Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineChardRich
chardzard
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Upper Left USA
First shot at grains, inoculation question
    #26100954 - 07/10/19 09:22 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

I know that doing agar first would be ideal, but I wanted to shoot my shot with what I had. I made a LC, tested it on one jar, and then used it on about 20 more. All of the jars look healthy and have not shown any contam.

I have been following Bod's oat tek and will soon have quart jars ready. I am planning on just putting micropore tape over the hole, which leads me to my question. What is the best way to get the LC into the grain. Should I open the lid and squirt some in, or should I poke it through the tape and then put fresh tape over the hole?

Thanks !

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFunky Monkey
Human Suppository
 User Gallery

Loc: In your MOM's poop shoot
Re: First shot at grains, inoculation question [Re: ChardRich]
    #26101016 - 07/10/19 09:49 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChardRich said:
I know that doing agar first would be ideal, but I wanted to shoot my shot with what I had. I made a LC, tested it on one jar, and then used it on about 20 more. All of the jars look healthy and have not shown any contam.

I have been following Bod's oat tek and will soon have quart jars ready. I am planning on just putting micropore tape over the hole, which leads me to my question. What is the best way to get the LC into the grain. Should I open the lid and squirt some in, or should I poke it through the tape and then put fresh tape over the hole?

Thanks !

For your setup that is what I would do. Poke through and add more tape while working in a SAB

Here is Franks approach that I followed to the T with great success using a syringe, in your case substitute spore syringe for LC, and of course you will be squirting more solution, but the injection operates on the same principles:

Quote:

FrankHorrigan said:
Step Four: Inoculation
Do not cut corners with this step. It is the most important part of your grow.

Prepare your space: Work in a room with as few drafts as possible: turn off your central air, close all the windows, turn off any fans. Make sure you have your still-air box set up on a desk or table and that it is comfortable to work inside of. Set up your area with two paper towels soaked in 70% isopropyl, a pair of gloves, your flame source, your spore syringe, and make sure your sterilized jars of grain are nearby (if you must, on the floor is fine).

Prepare yourself: Take a shower, brush your teeth, wear clean clothes. Put on gloves, apply rubber bands around the wrists of your sleeves to prevent any unnecessary drafts. Close the door to your work room and make sure no pets are present to make a mess of things.

Do it: Work quickly and carefully. You want to minimize the amount of air you stir up while you work in your still-air box.

Put as many jars in the SAB as you can comfortably fit. I prefer 3-5 at a time. Wipe down each jar with an alcohol-soaked paper towel before putting it into the SAB.

Wipe your gloves down with a 70% isopropyl alcohol soaked paper towel. Inside the SAB, remove the foil from each jar and discard. Shake your spore syringe vigorously, try to break up the spore clumps as much as possible.

Inside the SAB, attach the needle to your syringe and remove the cap. Outside of your still-air box, flame the needle tip until it is red-hot then move it back into your SAB.

Squirt a couple drops of spore solution on to the floor of your SAB to cool the needle. You should hear a "hiss" and then a few drops will fall out.

Carefully insert the needle into the polyfill on the first jar (again, you should feel some resistance if it was stuffed tight enough). Squirt 3-8 drops of spore solution on to the grains and remove the needle from the jar.  Repeat for the rest of the jars in your SAB.

Odds are you will not be able to inoculate all 12 jars in your SAB at once. Repeat the above steps for the remaining jars you need to inoculate.

Do not shake the jars at this point, the spores need to germinate first. Place the inoculated jars into your plastic tubs that are intended for the monos. They will colonize fine in there.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19792837

-Funky Monkey:hamsterdance:

Edited by Funky Monkey (07/10/19 10:15 PM)

InvisibleHobbit GDF
Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin station Flag
Re: First shot at grains, inoculation question [Re: Funky Monkey]
    #26101159 - 07/10/19 10:55 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

I use lids with two holes in the. One with polyfil and the other with silicone. I inject through silicone. Self sealing. All in SAB.

OfflinemushboyM
Moooshboy?
 User Gallery

Loc: better trashcan
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First shot at grains, inoculation question [Re: Hobbit GDF] * 2
    #26101172 - 07/10/19 11:05 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

you should learn to pop open the lids and inject that way. its a useful skill cause its how you g2g. ships can be vectors

InvisibleHobbit GDF
Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: First shot at grains, inoculation question [Re: mushboy]
    #26101543 - 07/11/19 06:38 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

I have done a2g and g2g successfully. I usually don't even use the kids like that. I use agar now instead of spore syringe

InvisibleHobbit GDF
Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: First shot at grains, inoculation question [Re: Hobbit GDF]
    #26101728 - 07/11/19 09:53 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

I want to learn LC and LI. So the lids should help with that right?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation