Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineocean829

Trich after first flush... now what?
    #26100344 - 07/10/19 01:47 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Hey gang,

I read stickies here, the how it should/shouldn't look, and a bunch of other threads, and though the identification and causes seem to have been well documented, I haven't found a clear or consistent answers to the remedy/solution/treatment questions when trich is confirmed in a tub on a sub.

Saw many saying "ack toss it!!" and others "ahh let it play out, if you've got fruits/healthy myc", and still another that saw some guy going to the ER after smelling his contams.

A post from '12 suggested layering it with salt produced good results, stopping its growth and allowing the rest of the tub to finish the current or even subsequent flush -- though as you can see I've got trich also on the side of my shrinking sub.

Aggressive, dense white stuff came a few days after a decent first flush, and finally today started turning green. I harvested with Bod's float & cut method, and misted heavily after as suggested (tho he said wait a few days and I misted heavy at first as the top seemed dry). WBS jars were solid white, and things looked good until now. Myc never colonized very thick on the CVG sub like elsewhere I've seen, but did pin 10 days after spawning to bulk.

Many thanks for your advice on what to do or what I may have done wrong -- even if it's just pointing me to any posts where this has already been answered! 

Maybe I'm kidding myself and have already seen a bunch of trusted cultivators say "throw it out," but golly all those months of work and physical resources for just one flush??  Gah.  I can be grateful for just that if that's best.

Cheers!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScrapper
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Trich after first flush... now what? [Re: ocean829]
    #26100364 - 07/10/19 01:58 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Im in the same boat and feel your pain! I crush it on the first flush but never get a second. Always trich right after harvest. Then I rush to get it outside as to not wreak havoc on the other tubs...

Offlineocean829

Re: Trich after first flush... now what? [Re: Scrapper]
    #26100880 - 07/10/19 06:33 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Scrapper - such a drag, right!?
Well, after calming down, leaving the tub closed, and taking time to read here and on reddit about treatment, determined that it was a losing battle akin to keeping someone well past their time on life support.  Too much of the bad stuff flourishing and reaching well out beyond the visible.

Layer folded sections of paper towel down on the surface patches to limit its spore spread, and harvested a teensy second and final flush. Some of the mushrooms up against the trich had green sogginess growing up 'em, and when I bagged the sub out back, saw actually 3 sides of the sub had it, and the tub was left with some nasty white or green sticky mess in parts. 

Clearly the right decision to pull the plug — and I even had a clear tub and couldn't see all that even in good light!

My best guess is my sub was a tad beyond field capacity, and even tho in 10 days I got a great first pinset that yielded an albeit smaller fruit, I think it being too wet, and opening it up to mist and fan before the sub was strongly, solidly colonized (still saw lots of brown coir on top and sides), the myc didn't get established enough to be able to out-compete off the trich.

Think for next time, I'll make sure the sub is drier, and maybe even oughta let it colonize first although most folks seem to favor a direct-to-fruiting approach.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds