Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYomi
Substrate
    #2609983 - 04/28/04 03:08 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The substrate that I have formed seems very dry and flakey. I used 2/3 brown rice flour, 1/4 vermiculite and 1/4 water... I placed in jar(air tight) boiled it and am letting it sit as of now. My question is will the flakeyness be a problem? Will the cake come out as a whole when its innoculated? Finally since I sterilized the jar will I need to sterilize it again when my spores arive? Can the jar get infected or will letting it sit tight untill the spores arive be a fine? Thank you all for the help of a newbie aspiring to create.

Edited by Yomi (04/28/04 03:00 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Substrate [Re: Yomi]
    #2610071 - 04/28/04 03:18 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Why did you use brown sugar flour?

No you shouldn't have to resterilize it but why make the jars so early?

Good luck.  :wexican:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineempath
I feel you

Loc: Seattle
    #2610085 - 04/28/04 03:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

First, you should have waited until you had gotten the spores. I have never heard of brown sugar flour? Maybe you mean brown rice flour? You should have more vermiculite than flour. If it looks dry, then add more water, the recipe is not written in stone. When you boil it you should have alreay punched holes in the lids to allow pressure to escape. All your questions could be answered if you just looked in the FAQ in the black bar up there.

--------------------
"It tastes like burning"-Ralph Wiggum

OfflineYomi
Re: Substrate [Re: empath]
    #2611414 - 04/28/04 03:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i meant brown rice sugar, and the FAQ does not explain what the substrate looks like or should look like. I did the whole punching and everything, my real question is should the substrate be flakey. I made two batches, one with more water, and one with the water that I read off this site, and erowid. The one with more water turned into a whiteish pasty mix, while the one with less water looks a lil different, but more or less a mushier version of vermiculite. And I made the jars ahead of time because of pure impatience, do you guys reccomend when the spores come to remake the substrate? Thanks again

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#2611436 - 04/28/04 03:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You wrote sugar again. No sugar! Anyway, the substrate should sort of have the consistency of moist sand. REally can't tell by the description if it's right or not. Just follow directions exactly and you'll be fine. Best of luck!

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2611437 - 04/28/04 03:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Yomi said:
The substrate that I have formed seems very dry and flakey. I used 2/3 brown rice flour, 1/4 vermiculite and 1/4 water...

You've got your ratios mixed up, try 2/3 vermiculite, 1/4 brown rice flour, and 1/4 water.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineYomi
Re: Substrate [Re: Evolving]
    #2613330 - 04/28/04 10:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i feel like a fucking retard.. arg... FLOUR FLOUR FLOUR not sugar yomi FLOUR ok im good now... hmm Ill take a picture of it, also i messed up on typing what i put in, i did use 2/3 verm, sorry guys i havnt gotten much sleep, doesnt really make up for the fact that im appearing retarded but its all gravy. Thanks guys (or girls)

Edited by Yomi (04/28/04 11:00 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation