Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Michigan - selling weed without a license
    #26098083 - 07/09/19 02:33 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Ive been thinking about this lately. I havent seen any stories of anyone getting busted for selling weed lately. Im wondering if more people are just buying weed legally or if its become harder to get busted AND/OR do authorities just not really give a fuck anymore?

I work with someone, actually a couple people, who are nvolved in selling with no license and they seem to be pretty careless about it.  They offer up their services to new employees for example without a second thought, they openly talk about it etc. 

I cant imagine how legal weed is going to work come 2020 when rec shops open. I feel like the penalties for selling without a license will need to be increased for the market to be as profitable as people involved want it to be.

The only laws ive been able to find on this issue is a felony 4 year prison sentence for selling to minors.  I couldnt find the current penalty for selling to adults with no license.  Im kind of curious.

Gonna be interesting none the less to watch all of this play out

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: united states Flag
Re: Michigan - selling weed without a license [Re: NOUS333] * 2
    #26098223 - 07/09/19 03:54 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

bro that's not how u do it. in Michigan the way the laws are your not selling weed your giving people free flowers for donations get it right.

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: Michigan - selling weed without a license [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #26098243 - 07/09/19 04:02 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

I don't understand why anyone would buy weed when they can just grow it? You can get a shit ton just from 2 plants. If I lived in a legal state I would be growing it for sure.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 905 Flag
    #26098276 - 07/09/19 04:17 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
bro that's not how u do it. in Michigan the way the laws are your not selling weed your giving people free flowers for donations get it right.

It's similar in Canada. Gifts are fine as long as it's 30 g or less. As long as nobody sees money change hands there is no evidence of lawbreaking. Apparently you don't want to imply that it's any type of tit for tat exchange or barter though, at least here. "Yes they gave me money when I was giving it to them but that was a donation (or money they owed me from an earlier date)" might not fly. But for selling to friends inside their or your home there is really nothing they could get you on as long as nobody transports more than 30g in public.

--------------------
BAN OP 2021

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
    #26098281 - 07/09/19 04:20 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

This

I live in a very active medical marijuana city in Michigan and weed is the easiest thing to find if youre actively looking. Recreational stores have been been approved in my city and we have another dispensary that was just built and is currently hiring.

I have noticed that the local medical marijuana doctor is always busy when hes in. People are still seeking to get their card for quicker access to over the counter cannabis.

Ive sadly ran into a guy asking card holders outside of a dispensary ask if they can give him free weed. That was bothersome, I also have walked in with people who ask the receptionist if they can go in without a card now that its legal (they can not). Its so cheap and easy to get a card that when you see people that havent gotten it asking around for sources its almost as if these people are ignorant by choice. Now these inconveniences were rare occurrences.

Legal market marijuana is a toddler in America still. A child of a concept at best, it will take much trial and error for it to grow into a functional member of society. The potential is there. Now let's watch what happens next. :popcorn:

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

“Everybody is ‘you’. Everybody is ‘I’. That’s our name. We all share that.”

- Alan Watts

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off quicker than Salvia"

- Rick Sanchez (voice of Justin Roiland)

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Male

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Michigan - selling weed without a license [Re: NOUS333]
    #26098314 - 07/09/19 04:36 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

A license? Fuck that. My dealer would laugh right in your face if you told them they needed one. I think it should be fully unregulated. Similar to a lemonade stand

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: Michigan - selling weed without a license [Re: ichugwindex]
    #26098326 - 07/09/19 04:42 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ichugwindex said:
A license? Fuck that. My dealer would laugh right in your face if you told them they needed one. I think it should be fully unregulated. Similar to a lemonade stand

Yeah its complete bullshit. You basically have to make big money to even sell the shit. I fucking hate the government.

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#26098411 - 07/09/19 05:14 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ichugwindex said:

Hey man I agree. And where I’m from originally in Michigan the weed culture runs so deep nobody ever worries about such a thing. But I live in a much more naive area now and everyone is really sensitive to the topic. 

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

Yeah but if you were to get caught doing this there would be a penalty. I don’t know what that would be though

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Michigan - selling weed without a license [Re: ichugwindex]
    #26098556 - 07/09/19 06:18 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ichugwindex said:

Me and my brother had one. The cops came by and shut us down because we didn't have zoning permits or some crap like that.

No bullshit.

Lemonade stands are not unregulated.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

OfflineAVShroomer
LSD enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Michigan - selling weed without a license [Re: Shroomslip]
    #26098735 - 07/09/19 08:03 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

The only people these days making decent money selling bud in MI are caregivers or dispensary owners from what I see in my area I use to sell bud for yrs until it just wasn't worth the hassle anymore which for me that was a few yrs into it being medically legal the profits were just not worth it anymore and I cant go the caregiver route cause I have drug felonies (one of them is for selling pot lol). Someday it will be shops making all the money and private growers growing their own bud for personal use and friends the day of hustling weed on the corners is slowly becoming a thing of the past IMO.

--------------------

'It's not a war on drugs its a war on personal freedom'
>**My Trip Journal**<

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Michigan - selling weed without a license [Re: NOUS333]
    #26098796 - 07/09/19 08:35 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NOUS333 said:
I work with someone, actually a couple people, who are nvolved in selling with no license and they seem to be pretty careless about it.  They offer up their services to new employees for example without a second thought, they openly talk about it etc. 

That's the kind of person who eventually gets busted. But, people act like that even when what they're doing is straight up illegal a lot of times, so I'm not surprised. I'm sure that your friend would probably be selling weed the exact same way even if it were straight up illegal.

You can get busted for selling without a licence, and it does happen. Whether it or not it happens to your friend, who knows. It's possible the police just aren't going to care, or he may end up in jail, you never know.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Community >> The Pub