Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleSir Pentinite
Stranger all the time.

Loc: ation Location Location
Re: The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread [Re: Bobbit]
    #26054847 - 06/15/19 10:35 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I apologize for not being in/from NZ, but I wanna help if I can. :thumbup:

Quote:

chipsandwich said:
can you fit a 1 L Schott bottle in the 23qt Presto?

Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway. I have a larger 2000mL bottle and at least three of those would fit upright in the big Presto, maybe four.

The 23qt Presto's interior depth is right at 28cm with the spacer tray in the bottom. That is to the top of the pot lip and not including the slightly domed lid. If photos of anything would help, let me know.

Quote:

Would you guys recommend 1 big media bottle or a couple smaller ones?

500ml media bottles are IMO easier to use.

As an aside, 250ml bottles will fit in small 6-8qt Prestos, but I don't like them. They cool very fast and only pour about half a sleeve.

--------------------
"I thought to myself 'Boy, I'm sure glad there's nobody here to see this because this is exactly the sort of thing that gets people riled-up and they assume you're dying and that something has to be done. Where if you're alone, you know, you either come through it or you die, but in any case you avoid the fuss.'"
- Terrence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWanderingEye
Stranger
Re: The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread [Re: Dunedinite]
    #26056722 - 06/16/19 11:18 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dunedinite said:
So... needles and syringes? Looks like it's possible to go buy them from a lot of pharmacies. Are they going to put me on some list of potential heroin users tho? :lol:

And assuming I can get them, what size(s) should I be looking for?

There are legitimate uses for needle and syringes in crafts, for example. http://www.craftrunner.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3768&search=syringe
Alternatively you can just buy blunt "drawing up" needles, but they will struggle to pierce silicon etc at lower gauges.
https://www.capesmedical.co.nz/medical-products/needles-syringes/needles/drawing-up/bd-needles-draw-bevel-18g-1-12-pink/

Syringe size- for spores probably 10ml is a good balance of easy to wield but not too small. Remember if you can see visible spores in there,  you can probably add lots more sterile water (also cheap to order online) to make it go further.

A small internet retailer might flag it as suspicious if you're only ordering needles and syringes, but police certainly aren't going to care if it's brought to their attention. It's not like drug dealers also provide fresh needles. I'd maybe be cautious about ordering thousands of empty capsules or something though.

You could use a needle exchange but IMHO that's a bit of a dick move. I suppose it's unlikely mushroom cultivators are ever going to be a huge burden on their free service though.

OfflineDark lotus
Public Enemy No. 1

Loc: Up in the UnderWorld
Re: The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread [Re: WanderingEye]
    #26056736 - 06/16/19 11:41 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I use the vet clinc for my needles, pharmacy for syringes.
I,ve typically told the vet I'm cultivating oyster mushrooms and explained the inoculation process.
if they do a quick google search their curiosity will likely be satisfied.

I've also ordered bulk needles from ebay, syringes are less suspect, far more uses.

And yes there is needle exchange ,not a dick move IMO, the mushrooms I've grown have helped people going through addiction and other issues so justify it like that if you want.

preferably I buy though as selection is better, cant remember what length I have on hand, typicaly I prefer 50-60mm
I keep a box which I stock in excess of what I use and make sure to always buy what I'm likely to use before I do.

Eg, I have 200 needles 40 syringes and 6 bottles of Dettol, plus spare jars, aluminium foil(because the misses hates when I take the stuff in the kitchen)
Always good to have extra, don't think it was more than 150.00 for that lot most the expense being syringes.

Might seem excessive but seems sane when you compare how much my life is ruled by jars.

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Loc: The outsideround Flag
Re: The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread [Re: WanderingEye]
    #26056785 - 06/17/19 12:19 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Needle exchanges are part of our healthcare system, and have paid for themselves due to lack of HIV infections. Considering they must pay <5c per fit, I reckon you’re okay using them if stuck. Their syringes are too small and needles the same.

@Dark Lotus, capes are sooo cheap for syringes!
Quote:

WanderingEye said:It's not like drug dealers also provide fresh needles.

Any IV user/dealer ain’t gonna be buying 16g 50mm needles, OMFG no!!?!. . . Grow some oysters . . . Legitimise and tastyeyes!

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

OfflineDunedinite
Actually a cat

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand Flag
    #26056792 - 06/17/19 12:28 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Pretty sure steroid users use the 1.6mm needles.

Also I'm pretty keen to actually grow some edibles... There's shiitake at the supermarket I could clone but it's like $9 for a punnet of 4 hah. I guess I could grow some white buttons? :shrug:

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread - for those of us looking for New Zealand-specific assistance!

Check my journal for my attempts at growing mushrooms!

"Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The turning away"

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

#26056804 - 06/17/19 12:38 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

go to an asian grocer (where you get yer agar). They may have fresh oyster and shiitake for cheaper.

--------------------

OfflineDunedinite
Actually a cat

#26056814 - 06/17/19 12:44 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Bobbit said:
go to an asian grocer (where you get yer agar). They may have fresh oyster and shiitake for cheaper.

True that...

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread - for those of us looking for New Zealand-specific assistance!

The turning away"

OfflineDark lotus
Public Enemy No. 1

#26056896 - 06/17/19 02:50 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Holly shit!
$0.31 a syringe, I think I've been paying up to $2.50, needles are $5.00 something per 100:myfaceismelting:

Thanks Bobbit.

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Re: The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread [Re: Dark lotus]
    #26056913 - 06/17/19 03:20 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dark lotus said:
Holly shit!
$0.31 a syringe, I think I've been paying up to $2.50, needles are $5.00 something per 100:myfaceismelting:

Thanks Bobbit.

Sorry I lied.                    :trollhide:

I said by 10 get 90 free. Should have been buy 12 get 88 free

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybiNZL
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Land Flag
    #26056919 - 06/17/19 03:32 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Hi.

You can use a steamer, if you don't want to get a Pressure Cooker.
Also you can use the small sturdy plastic containers that they put your salad in at the super market. I think it is Plastic material #5. So when you heat your will most probably get female hormones.

No one is using Brown Rice Flour? What about Coir? Was that Cubensis B+ in the photo? Any one got temps for Subs?

Thanks

OfflineDunedinite
Actually a cat

Re: The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread [Re: psilocybiNZL]
    #26056930 - 06/17/19 03:53 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, PP5 containers are good to use as plates, especially if you get the small, flattish ones. They don't actually leech human hormones or anything that affect us tho, so it's fine :P

I guess no one is really making BRF or other PF-style cakes because very few people have cubes here, so there's less reason to be using them. If I'm understanding the purpose of such cakes correctly?

Subs seem to like a range of temps between 5-18C, perhaps a bit lower is okay, but if it's too warm they don't really seem to like it. Also daylight hours seem to be important.

--------------------

The turning away"

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

#26056950 - 06/17/19 04:27 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

BRF cakes can be awesome for woodies too. You can spawn cakes directly to a garden bed or use it as the basis for a woodchip tub.
Cakes 1:1:1:1 brf:verm:hardwood:water

Once colonised slice thinly or grate, harder to grate with big wood chips.

Layer with hardwood. Don't like me with this experiment, use demo Rimu. Not only is it far to old and dry to be nice to eat, subs apparently don't like Rimu!

Await colonisation, and layer with more hard wood.

I did manage to get some fruit out of this in a garden bed 9 mths later (only 2). . .

--------------------

Edited by Bobbit (06/17/19 04:29 AM)

OfflineJustAMushroom
Kept in the dark...
I'm a teapot

Loc: New Zealand
    #26056987 - 06/17/19 05:07 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Just spotted this copy cat thread Attention AUSSIE Cultivators!

Good luck to our brothers across the ditch.

OfflineDunedinite
Actually a cat

Re: The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread [Re: JustAMushroom] * 1
    #26057012 - 06/17/19 05:36 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Hahaha yeah, I seem to have started a trend. It's honestly needed though! Prettymuch everything on here is tailored to people from the US or Canada, or at least assumes that certain things can be bought, but there's so many differences around the world in what's available, what's not, how expensive things are, where one gets stuff from...

--------------------

The turning away"

Offlinetrufflemunter
Experi Mental
Male User Gallery

#26058561 - 06/17/19 10:54 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Brilliant thread @Dunedinite, thanks for starting and for the brilliant info you've been throwing up in the 2019 NZ hunting thread.

OfflineDark lotus
Public Enemy No. 1

Re: The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread [Re: trufflemunter]
    #26058786 - 06/18/19 01:44 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Are cubes really that uncommon here?, I keep getting told this but their so easy so why would they not be more widely cultivated?

OfflinepsilocybiNZL
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26058887 - 06/18/19 03:32 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dark lotus said:
Are cubes really that uncommon here?, I keep getting told this but their so easy so why would they not be more widely cultivated?

People might be on the downlow about this because of laws made by stupid politicians and don't want stuff used against them in court?

Thanks Dunedinite for the temps for subs. Hopefully they add them to the Subs page on this site :smile:

OfflinepsilocybiNZL
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26058899 - 06/18/19 03:48 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dunedinite said:
Subs seem to like a range of temps between 5-18C, perhaps a bit lower is okay, but if it's too warm they don't really seem to like it. Also daylight hours seem to be important.

Yeah the mycellium on the bark seems to be going a bit slow.

Also you can buy reptile heatmats on trade me with adjustable temperature and just get a old wine box from pak n save and throw that on top of your jars.

OfflineDunedinite
Actually a cat

#26058905 - 06/18/19 04:03 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dark lotus said:

My guess would be our biosecurity laws. Even though having spores of a Psilocybe sp. isn't illegal, it would be in contravention of the HSNO Act 1996 to possess P. cubensis spores as they would be classified as a "new organism". Any that do get seen at the border would be stopped.

Also, anyone who gets busted with cubensis isn't only going to be worrying about drug-related charges but also biosecurity-related charges. You'd be treated the same as if you'd snuck a bunch of random fruit into the country. Assuming ofc they realise they're not a native species and it's in contravention of the HSNO act.

Personally I'm not too sure that cubes could naturalise in the Southern areas of NZ, as I think it's too cold? But they could potentially naturalise in the Northern parts and outcompete native fungi :shrug: Bringing in random organisms is kinda not great for our ecosystems.

I don't think mushroom cultivation is really a big thing here either. Most people don't go picking mushrooms or even really consider them as a potential drug, I don't think. Perhaps as more people start cultivating, more will attempt to bring cubes in and some will get through and get spread around.

EDIT: I can't seem to find any information regarding anyone being caught for importing. Perhaps could lodge an Official Information Act requestion :shrug:

--------------------

The turning away"

Edited by Dunedinite (06/18/19 04:14 AM)

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

#26058917 - 06/18/19 04:29 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I'm led to believe it's too cold even in Northland for cubes to survive in the wild?

I guess as global warming kicks off who knows :shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures