Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
letter to Indymedia,etc-last attempt
    #2610992 - 04/28/04 10:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

There is entirely too much of a story out here that is being ignored. Such as over 5% of the population of the school has tumors of some sort (8affected/120students=6.66%)I have tried in vain to make the regulatory powers to do their jobs but it has been a brick wall. Now I am hitting up ALL the independent media and my congressman with this letter. Pray for me if it suits you if not please wish me luck. The Columbiaztion of the PNW is real and it is devastating the wildlife and the humans. We now have on a regular basis, deer staggering to the stream to die. Whole patches, up to 3/4 of the skin are white and necrotic. Officials are at a loss to explain why the common mite which is supposedly causing this is now an out of control parasite rather than the somewhat rare but definately minor irritant it has previously been known to be. What ecological challenge precipitated such a powerful change in the effect of one singular minor louse? Well the deer "Generaly" (I qualify this because it is based upon my own observations rather than the general aceptance as fact the rest of this is)stagger from clear cuts and clear cuts are where they spray to kill Alder, Maple,Rats(Yes, we are sprayed with rat poison), and parasitic fungi using over 20 chemicals including 2,4-D, one of the ingredients of Agent Orange.

Where does one begin?  I do not know when it began; it just seemed to gradually seep into our lives and bodies until we ran from our home with death on our heels.
  Dramatic eh?  Nothing compared to the reality of living through it for near eight years.
Why is this person ranting?  What is it I am talking about?
  In the rainforest of Columbia, farmers grow a plant called coca from which is extracted a drug called cocaine, a drug our government has seen fit to protect us from.  They use a multitude of methods to try to stop cocaine.  One of the ways is to ?destroy? a field(which coincidently sits above an enormous cache of oil and natural gas) with aerial herbicides.  The reports come back describing skin lesions, rashes, and a host of more serious illness from exposure to these herbicides.  Many human rights organizations have come out decrying this practice.
Now north a few thousand miles to the rainforest of the Oregon coast range.  As office manager of our local medical clinic, my wife was in a unique position to observe just what illnesses were coming in to the office.  During certain times of the year skin rashes, kidney and liver ailments and anxiety/depression made up the preponderance of patients.
How can these events be related?  Aerial spraying of herbicidal compounds.  In our area timber companies to ostensibly halt competitive growth by deciduous trees on Douglas fir timberland do it, but the practice has been picked up by law enforcement to include a spray chopper to follow the sheriff cannabis patrols. The coastal valleys are sprayed with herbicides, rodenticides (rat poison), and fungicides throughout the year, along with their residents.
Largely the effects are so insidious that many people have not yet realized the source of their complaints, we are all busy trying to live active country lifestyles and it leaves little time to ponder the cause of ones nonspecific anxiety or the pock-like rash which comes and goes.  Usually it is when, like someone we know, loses their hair within a week of the railroad spraying the tracks with herbicide that the questioning begins. Once the connection is made it usually causes the person to either run or get vocal. Unfortunately the vocal are usually marginalized and ignored. Reasoned and thoughtful letters to the press are ignored and State officials routinely investigate but dismiss damage done by drifting clouds of poison.
Anecdotally when we were leaving our home we stopped in at our little local caf? for dinner.  I was lamenting the health issues which were forcing us from our home.  The proprietor then popped up and said ? why don?t you talk to her, she?s a reporter? Her ears pricked up and I related an abbreviated tail of our gradual decline in health and the intensification of the number of spray choppers working our valley.  She then wanted to further meet with me and wished for me to gather information from others in the area experiencing the same problems. It being a 50 mile stretch of old highway snaking along one of the best salmon streams in the state I put up flyers with contact info concerning the issue at the small stores which dot the highway. I had not heard anything back from this reporter when I E-mailed her about my plans and she stood me up at our meeting time.  I had by this time filed her away as another dead end until she called me franticly threatening me with a libel (?) suit and how I should have discussed with her the placing of the flyers. I was dumbfounded, after all I had told her that this was a LARGE issue and many dollars were involved, no small amount including law teams hired by the timber corporations to squelch just such activity.  Well to this old timer it seemed she had been threatened about looking into this too closely.
As I write this I am struck by how little recourse a man has in protecting his property if said property is in the way of corporate profits.  I can go on listing one event after another in which timber interests have buried private land owners in a legal quagmire when their right to poison the land is questioned. 
My place is beautiful right now, the blossoms of spring abound and the new green leaves are growing.  A seven acre dell across a bridge on a salmon spawning creek.  Pretty Poison is what my life?s work and dream has become.
WR :thumbdown: :wexican:

--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
Re: letter to Indymedia,etc-last attempt [Re: whiterasta]
    #2611279 - 04/28/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Do you live in Columbia, or Oregon?

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: letter to Indymedia,etc-last attempt [Re: MetaShroom]
    #2611374 - 04/28/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Pages: 1
whiterasta
for medicinal purposes only

Reged: Apr 09 2002
WR.
PS I often wonder myself

--------------------
To old for this place

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: letter to Indymedia,etc-last attempt [Re: whiterasta]
    #2611658 - 04/28/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Good luck. I hope you succeed in ending the spraying of your land, yourself, and your loved ones.

I wish I could help you. I will mention your problem to people I know and keep you in mind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale