Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Families of people killed by drugs to march on parliament to demand decriminalisation * 1
    #26058116 - 06/17/19 06:45 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/drug-policy-protest-march-uk-parliament-anyones-child-family-deaths-a8959081.html

Families of people killed by drugs to march on parliament to demand decriminalisation
‘I’m walking for my son, so his existence isn’t meaningless, so that minds can be changed and attitudes altered’

Abby Young-Powell
3 days ago

Click to follow
The Independent
All drugs can be harmful, but the law as it stands makes them much more dangerous, campaigners say
All drugs can be harmful, but the law as it stands makes them much more dangerous, campaigners say ( iStock/Getty )

Families of people killed in drug-related deaths will next week start a six-day walk to parliament to raise awareness of the harms of current drug policy.

The walk, organised by Anyone’s Child, a collective of families affected by drugs who are campaigning for legal control and regulation of the drugs trade, will start on 20 June and end with families sharing their stories outside parliament.

TOP ARTICLES
1/5
Gary Woodland holds off Brooks
Koepka to secure maiden major title with US Open victory at Pebble Beach

The group are calling on MPs to regulate drugs, putting doctors, pharmacists and licensed vendors in charge of the illegal narcotics market, which they say will save lives.

“I’m walking for my son Jake, so his existence isn’t meaningless, so that 22 years of loving is not wasted, so that minds can be changed and attitudes altered,” Chris Evans, who lost her son to a drug overdose, said.

TOP ARTICLES
1/6
North-South divide in education is
'too simplistic' as poorer children do better in big cities across country, minister says

“I’m walking 55 miles of the Thames Path for my dead sons Jake and Roland. Along the way we want to raise awareness and funding for our campaign,” said Rose Humphries, who lost two sons to overdoses.

World's 10 deadliest street drugs
Show all 10
Whoonga
Scopolamine
Heroin
Crack cocaine
Anne-Marie Cockburn, who co-founded Anyone’s Child, and who lost her 15-year-old daughter Martha to an overdose, said: “As I stand by my child’s grave, what more evidence do I need that things must change? I believe that my daughter would still be alive today had she taken something that was legally regulated.”

In the UK, 70 people die in drug-related deaths every week, according to research by the European Monitoring Centre on Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA).

James Nicholls, chief executive of the Transform Drug Policy Foundation, told The Independent: “This campaign wants to see a radical change to drug policy. All drugs can be harmful, but the law as it stands makes them much more dangerous. We want to see drugs legally regulated, as is the case for alcohol and tobacco.

Read more

‘Absurd’ that magic mushrooms and MDMA class A drugs, expert tells MPs

The hypocrisy of drug-taking Tory leadership candidates is appalling

Which politicians have admitted using drugs?
“At the moment, people have no idea what they are buying and we see countless deaths every year from accidental overdose or poisoning. The amount of violence linked to supply is also spiralling. These families have experienced the tragic consequences of all this, which is why they’re calling for the government to bring the drug trade under control.”

Jane Slater, Anyone’s Child coordinator, told The Independent: “Our drug laws can harm anyone’s child. Keeping drugs illegal isn’t keeping our children safe, it’s putting them in danger. Our voices must be heard and our politicians must listen.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Families of people killed by drugs to march on parliament to demand decriminalisation [Re: sycodelix]
    #26058912 - 06/18/19 04:25 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

It is so amazing to see, of all places, potential drug reform in the freakin UK. Where everything is illegal, basically, just because it might be psychoactive (pihkal/tihkal). This really is a world changing event

And finally, a pro-drug zeitgeist

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineBasilBush
Reality Bender
Male User Gallery

Re: Families of people killed by drugs to march on parliament to demand decriminalisation [Re: Fractal420]
    #26059822 - 06/18/19 03:24 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I follow support this movement.
Many friends I've lost or opportunitys and mental health squashed as got criminal re orfd or feel as if there is no one to turn to.

Also the money and job opportunities which could come from this is unreal and would defo help alot of my lost generation and give them purpose.

Not lost any family to drugs but am in touch with the pain of unexpected family death.

All these things there proposing can only bring good.

Much love for sharing this

Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Re: Families of people killed by drugs to march on parliament to demand decriminalisation [Re: BasilBush]
    #26063902 - 06/20/19 03:10 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BasilBush said:

Much love for sharing this

OfflineBasilBush
Reality Bender
Male User Gallery

Re: Families of people killed by drugs to march on parliament to demand decriminalisation [Re: sycodelix]
    #26064374 - 06/20/19 06:50 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I'm an addict so to involved in my own shit to look outside and know what's going on.

Any news how the walk went or has it not yet reached its destination

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate