Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegetmyshroomon
Trip Sydicate

Loc: 4 hours away from the mid...
sterilizing syringes
    #2607474 - 04/27/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

anyone know how to sterilize plastic disposable syringes?

--------------------
-Relax and take notes while i tokes on the marijuana smoke-Biggie Smalls

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineempath
I feel you

Loc: Seattle
Re: sterilizing syringes [Re: getmyshroomon]
    #2607508 - 04/27/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

just suck in some boiling water a few times, then let the last time cool in the syringe and your ready for your prints.

--------------------
"It tastes like burning"-Ralph Wiggum

Offlinefrock
    #2607521 - 04/27/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I steralized my plastic ones in the Pressure Cooker for like 20 minutes or so. Just take out the plungers.

Im assuming your reusing one you bought from a spore vender. Seem to work fine for me.

To fill it with water, I just boiled water for a little while, sucked up water and squirted out, then sucked in a second time, flamed the needle, stuck the cap back on and let cool. They were then ready to go to be filled with spores. To fill, I printed two caps in a small tupperware. After I took them out, I squrted the water from all 5 syringes in with the spores, flamed the tip of one syringe and then scraped the spores off the bottom. Them proceded to suck it all back in one at a time, flaming each needle before sucking the water back in.

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

#2608845 - 04/27/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

A friend of mine has had great success with sterilizing his in the microwave. He just pulls about a cc of water into the syringe and draws the pluger all the way back. Then you just pop it in the there and nuke it for about three minutes. The cc of water turns to steam and does a good job of sterilization. Just put the alcohol swabbed needle or syringe cap on quickly when you open the door and before you take the syringe out. This method is really only feasable for preparing the syringe for drawing out liquid myc. Frock's method above is definately the way to go if you are making spore syringes. I don't,however,think the pc before filing with boiling water is absolutely necessary ,but it is never a bad thing to be extra sure if you can. My friend has used a pc many times to prepare his spore syringes,but he simply fills the syringe with bottled water before he puts it in and places the needle on with it's cap. Then you just wrap it in foil and drop it in for about 30 min and your ready to go. He has never had a problem with leaving the plunger in during pc'ing. In fact it seems to me that if you didnt pc it also you would be wasting your time.---Oh yeah,I almost forgot you want to put something in the pc that will keep the syringe above the water level. (jar or something)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag