Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   eBay Lighters   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
I need to find these cultivation items ASAP!!!
    #2605266 - 04/26/04 05:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I just found out my cash order for Myco Supply never reached them. I want to start growing ASAP and I need those supplies. Here is what I ordered, I'm gonna need help finding the items.

1/2 Pint Mason Canning Jars- Where can I find these, a super market? I can't think of any place else.

Brown Rice Flour- I know I can find this at a health food store, and if worse came to worse I could grind some myself (I rather not).

Vermiculite- I'm not sure where to find this, I figured maybe a hardware store like Home Depot. I figured the site would give me the oppropriate size, when looking for it at the store what exactly should I ask for. I know the pieces should be on the smaller side.

Alcohol Lamp- I can just make this with the Tequila glass technique.

Ethyl Alcohol- I never ordered this, but I could never find it. Home Depot didn't carry it, and neither did Drug Fair. The only two stores I could imagine I'd find something like that.

Please Help,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinend595

Loc: sri lanka
Re: I need to find these cultivation items ASAP!!! [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #2605278 - 04/26/04 05:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

1. do a froogle.com search for them, ace has them polsteins walmart they are all over the place.

2. Grinding is supposed to be better, its fresher, but definately a health food store and now even big stores are carrying them.

3.Home depot does not carry it and if i remember lowes doesn't either, Check a local green house they usually have it.

Can't help you with the last two.

--------------------
"He is one of those people who would be enormously improved by death."
-Saki

Everything i say, do, or post is a lie Don't believe a word i say

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2605415 - 04/26/04 06:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

3. As ND said, check a nursery.  Alot of the hardware stores don't carry it anymore.  An 8 qt bag should be plenty, and you'll probably have to take whatever grade (fine/medium/coarse) that you can find.  They usually don't say what grade it is on the bag, but you'll know the difference between the latter 2 grades.  Coarse is 5-8 mm wide, medium is smaller.  I could only find coarse, and just ground it a little bit it a coffee grinder.  Works great!

4. Just get a lighter.  That's what I use.

5. Just buy some 91%, or higher, rubbing alchohol.  You can find that everywhere.

Good Luck :thumbup: :beer:

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
    #2605422 - 04/26/04 06:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Alcohol Lamp- I can just make this with the Tequila glass technique.

You dont need this,just use a bic lighter
Quote:

Ethyl Alcohol- I never ordered this, but I could never find it. Home Depot didn't carry it, and neither did Drug Fair. The only two stores I could imagine I'd find something like that.

why would you need that,just buy a bottle of rubbing alchahol for 75 cents at walmart.They also have jars.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

Re: I need to find these cultivation items ASAP!!! [Re: ButterNut]
    #2605437 - 04/26/04 06:13 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, Walmart is pretty much the 1 stop shroom store. :lol:  Thanks Sam Walton!

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   eBay Lighters   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation