Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Beware the fossil fools
    #2605985 - 04/27/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: Beware the fossil fools [Re: Xlea321]
    #2606014 - 04/27/04 10:05 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
BTW, If our esteemed colleagues on the shroomery right can offer no more than their usual doltish posts about "17000 scientists including ginger spice say it isn't true" then please desist from doing so. I've read enough right-wing bullshit on this topic to last me several lifetimes  :smirk:

So you just posted this so that people that support you can pat you on the back?  My rating of you went from a 3 to a 1 for that.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Beware the fossil fools [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2606023 - 04/27/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You can't have done enima, it was already 1 last week  :smirk:

If you can add anything sensible please do so...

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#2606105 - 04/27/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I am curious -
Without engaging in a scientific debate, what are the beliefs of people on these boards about the likely impact of the burning of fossil fuels on global climate, and the likely impact of this change on people?

Personally, I think that increasing levels of CO2, methane, and other greenhouse gasses will, and have, result in global warming, and that this warming is likely to eventually lead to a decrease in the amount of ice in Antarctica and a corresponding rise in sea levels. It also may cause a sudden shift in global weather patterns, and increasing equatorial deserts.
This is a complex issue, and one for which it is hard to make sound, falsifiable predictions, but it is one that should continue to be addressed both in research and policy.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2606215 - 04/27/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If you don't have anything other to say other than "some scientists think global warming is happening" then don't post threads at all.

If you can't post anything other than left wing opinions then don't post anything at all.

If you're going to disagree with me then don't post anything at all.  :lol: :yawn:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Beware the fossil fools [Re: phi1618]
    #2606252 - 04/27/04 12:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think burning fossil fules is probably a bad thing because of the greenhouse gasses. I think if we don't stop or at least cut back drastically very soon we will tip the scale too far and will have drastic climate change. This will be very bad for everyone :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #2606347 - 04/27/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Am I the only one who sees the irony in George "Moonbat" Monbiot calling other journalists "nincompoops"?

The only Brit "journalist" who has been thoroughly Fisked more often than Moonbat is Robert Fisk himself.

The reality is that some climatologists believe in anthropogenic climate change, and others do not. There is no consensus -- despite the claims of some who say there is -- one way or the other.

Is there a reason this article is in PA&L rather than in the Science and Technology forum? What is the connection?

pinky

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Beware the fossil fools [Re: Phred]
    #2606453 - 04/27/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

nothing political, except for partisan baiting.

move it.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Beware the fossil fools [Re: afoaf]
    #2606461 - 04/27/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Done.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2606655 - 04/27/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
BTW, If our esteemed colleagues on the shroomery right can offer no more than their usual doltish posts about "17000 scientists including ginger spice say it isn't true" then please desist from doing so. I've read enough right-wing bullshit on this topic to last me several lifetimes

Funny this article is posted by someone who advocates that governments continue to build roads so MORE people can go on joy rides and burn MORE fossil fuels, so businesses who use the roads get their road use costs subsidized out of the general tax receipts so they can burn MORE fossil fuels.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Beware the fossil fools [Re: phi1618]
    #2606825 - 04/27/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the only reply that was above the deeply moronic level phi  :thumbup:

Seeing as it's been derailed by the usual far right dolts we'll leave it there  :laugh:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2606907 - 04/27/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry if we interrupted your libbie circle jerk. Your perception of any opinion that deviates from your own as "deeply moronic" illustrates your lack of the enlightenment that you make claim to.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Edited by Baby_Hitler (04/27/04 04:43 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Beware the fossil fools [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2607151 - 04/27/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Sorry if we interrupted your libbie circle jerk. Your perception of any opinion the deviates from your as deeply moronic illustrates your lack of the enlightenment that you make claim to.

:thumbup:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Beware the fossil fools [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2607544 - 04/27/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry if we interrupted your libbie circle jerk

Good to know there's unbiased fair-minded mods around at the politics board.. :shake:

illustrates your lack of the enlightenment that you make claim to.

Never claimed any such thing. You're lying and you know you are. (If you arn't lying find me a post where I claim enlightenment). Does the truth matter tho? Your petty personal hatreds clearly come first which for a mod is pretty disgusting.

Now could you give your petty little grudge against me a rest? I'm sure the rest of the science board are as bored of this petty childish shit as I am.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom