Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Getting Ready for work
    #2604776 - 04/26/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I just got back inside from hackysacking out in the front yard, and now it sucks because I've got to go to work...

I can't wait until I can start working for myself, and not have to go in and take orders from other people...

Which make's me ponder the thought of other Shroomerite's working for themselves..Does anyone work for themselves? Running there own bizzness?
I'd like to hear about it if you do, anyways I'm off to work,

peacenlove
~funky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Getting Ready for work [Re: funkymonk]
    #2604777 - 04/26/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

booyah........ footbaggin :thumbup: :cool:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2604847 - 04/26/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't work... only school for now, but this summer I'm moving and am going to have to get a bloody job :frown: But I have a good friend in michigan who works for himself, running a computer business. He loves it, and it seems to me like he has more freedom (and money, for that matter) than any of our other friends. His motto- "If I can't do it stoned, i don't want to be doing it!"

:grin:

--------------------

Offlineoggleman
Stranger
Male
Loc: Chicago
    #2605130 - 04/26/04 03:04 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Taking orders from others is a fact of life. Get a job that you like, then it may not be as bad. Myself I would never go into business for myself because I'm HORRIBLE with money, and any business that I started would last like one month tops haha.

In regards to the statement "If I can't do it stoned, I don't want to be doing it", thats one of the dumbest, most self restricting mottos I've ever heard. Try saying "Can I do this job stoned?" at your next job interview. Thats fine if all you want to do with your life is dig ditches and wash dishes, but the most rewarding and best paying jobs require employees with things like an attention span, an attention to detail, effective communication skills, high energy, and a lot of other things that being high get in the way of.

I'm not straightedge or anything but part of growing up is realizing that things like getting high are NOT the most important things in life. I mean, wtf, seriously.

--------------------

InvisibleSpeeker

#2605735 - 04/27/04 08:44 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbdown: w*rking sucks! Period.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Getting Ready for work [Re: oggleman]
    #2605958 - 04/27/04 09:52 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

he said the guy's doing really good for himself.. i don't see what the problem is with him doing it high? :tongue:

i'm planning on opening my own store some day, but it's a dream that's at least 5 years away!

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: Getting Ready for work [Re: oggleman]
    #2606348 - 04/27/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

oggleman said:
In regards to the statement "If I can't do it stoned, I don't want to be doing it", thats one of the dumbest, most self restricting mottos I've ever heard.

Well... first of all, I think he means the statement as a bit of a joke. But, since it was taken seriously - this friend of mine has a university degree in electrical engineering, owns his own computer consulting company, volunteers and donates money to many organizations as well as participating in local and national political movements, meditates and does yoga every day, plays music all the time and is in the process of recording a solo album at a local record studio, and is basically an upstanding citizen... the point of my original post was to say that you can make it (and do so well) without reducing yourself to a wage-slave... it just depends upon how much time, effort, and risk you want to put into it.
:cool:

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Getting Ready for work [Re: Krishna]
    #2606473 - 04/27/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I work at a restaraunt for the time being but plan on opening up a repair shop when i get the experience, I'm first trying to get A+ certified which is the basic pc repair technicians certification, then get a certification from Microsoft. Probably the engeneering cert. Then open up a mobile pc repair, or even open up a shop someplace. I also had this idea a while back to open up a small cyber cafe, serve coffee, etc. One day when i have the money saved i'll be able to do this but until then it's back to the restaurant. I make a decent amount of tips each night so it's not that bad. But of course when i get the day to run my own business it will be great!

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleSpeeker

#2606553 - 04/27/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:
...has a university degree in electrical engineering, owns his own computer consulting company, volunteers and donates money to many organizations as well as participating in local and national political movements, meditates and does yoga every day, plays music all the time and is in the process of recording a solo album at a local record studio, and is basically an upstanding citizen...

Sounds like a (wage)slave to me..oh well, as long as he is happy..  :smile:
It doesn't matter much who the enslaver is..

Here is a good site to get some...
UNCONVENTIONAL IDEAS
Counter-Mainstream Thoughts on Living
Meaningfully in the 21st Century
http://www.unconventionalideas.com/

And you think you?re so clever and classless and free..
But you?re still fucking peasants as far as I can see...

John Lennon

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: Getting Ready for work [Re: Speeker]
    #2606624 - 04/27/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

but I wouldn't say that he is much of a wage slave, simply because of the nature of his work. he decides who he works for (for example he will only do work for local business, because of his personal morals), how much he works (he often refuses to do jobs that people want him to do because he doesn't want to work that much), when he works (chooses his own hours, etc), and so forth. So yes, in the sense that he works and receives a wage, he is a wage slave. But in the sense that he has much more relative freedom than the rest of us, I think it's quite nice...

the only way to be freer would be to grow all of your own products for consumption... but then you would be a "crop slave" :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSpeeker

#2606804 - 04/27/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah...only way to get a bit more freedom is to w*rk less.. :thumbup: :wink:

You don't want to be wage slaves do you?
But what makes wage slaves? Wages!

Groucho Marx in The Cocoanuts

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order