Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKetamineAndHoes
Stranger
LSD and Shrooms comparison
    #26106021 - 07/13/19 02:57 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Acid and Psilocybin, perhaps the two most classical psychedelics of all time. I love the soul out of both and Iโ€™d like to discuss them. How similar and different do they feel for you? Which do you find it easier to have a bad trip on? What specific qualities do you find to be different between them (besides duration of course). What purpose do you use each of them for? Do you think either one is specifically more friendly and forgiving then the other?

--------------------
Took a tab, then another tab, then somebody said to me
Nigga, why you babysittinโ€™ only two or three tabs?
Imma show you how to turn it up a notch
First you get a swimmin pool full of acid, then you dive in it
Pool full of acid, then you dive in it
๐ŸŒŠ ๐ŸŒŠ ๐ŸŒŠ ๐ŸŒŠ ๐ŸŒŠ

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: LSD and Shrooms comparison [Re: KetamineAndHoes] * 4
    #26106292 - 07/13/19 06:07 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

To me, they're almost polar opposites. Two distance ends of some kind of spectrum. Psilocybin is sedating, LSD is a stimulant. Psilocybin is very emotional, LSD is very analytic. Psilocybin is very internal and personally insightful, LSD is more creative, intellectual, and external. The visuals are about as different as they could be although there is some overlap. LSD is like a cartoon fantasy wonderland, psilocybin is more like kaleidoscopes and geometry. LSD's visuals are slower, psilocybin's visuals are faster and more frantic.

LSD is controllable, psilocybin controls you. I've seen things from my internal imagination appear visually on LSD and my imagination can control the content of my hallucinations, but not with psilocybin. LSD has these glowing ever changing neon colored lines or echoes or sometimes webs that turn into cartoon wonderlands that I've never seen with psilocybin, and after images, whereas psilocybin has much more melting and bending and waving. Psilocybin has a LOT more mindfuck, LSD is comparatively clearheaded.

It's maybe easier to have a bad trip on psilocybin (psilocybin tends to more anxiety provoking, fear inspiring, and emotionally difficult) but bad trips on psilocybin tend to be easier to manage and get through in a weird way. Plus bad trips on psilocybin often end up being very positive and enlightening in the end. LSD is maybe more friendly, but bad trips can be very dark and disturbing, and they don't tend to be enlightening or positive in the end. It's kindof like the difference between a bad trip emotionally vs. intellectually, kindof. Still, I find that I have FAR fewer difficult experiences with LSD than psilocybin, but with psilocybin even the difficult experiences can often be highly rewarding so it balances out maybe.

In my opinion, psilocybin is good for personal insight, solving inner personal problems, confronting your demons, all that internal stuff. Whereas I think LSD is better for creativity, artistic creation, intellectual problem solving, that kind of thing. Internal vs. external is kindof how it seems to me.

I really like the old saying that LSD is like being in the driver's seat, psilocybin is like being in the passenger's seat, and DMT is like being in the trunk.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: LSD and Shrooms comparison [Re: KetamineAndHoes] * 1
    #26106296 - 07/13/19 06:11 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

I find shrooms and acid to be quite different but yet feel somewhat similar as well.

I think its easier to have a nice trip on shrooms, unless u get into heavy doses. Acid is great as well but can make me feel a little crazy at times, moreso than shrooms in my experience. Acid makes me feel like im on a stimulant while shrooms can have a lethergic feel to it as well as a stimulant quality, but not as stimulating as Acid.

I would say dealer shrooms feels like the "Acid" version of shrooms, wild, intense, stimulating and sorta makes u feel crazy. Homegrown shrooms and certain varieties of shrooms like Pan cyans and Ps stunztii are more calming/easier to handle.

Acid visuals are more realistic to me and the CEVs are more "high tech glowing neon". Shroom visuals are more organic so to speak, CEVs look both organic and high-tech, sort of like a natural version of Acid i guess.

The modulating peaks of Acid is interesting and ya gotta be ready for when they come. Shrooms dont really have those modulating peaks, its more subtle i guess.

I love both substances but I will say that shrooms feel easier to handle overall but Acid can have some amazing visuals and some incredible states of mind that can also be easy to handle.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: LSD and Shrooms comparison [Re: nooneman] * 1
    #26106733 - 07/13/19 11:20 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
To me, they're almost polar opposites. Two distance ends of some kind of spectrum. Psilocybin is sedating, LSD is a stimulant. Psilocybin is very emotional, LSD is very analytic. Psilocybin is very internal and personally insightful, LSD is more creative, intellectual, and external. The visuals are about as different as they could be although there is some overlap. LSD is like a cartoon fantasy wonderland, psilocybin is more like kaleidoscopes and geometry. LSD's visuals are slower, psilocybin's visuals are faster and more frantic.

LSD is controllable, psilocybin controls you. I've seen things from my internal imagination appear visually on LSD and my imagination can control the content of my hallucinations, but not with psilocybin. LSD has these glowing ever changing neon colored lines or echoes or sometimes webs that turn into cartoon wonderlands that I've never seen with psilocybin, and after images, whereas psilocybin has much more melting and bending and waving. Psilocybin has a LOT more mindfuck, LSD is comparatively clearheaded.

It's maybe easier to have a bad trip on psilocybin (psilocybin tends to more anxiety provoking, fear inspiring, and emotionally difficult) but bad trips on psilocybin tend to be easier to manage and get through in a weird way. Plus bad trips on psilocybin often end up being very positive and enlightening in the end. LSD is maybe more friendly, but bad trips can be very dark and disturbing, and they don't tend to be enlightening or positive in the end. It's kindof like the difference between a bad trip emotionally vs. intellectually, kindof. Still, I find that I have FAR fewer difficult experiences with LSD than psilocybin, but with psilocybin even the difficult experiences can often be highly rewarding so it balances out maybe.

In my opinion, psilocybin is good for personal insight, solving inner personal problems, confronting your demons, all that internal stuff. Whereas I think LSD is better for creativity, artistic creation, intellectual problem solving, that kind of thing. Internal vs. external is kindof how it seems to me.

I really like the old saying that LSD is like being in the driver's seat, psilocybin is like being in the passenger's seat, and DMT is like being in the trunk.

Hit the nail on the head. I feel the same way

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
Re: LSD and Shrooms comparison [Re: nooneman]
    #26107000 - 07/14/19 02:59 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:

In my opinion, psilocybin is good for personal insight, solving inner personal problems, confronting your demons, all that internal stuff.

Yeah, this was very well said and spot on.  The only thing I'd add is for me psilocybin isn't sedating, it just doesn't feel like a stimulant like LSD.  And the closed eye visuals are a lot better on psilocybin.  LSD also gives me uncomfortable body sensations like muscle cramps and shaking, which I don't like.  But the highest dose I've done on LSD is 300ug.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: LSD and Shrooms comparison [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #26107414 - 07/14/19 10:59 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

I tell everyone the same thing...with psilocybin...you just need to make it past the comeup. The comeup is when you have all these negative feelings and the trick is not letting the comeup slip into the peak. It takes a little practice but it gets easy. Just accept youre shitbag and all that and by the time the peak hits you already came to the conclusion you're an asshole so it's all good from there

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub