically, a senior overseer at the John Morony correctional complex told The Telegraph.
'Zombie animals': Here's which ones you should actually worry about
Dogs fed meth can suffer from seizures, diarrhea and extreme agitation, according to a study published in the BMC Veterinary Research journal.
Researchers have also found freshwater shrimp with traces of cocaine in the United Kingdom, according to a University of Suffolk study. Professors cited concerns about the environmental consequences of such pollution.
In Tennessee, police noted sanitation workers are not prepared to clean out meth from sewage before sending it to retention ponds or eventually downstream to Alabama's alligator habitats.

--------------------
:grin::mushroom2::stoned::mushroom2::grin:

~ Love All For Being ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGnWzr5hXc

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: shroomguy087]
    #26111126 - 07/16/19 07:31 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Meth Gator - my new band name!

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26111163 - 07/16/19 08:00 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

They worried about SSRI's with fish years ago.  Sewers don't treat chemical metabolites.

Interestingly enough, sometimes they test sewage for drug metabolites.  Just to watch levels increase.  Weekends are higher for cocaine.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: Morel Guy]
    #26111179 - 07/16/19 08:08 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, I've read several articles on the chems in the city water supply, it's pretty alarming.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#26111231 - 07/16/19 08:26 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly this makes sense, and its not just meth. Antidepressants, benzodiazepines, you name it. But who is flushing meth in these quantities? Are there that many paranoid tweakers holding huge amounts? Though i mean even 10-20mg of just regular oral amphetamine has a strong reaction in most humans

I dunno if gators are more or less susceptible but thats scary.

And imagine all the rc's and whatever. Dont flush drugs

Gators on 2ce and flakka

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #26111233 - 07/16/19 08:27 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Since you mentioned it, I did read about a study where they tried to qualify what illicit drugs were prevalent in different areas based on testing waste water.

There are also concerns about all the pharmaceuticals in our drinking water that conventional treatment methods are unable to remove...the consensus has been they are in such minute quantities that it's not a concern, but there is evidence that being constantly exposed to them at low levels can have all sorts of negative effects, influencing allergies, autoimmune disorders, developing sensitivities, and disrupting our endocrine systems.

But as far as wildlife getting high the drugs would have to be flushed in a water proof container then found, opened, and eaten...I don't think that's a real concern and this is just stupid. I mean I am sure their are environmental concerns, but not drug crazed animals.

Edited by Holybullshit (07/16/19 08:29 AM)

InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

#26111239 - 07/16/19 08:33 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

i didn't know there were gators making their way into TN.  only places they could be is around Chattanooga or Memphis.  really doesn't seem likely, though, with all the river-traffic/commerce.

honestly, this seems fake.

edit:  Loretto is a podunk town ~25 mi N of Florence and Rogersville, AL, the closest river towns off the TN River.  there is no fucking way there are gators making their way up into there.

Edited by Tulipslave (07/16/19 08:41 AM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: Tulipslave]
    #26111291 - 07/16/19 09:22 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

They talked about going down stream to the gulf area.

Not that anti drug propaganda is built on a lot of truth.  I agree tat the concentrations are very low for meth in water sheds.  Pharmicuticals are of much higher concentratioms.

Plus,they have no real data to support their claim.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26111333 - 07/16/19 10:00 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Holybullshit said:

But as far as wildlife getting high the drugs would have to be flushed in a water proof container then found, opened, and eaten...I don't think that's a real concern and this is just stupid. I mean I am sure their are environmental concerns, but not drug crazed animals.

Yeah, I can't imagine the dosing would be high enough. Those treatment ponds are usually pretty large.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleTulipslave

Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: Morel Guy]
    #26111336 - 07/16/19 10:03 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
They talked about going down stream to the gulf area.

Not that anti drug propaganda is built on a lot of truth.  I agree tat the concentrations are very low for meth in water sheds.  Pharmicuticals are of much higher concentratioms.

Plus,they have no real data to support their claim.

yup, this is all fake-news media hype bullshit. 

pharms are a much bigger issue.  but from water-treatment plant to groundwater/streamways, 10-15mi down to the TN river, and flowing further down into the gulf-states, you're talking MAJOR amounts of dilution and breakdown of any chemicals.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#26111340 - 07/16/19 10:06 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

When I lived in Gulfport MS there was about a 4-6 foot gator in the fucking surf/gulf! They get used to the brackish water and sometimes swim into the gulf. I saw the thing with my own eyes. A guy caught it fishing in the gulf right off the shore!!!

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
    #26111342 - 07/16/19 10:08 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Tweaker gators? I've heard it all. :goodluckwiththat2:

InvisibleTulipslave

#26111443 - 07/16/19 10:53 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
When I lived in Gulfport MS there was about a 4-6 foot gator in the fucking surf/gulf! They get used to the brackish water and sometimes swim into the gulf. I saw the thing with my own eyes. A guy caught it fishing in the gulf right off the shore!!!

yes, but we're talking seriously inland of that, with few major watercourses, most of which are highly-active commercial waterways and are also highly polluted.

OfflineLeAto
Listener

#26111465 - 07/16/19 11:11 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

A few years back there were a few alligators in Broadway Lake near Clemson SC.  Thats way up in the north west portion of the state near the GA and TN border.  They cleared them out and brought them closer to the coast if I remember right.  It seems that the potential territory for Alligators in the US goes quite far inland and upstream of the major rivers, we have just killed off the former populations and dammed up the rivers so we don't see them as often far from the coastal regions.  Just like Elk and Wolf's in South Carolina.  We've just killed them off for fear and sport.  Apex predators help increase biodiversity and maintain the ecological balance...

~ LeAto

Edited by LeAto (07/16/19 11:15 AM)

Offlineshroomguy087
Peace Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: LeAto]
    #26112611 - 07/16/19 08:24 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Meth Gator is crawling into a town near you. :laugh:

--------------------
:grin::mushroom2::stoned::mushroom2::grin:

~ Love All For Being ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGnWzr5hXc

OfflineDuckmang
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26112818 - 07/16/19 09:58 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Around 15 or so years ago in the shithole, two stoplight town I'm from, a woman was gored by a deer while standing in line at the bank because it could smell and was trying to get at the crack she had in her pocket. 

True story.

--------------------
2X4 Laminar Flow Bench
16 qt pressure canner
16" bag sealer
Virtually Unlimited Bunny Poop

Currently growing:
Reishi
Lions Mane
Golden Oyster
Shitake

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: LeAto]
    #26113400 - 07/17/19 08:01 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LeAto said:
A few years back there were a few alligators in Broadway Lake near Clemson SC.  Thats way up in the north west portion of the state near the GA and TN border.  They cleared them out and brought them closer to the coast if I remember right.  It seems that the potential territory for Alligators in the US goes quite far inland and upstream of the major rivers, we have just killed off the former populations and dammed up the rivers so we don't see them as often far from the coastal regions.  Just like Elk and Wolf's in South Carolina.  We've just killed them off for fear and sport.  Apex predators help increase biodiversity and maintain the ecological balance...

~ LeAto

I don't know how far their territory extended during the colonial period...the climate was colder then, not just because of global warming but just a cooler period historically on a geological scale.

But there are alligators in Tennessee now, and alligators have been extending their range...just another side effect of a warming climate, which is having all kinds of affects on animals that can't tolerate cold(also check out wasp super nests in AL).

Edited by Holybullshit (07/17/19 08:11 AM)

InvisibleTulipslave

Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26113524 - 07/17/19 09:00 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
Quote:

LeAto said:

~ LeAto

I don't know how far their territory extended during the colonial period...the climate was colder then, not just because of global warming but just a cooler period historically on a geological scale.

But there are alligators in Tennessee now, and alligators have been extending their range...just another side effect of a warming climate, which is having all kinds of affects on animals that can't tolerate cold(also check out wasp super nests in AL).

https://www.tn.gov/twra/wildlife/reptiles/alligators.html

so far only in West/SW TN, which makes sense, as there are many more small tributaries around that area.  It'd be a stretch for them to make it to the Central/North-central or Eastern part of the state.  going to look up these "wasp super nests" you mention.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: Duckmang]
    #26117217 - 07/19/19 03:21 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Duckmang said:
Around 15 or so years ago in the shithole, two stoplight town I'm from, a woman was gored by a deer while standing in line at the bank because it could smell and was trying to get at the crack she had in her pocket. 

True story.

Huh, i wonder how that was narrowed down to crack. Surely the deer didnt have a foil pipe stashed away. But i dont disbelieve it.

As far as whether this is a true "gators on meth" issue, itd be worthwhile to check how many other pharms and Amounts in the water. And then consider that this reporting prolly doesnt happen for illicit drugs and they might not even check

Gators need to be on mdma or benzos. Hopefully timed so that the benzos hit as the mdma wears off. Then we might see some more chill gators. However, some gators are docile. If you look at the ones people use for "wrestling" (not really wrestling, what im referring to, more like handling in theatrical ways, what i saw didnt hurt the gators, and yes in Fl lol)

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleTulipslave

Re: Gators on meth? Tenn. police issue warning [Re: Fractal420]
    #26120337 - 07/20/19 05:46 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

So, after this news-story went viral, the Loretto sheriffs department issued a statement saying something to the extent of:

'There are no reports of alligators or other animals locally or in bordering states with any amounts of meth in their system.  The press release we issued was intended to make people think about how they dispose of their medications and other substances.'

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom