Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail.
    #2605549 - 04/26/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Anyone registered on the Dark Underbelly forums probably received one or both of the following e-mails. While appearing authentic, they fortunately are a scam. None of the administrators are facing any legal action and at the moment we have no reason to believe any accounts were compromised on this site or TDUB. However, please check back for more details as we uncover them. At any rate, it's not necessary to burn your computer or move to Mexico. Sorry for the scare!

-Y

Quote:

Return-Path:
Delivered-To: ythan@taconic.net
Received: (qmail 19871 invoked by uid 118); 26 Apr 2004 22:05:25 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO taconic.net) (127.0.0.1)
by 0 with SMTP; 26 Apr 2004 22:05:25 -0000
X-MessageWall-Score: 0 (taconic.net)
Received: from [69.28.160.162] by taconic.net (MessageWall 1.0.8) with SMTP; 26 Apr 2004 22:05:25 -0000
Received: (qmail 31938 invoked by uid 81); 26 Apr 2004 15:03:25 -0700
Message-ID: <20040426220325.31937.qmail@thedarkunderbelly.com>
To: register@thedarkunderbelly.com
Subject: Urgent notice
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:03:25 UT
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: PHP
X-AntiAbuse: Board servername - thedarkunderbelly.com
X-AntiAbuse: User_id - 2
X-AntiAbuse: Username - Vampire999
X-AntiAbuse: User IP - 193.255.207.252

As of today Vampire999 aka (name removed) has been arrested by the Drug Enforcement Administration of the United States. All server logs have been seized and the IP addresses will be analized and according action taken against the users. This investigation is in connection with Shroomery.org. Please do not login to either site any further if you would like your information kept private. PLEASE TAKE PRECAUTIONs AND STAY AWAY FROM BOTH SITES.

Sincerely,

mndfreeze aka (name removed)

Quote:

Return-Path:
Delivered-To: ythan@taconic.net
Received: (qmail 10745 invoked by uid 118); 26 Apr 2004 22:33:36 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO taconic.net) (127.0.0.1)
by 0 with SMTP; 26 Apr 2004 22:33:36 -0000
X-MessageWall-Score: 0 (taconic.net)
Received: from [69.28.160.162] by taconic.net (MessageWall 1.0.8) with SMTP; 26 Apr 2004 22:33:36 -0000
Received: (qmail 1466 invoked by uid 81); 26 Apr 2004 15:31:47 -0700
Message-ID: <20040426223147.1465.qmail@thedarkunderbelly.com>
To: register@thedarkunderbelly.com
Subject: REGARDING LAST EMAIL
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:31:47 UT
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: PHP
X-AntiAbuse: Board servername - thedarkunderbelly.com
X-AntiAbuse: User_id - 2
X-AntiAbuse: Username - Vampire999
X-AntiAbuse: User IP - 193.255.207.252

My last email was not a joke. The DEA has seized all our records and has installed a monitoring program on the server. This is the same for Shroomery since Vampire999 is an admin there aswell. We are wanted because of a few DDOS attacks we organized against people we hate. Sorry that we got everyone else caught up in it. Please PM Shroomery admins to have your posts/accounts deleted there.

Thank you,

(name removed)

You may call me at (phone removed) if you have any questions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail. [Re: ]
    #2605575 - 04/26/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

dammit, and i was hoping for a reason to do both....
Thanks for letting us know tho.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail. [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2605624 - 04/26/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

thats a relife

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2605701 - 04/27/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The shroomery is currently under a distributed denial of service attack. I would assume the attack is in coordination with the above emails.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail. [Re: Seuss]
    #2605709 - 04/27/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Max users online was 1693 @ 00:53 27/04/2004

:shake:

Stupid attacks.....

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail. [Re: Annom]
    #2605742 - 04/27/04 08:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

why would anyone attack the shroomery? or have the motivation to send out these fake emails??

i just dont understand.

~JSlice~

--------------------

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2605843 - 04/27/04 09:18 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That is SO fucking lame. This community has gone through too much for people to be fucking around like that. Shame on whomever perpetuated this shit.

I received this email and my initial read of it had my stomach in my throat. At least it isn't true....

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail. [Re: Seuss]
    #2605998 - 04/27/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

the whole thing appears to have been well planned out.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail. [Re: Ripple]
    #2606134 - 04/27/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Except for the part about the DEA arresting people for hacking, and MND "confessing" to a crime in a bulk email from a server that had already been seized by the DEA.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Re: SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail. [Re: angryjslice]
    #2606198 - 04/27/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

angryjslice said:
why would anyone attack the shroomery? or have the motivation to send out these fake emails??

sadly, it's about money, control and power as usual. the shroomery has an enormous number of members, and so it can host sponsors banners to generate revenue. this generates jealousy from competitors, some of whom do not have moral boundaries. there was recently a bustup involving a former administrator, who seems to have hacked into accounts and started his own venture, trying to lure away moderators and other seasoned members of the online mushroom community.

not content with stealing documents, spreading misinformation and poaching staff, he is now apparently sinking so low as this recent scaremongering. i hope he can live with himself - you know who you are, i'm not gonna name you, please show a little respect. there are people less tolerant than me who would gladly (use your imagination) for this kind of lowlife activity. it is important that all shroomery members are circumspect in their posts to prevent people like this from fucking us over.

makes you think, frown, and feel sorry for the perpetrators doesn't it? oh well, what goes around comes around.

--------------------
buh

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
    #2606284 - 04/27/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

By hurting shroomery.org your hurting yourself and the OMC.  Its petty and childish.  Learn to get along, or get along.
Dont malinger u bitches! :smile:

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail. [Re: shirley knott]
    #2606367 - 04/27/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

> there was recently a bustup involving a former administrator

Although this person mentioned may be upset enough to do such an act, I personally have no reason to believe that this is the case. (I also do not have any reason to believe this is not the case.) I am not trying to defend anybody, but rather would like to remind people not to jump to conclusions.

> what goes around comes around

Indeed

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

#2606387 - 04/27/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shirley knott said:
Quote:

angryjslice said:

sadly, it's about money, control and power as usual. the shroomery has an enormous number of members, and so it can host sponsors banners to generate revenue. this generates jealousy from competitors, some of whom do not have moral boundaries. there was recently a bustup involving a former administrator, who seems to have hacked into accounts and started his own venture, trying to lure away moderators and other seasoned members of the online mushroom community.

not content with stealing documents, spreading misinformation and poaching staff, he is now apparently sinking so low as this recent scaremongering. i hope he can live with himself - you know who you are, i'm not gonna name you, please show a little respect. there are people less tolerant than me who would gladly (use your imagination) for this kind of lowlife activity. it is important that all shroomery members are circumspect in their posts to prevent people like this from fucking us over.

makes you think, frown, and feel sorry for the perpetrators doesn't it? oh well, what goes around comes around.

If you're going to talk shit and slander someone, at least be confident enough to name names.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

Anonymous

Re: SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail. [Re: 3DSHROOM]
    #2606604 - 04/27/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

they meant you, dipshit.

Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

#2606656 - 04/27/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

immaculate said:
they meant you, dipshit.

No, really? Dipshit

--------------------

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2606674 - 04/27/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbdown: :nonono:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
    #2606815 - 04/27/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

okay, 3D, i meant you. happy? i was trying to keep everyone's names clean.

i don't think there was any slander involved. please cease your harassment of this community. you severed your ties and lost many friends here by your recent actions and public lack of distancing yourself from the actions currently underway (basically equivalent to condoning them, since everyone knows your history).

i'm not speaking for anyone but myself by saying this, but i have lost my respect for you recently. good luck in your new endeavour. now be a man, and walk away. ok?

--------------------
buh

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2606894 - 04/27/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

3DSHROOM, is there any relation between you and the attacks?

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Re: SCAM ALERT! "Urgent notice" e-mail. [Re: Annom]
    #2606936 - 04/27/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
3DSHROOM, is there any relation between you and the attacks?

if you'll swear there is not, i apologise unreservedly for my rash suggestion. i think a great many people would like to hear the answer to annom's question.

--------------------
buh

Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

#2607121 - 04/27/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

First let me say that I have nothing to do with the attacks, nor anything to do with what happened at TDUB.  The admins here have shown zero proof either way, it's all speculation on the part of the people who don't like me here.  I've been a regular user of this site since '99, I've made many friends here who I still speak with, and I will continue to visit this site until I feel like leaving.  I've contributed more to this site than 98% of the people here, yet I get zero credit for that.  I had the SWAT team raid my apartment when I lived in PHX because of a pissed off Shroomerite.  I had fully automatic rifles with laser sights pointed at my head.  Did any admin here offer to help out legally when this happened? Fuck no they didn't. The people who are talking shit about me have been here for less than a year and don't know even 10% of the whole story.

In a way I feel bad that the site is being attacked, because I sure wouldn't want it to happen to me.. but I also somewhat don't feel bad, due to the things that a few admins here did to me.

Quote:

sadly, it's about money, control and power as usual. the shroomery has an enormous number of members, and so it can host sponsors banners to generate revenue. this generates jealousy from competitors, some of whom do not have moral boundaries.

If you think I'm jealous of the Shroomery, then you have a thing or two to learn.  Sure my site is small, but it will grow... however the Shroomery is TOO large.  Posts get buried quickly and there are an abundance of idiots running around... something I can do without.

You want to talk about morals?  Then lets talk about Thor, Ythan, geokills, papaver, matts, Vampire999 and Anno conspiring behind my back, accessing my personal email account, my personal accounts at different sites, hiring Vampire999 to break into the server to take the data, etc.  Is that morally right? or do you just look the other way because they are your friends?

Vampire999 allows mndfreeze to kick/ban me from chat anytime he feels like it, and he also allows mndfreeze to give out my home Ip address, and requests that people DDOS it.  But of course you wouldn't know about that because you'd rather stay blind to the facts, since you are mad at me for something I didn't do.

Quote:

there was recently a bustup involving a former administrator, who seems to have hacked into accounts and started his own venture, trying to lure away moderators and other seasoned members of the online mushroom community.

Please show me how I have 'hacked' into accounts here...

Yes I started my own venture, so that I could help pay off the Shroomery's old hosting contract, which I am still stuck with until August.  I in no way tried to lure away moderators or seasoned members, but if they want to moderate/visit my site aswell and/or leave this site, more power to them.  They are allowed to do that, as this is a somewhat free country.  Maybe they come to my site since it is a breath of fresh air.  Not a crowded place such as this.  Most of the great cultivators/moderators/admins here leave because they get fed up with this place for one reason or another.

Quote:

not content with stealing documents, spreading misinformation and poaching staff, he is now apparently sinking so low as this recent scaremongering.

I used a few worthy posts from this site at mine, but so does every other website in the OMC.  Shroomery itself has used countless articles from other sites... so what is your point?  There are many scripts you use here every single day that were written, at least in part, by myself.  Should I get my panties in a wad because the current admins are still using them?

Please show me where I spread misinformation.

Quote:

there are people less tolerant than me who would gladly (use your imagination) for this kind of lowlife activity.

And now you are trying to scare me by saying that some shroomery members are going to come kick my ass?  Come on now.  Let them come knock on my door, I'll have my shotgun ready.

Quote:

oh well, what goes around comes around

That's true for EVERYONE, not just myself.
:wexican:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale