Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineRandalf the Grey
Woodland Creature
Male User Gallery

Re: Grain jars look ok? [Re: Funky Monkey]
    #26113020 - 07/17/19 12:38 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Not at all. Nothing but love Funky Monkey
Just didn't want to come off as an arrogant new guy
:peacesign:

--------------------
Randalf the Grey
Lost in the right direction
A wizard is never late..........but I can try
Randalf's Book of Genesis: In The Beginning - Teks, ratios, recipes and log entries
LAGM2O2O Grow Log
Genesis II: Electric Boogaloo - The Restart

Edited by Randalf the Grey (07/17/19 12:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineiNitwit
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Grain jars look ok? [Re: Sir Pentinite]
    #26113661 - 07/17/19 10:22 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks fellas I am more informed and surprised that’s something I haven’t read about when reading about PC procedures. The first I’ve seen it and I read about it but I jcan’t understand what RR is talking about I gotta read it a few times. Thanks

OfflineiNitwit
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Grain jars look ok? [Re: Je77Ce11ar]
    #26113685 - 07/17/19 10:30 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Shit that’s no good to hear. Yeah it doesn’t look right for sure, some nice mycelium growing but at the tops seems like it’s fucked idk. And I inoculated a week before I was going out of town and only had a couple of growth spots, small spots, so I was gone for 2 weeks and came back to that and I had to leave the jars on the sides. And I don’t know about a shake test and I tried not to mess with them too much after I inoculated. The one jar I threw out yesterday was nice and mushy smelling in the middle but when I first opened the jar it smelled like nothing else I’ve smelled. And no mold on the inside. And another question... when it is fully consolidated what will the grains feel like? Easily smooshed between your fingers? I’m thinking tomorrow or the next day I’m just gonna mix with a sub and shoebox them. And hope for something clean! Thanks

OfflineiNitwit
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Grain jars look ok? [Re: iNitwit]
    #26118468 - 07/19/19 05:33 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

These really seem to be taking offf and the one jar looks to be almost ready and I’m gonna give it another day or two but the other one isn’t on the same pace. No colors yet but I’m spots it almost looks like packed cotton which has me worried but I don’t have the eye for it yet.

OfflineiNitwit
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Grain jars look ok? [Re: iNitwit]
    #26137055 - 08/15/19 12:09 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Grain did it’s job. So did outgrows substrate, it had been in the freezer since april so kudos to them. I had a little mold which i hit twice with h2o2.  It looked like mold to me, comparing pics and descriptions and absence of strong mushroom smell. But see if I get sick from eating them but they smelled good, just didn’t smell like mushrooms until I started fanning inside the bag after first opening it so it had me a little concerned. These were all short and stubby for the most part compared to longer and mostly skinnier on the first grow using brf. Quart and a half of spawn used thought it would be a little bigger. Thanks for all the good tips I was gonna shoebox but I had 1 bag left so it was meant to be and I don’t trust my apt air quality etc. bags are awesome if your not looking for high yields. A little fun factor is lost for sure but I’m happy.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate