Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJdaddy
Stranger
 User Gallery

To be specific Im looking for knowledge on how to identify "Liberty caps" Victoria
    #26064703 - 06/21/19 12:14 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Habitat:
Urban. Man made..  Mulching, wood chip, re-vegetation area

Gills:
Varies.  I don't know my terminology well enough but I've seen white.. to (pictured) dark purple to black :smile: colour is all I have.

Stem:
Again varies.. (pictured) colour:white-brown/yellowish-proper brown.. Length: short for the 97% ones I'm sure of. 5-7cm for undeveloped or different family. Diameter: minimal. 1mm for all.. apart from the 97%5mm Texture: all hollow! interesting note; 97% after travel all stems split into 4ish strans and were not a stem anymore(if that makes sense lol)so essentially you only have the cap and strands of the stem. The smaller mushrooms the stem stay in tact and keep their shape.

Cap:
Again varies.. Heavily rely on pictures due to my lack of knowledge. All seem to resemble "bell" shape but some have a nipple with the edges fanning out. diameter: can be assumed from the stem.

Spore print color:
Dark, brown/black and purple

Bruising:
None!

Other information:
there are a lot of different shapes and sizes going on, but all have similar characteristics (apart from the big mummas) all caps are loosely attached to the the stems. Now i look at the photos their are only two different type with the odd "one"-with no analytical photos but its there, and with similarities.

Thanks community !

P.s. last 2 photos are of actives :wink:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
Re: To be specific Im looking for knowledge on how to identify "Liberty caps" Victoria [Re: Jdaddy]
    #26064860 - 06/21/19 02:45 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Your looking in the wrong habitat for liberty caps. Should be in pastures in grass.

--------------------
"In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

Subaeruginosa Guide

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: To be specific Im looking for knowledge on how to identify "Liberty caps" Victoria [Re: Jdaddy]
    #26065068 - 06/21/19 07:55 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I see Coprinellus micaceus and a Psathyrella species.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification