Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNameTaken
Stranger
Identification of Dried Mushrooms
    #2610293 - 04/28/04 03:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, im new here...i just had a quick question. i looked for a bit and couldnt find an exact answer.

If im buying dried cubensis from people, is there any way it could acidentally be one of those poisonous species i keep hearin about? Im buyin from a couple different people, but i dont know where they get it from, and it looks almost exactly the same every time.

so i just needed to know if theres any chance of posionous ones bein able to pass as dried cubensis, or whether or not i could tell if they were picked or grown in a kit.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
Re: Identification of Dried Mushrooms [Re: NameTaken]
    #2610336 - 04/28/04 04:11 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

personally, i think they would rather have return customers...

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

OfflineLysergic_1968
Ego-killer
Loc: The Seventh Circle of Hel...
Re: Identification of Dried Mushrooms [Re: wds]
    #2610449 - 04/28/04 05:38 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

In my own experience I've never seen fake or poisonous mushrooms passed off as cubensis, and don't think I know anyone who has. While it does happen- there was a famous case where a girl in Long Island I think ate Galerinas that were sold to her as shrooms and died. The likelihood of someone doing that is pretty low. Like wds said there'd be no point in sellin bogus mush if they're smart dealers, they want return customers. If you're worried, then only buy from people you know and trust, and always inspect the goods carefully. Anyway that's just my stoned advice, peace

--------------------
"Turn on, tune in, drop out." --Dr. Timothy Leary

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Identification of Dried Mushrooms [Re: Lysergic_1968]
    #2611074 - 04/28/04 12:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The 16-year-old girl was from Whibey Island in Washington state who died on Christmas day in 1982, several days after here and two 17-year-old male companions pickjed and ate Galerina autumnalis assuming it was Psilocybe stuntzii. The 2nd day after eating the shrooms they became sick and did not go to the hospital for three more days because they were afraid they would be busted for using illegal drugs.

The girl died and the kids are both alive today and oon dialysis,

Try not to spread misinformaition as you did anbove.

mj

And there are unscrupulous dealers who sell canned frozen Agaricus bisoporus and A. campestris mushrooms with LSD in them and sprinkled with PCP. THese shrooms have n been on the black-market since the middle to late 1970s and are still sold around the United States.

In Europe, The same similar mushrooms, sold in frozen GI tins simialr to C and K ration cans are also available.

THe cans are sealed and alledgedly from Mexico.

No one knows who makes them or why. Excepot they are a burn. I even bought a can in the middle 1970s. Had them analysed by Pharm Chem labs in palo Alto, Califorinai.

Years ago, if one lived in Lane County, Oregon or Humbolt County, California, the universitry of oregon woould pay free for drug analysis. Advertising in High TImes.

You would call pharm chem lanbs. They would give you a secret number. Then you mail you samlple drug to them with the secret number.

Call a feree 800 number within days after mailing the sample and they would give you the results.

Many shrooms were actually grocery store shrooms with , as I noted above, LSD and PCP.

have a shroomy day,

mj

OfflineNameTaken
Stranger
Re: Identification of Dried Mushrooms [Re: wds]
    #2614426 - 04/29/04 03:13 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanx for the info/help so far.
Yes i realize they would want return customers, and i wasnt implying that the poisonous shrooms would be dealt on purpose (if i sounded that way, woops :P) i was saying that because the guy selling them doesnt grow them himself, it was a possibility that the person who picked em in the first place made a mistake.

Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2621873 - 04/30/04 04:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If the person you are buying from picked the mushrooms, I would not buy them. You are then trusting his identification skills, and they could be any mushroom for all you know.

Look for specks of vermiculite on the mushrooms, you won't always find these, but if you do you know that the mushrooms were home grown.

--------------------

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...
 Arcade Champion: Tontie

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2623414 - 04/30/04 10:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

they'll be good..

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience