Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineyagayaga
Stranger
 User Gallery
Grain bags... What do we have here? - Contamination ID/Troubleshoot
    #26078458 - 06/28/19 01:14 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I think the jars were good. Looked great, smelled like mushrooms. To be sure each bag could be traced back, each bag was nocc'ed up with a single master quart jar. This was my first attempt at bags, they don't all look like this, but there is certainly a trend. What is this, and what did I do wrong?

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.

:facepalm:  HELP!  :facepalm3:

Edited by yagayaga (06/28/19 01:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHobbyist
Citizen

Re: Grain bags... What do we have here? - Contamination ID/Troubleshoot [Re: yagayaga]
    #26078495 - 06/28/19 02:02 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Some of it appears bacterial, some appears moldy.

The examples where the grains don't completely colonize and there's a clearly visible portion of the individual grains that don't colonize would indicate bacteria to me.

The examples turning darker/grayish color would indicate mold to me. 

So to answer your questions, to me it looks contaminated, and the problem is with your spawn.

I suppose technically your spawn could have been good, but when you expanded it to the larger bags you could have introduced contaminates.  You should have been practicing sterile procedure while expanding the cultures.  If done correctly you would not have had an opportunity to smell the cultures before expanding.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Best of luck.

--------------------
Everything i say is completely hypothetical...

Offlineyagayaga
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Grain bags... What do we have here? - Contamination ID/Troubleshoot [Re: Hobbyist]
    #26078500 - 06/28/19 02:10 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Right, I figured as much. They clearly aren't "Good", so if I am not having this problem with the jars, then maybe it is the PC time with the larger amount of grain... RR says 2 hours is good for bags... I'm trying to figure out not just if these bags are bad, but more why they are bad.

Offlinekorrg
Stranger
Re: Grain bags... What do we have here? - Contamination ID/Troubleshoot [Re: yagayaga]
    #26078512 - 06/28/19 02:33 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

yes, mold and bacteria. these bacterial one are nice to fruit.
this bags are quite big and dense, so i'd pc them 3-4 hours.

InvisibleHobbyist
Citizen

Re: Grain bags... What do we have here? - Contamination ID/Troubleshoot [Re: korrg]
    #26078518 - 06/28/19 02:48 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

How are you expanding it from the jars to the bags?  If your jars aren't exhibiting this, it's likely it's the expansion that's the cause.

--------------------
Everything i say is completely hypothetical...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag