Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
shiitake colonisation issue
    #26047274 - 06/12/19 05:43 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

hey I've just started experimenting with shiitakes. I've got a fully equipped fruiting room that has produced many Kg's (or pounds) of oyster shrooms successfully.

I've inoculated 6 very large (4Kg or 10lb) blocks of supplemented sawdust substrate quite a while ago. So they have had a very long colonisation period and should be done but the bags tend to have these lines 1/4 of the length of the way from both ends that remain uncolonised despite HEAVY colonisation all around and............................. INSANE premature primordia formation!!!!!

I've moved one bag to the fruiting room a couple weeks only to now realise that the humidity sensor is broken and the humidity is not >85/90% as it should be.

VVVVVVVVVVVV OPTIONAL READING VVVVVVVVVVVV

<RANT START>
I've been a member here 15 years dammit!! Longer than I've been in my job! Please someone respond! Don't have a figure it out yourself attitude I've already read the whole of the Mushroom Cultivator and have successfully grown oysters. I've done heaps of research at some point you need other peoples opinions and experiences to get better thats what forums are for! I'm so dam sick of the UTFSE attitude as there is so much SHIT you have to go through and you still can't find your answer so that's a waste of time. Just C'MON don't be a jerk and use the forum for what it's meant for the exchange of ideas between peoples of shared interests. You guys are just promoting the stereo type that all people that are into drugs and psychadelics are unfriendly jerks. Now is this forum meant to help people or not??????????
<RANT END>

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineQuadman
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL Flag
Re: shiitake colonisation issue [Re: tryptonite]
    #26047389 - 06/12/19 07:51 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

What I see is popcorn. Shiitake get bumps all over then they turn brown. This takes about 60 days of colonizing. Moving and messing with them can screw them up and cause premature pins.

You can loose the attitude here.  Gourmet  forum is very friendly and willing to help .

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms