Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Out of Body.....experienced?
    #2604238 - 04/26/04 12:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ok....I was searching this forum for OoBE's.....and I saw the post recently for Astral Projection. I decided to start a new post with my new experience, since the other post is extremely long, and there is a lot of debating somewhere in the middle......anyway...here is my story...

Sunday morning (just this weekend) I woke up in my bed. I was laying on my side staring at the wall. I felt heavy so I tried moving my arms. I then realized I could not move at all. I was not scared but really confused. I though that I was awake but my limbs were still asleep and it would just take a few moments to be able to move. So after laying there for a about 20 seconds, and giving my arms another try, I thought maybe something was wrong with me. My thoughts were clear ( although I was confused - if that makes any sense). The rooms seemed a different color than usual (this is an important detail I believe - read on). I closed my eyes and decided to forget about it and that nothing was wrong, and when I wake again my arms should be fine. I closed my eyes and fell back asleep. I woke up again, but the same thing happen. I must have had my eyes closed for less than a minute. This time everything was the same except something was moving under my covers. I got freaked out, but at the same time, whatever it was seemed to be friendly. And although it may sound sexual......in a way it was. I started to believe a female being was in the bed next to me. And the more I thought about it the more I could feel 'it' rubbing against my arm. But since the cover was over top of this area of the bed, I did not really know what this thing was. Since I could not move my body, the only way I could stop this from happening was to close my eyes. So again, I fell asleep. I woke up a few seconds later. Again I could not move. I was staring at the wall and a crystal-like structure began to grow on the wall. It only covered a small area, but I could control the size of it by how much attention I gave to it.
This was the last thing I remember of the experience. It was not until I woke up completely in the morning at pondered over it that I realized what possibly happened. I suppose this was the beginning of an out of body, but I didnt realize it, so I was unable to do anything exciting with it.
The reason why I think it was is because of another experience i had 4 years ago........

I was at my friends house, and it was in the middle of the day. I was resting on the couch while she was in another room cleaning up or something. I fell asleep. I woke up at what seemed to be a half-hour later. The room seemed a little strange. I heard this faint music that was eerie but soothing. It was like a haunted acoustic guitar sound with a vocal sort of like Tool. I know....im strange. The color of the lighting seemed different. It was dimmer than before. Outside it seemed to be dark (when I fell asleep it was the middle of the day). I felt heavy on the couch. I think the door in the room was either moved to a different location or it felt that way. I closed my eyes again and didnt think anything of it. I woke up again in a fe moments. It was the same thing again. But this time I realized that I could not move my arms. I looked at the wall, and again I saw the crystal like structure forming on the wall. It seemed as though I could make it grow, and it was become some sort of portal. But I was too scared to find out what would happen. Basically this happened about 4 times within a couple of minutes. But I went between this state, a sleeping state, and being awake repeatedly. It was confusing, so I did not know what was going on and was unable to take advantage of this alternate state.

But like I said, these experiences shared a couple things. Both were dimly lit rooms and I saw the same type of structure growing on the walls. I had this strange feeling though, like I could see from different locations, not just from my eyes. Because although I could see, it felt as though my eyes were closed. But I was afraid to try.

So.....what are your opinions?
(i wrote too much, so i dont feel like proofreading...hope it makes sense)  :tongue2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Out of Body.....experienced? [Re: GreyMatter]
    #2604828 - 04/26/04 03:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I can relate highly to what you're talking about.
I've had sleep paralysis experiences for about 8 years. They don't happen often, they come in cycles every few months where maybe a few nights in a row i will have them. But a year could go by where i don't have one.
Your experiences seem to be more tranquil than mine. My first one started with me doing a triple barrel roll out of my bed onto the floor....and then doing a triple barrel roll in th eopposite direction back into my bed. I rolled out of and back into my bed violently a few more times, then realized it was just a "dream" and attempted to get up out of bed. At that moment i realized I CAN'T MOVE and I was terrified.
Like you explained, my room looked like basically like my room, but everything was slightly off: the geometry, colors and textures were all a bit wrong. As i tried to fight through this paralysis, this shroud i felt was surrounding me, i began to feel like my entire being was vibrating at a rate the accelerated the more i tried to resist. Then, i woke and everything resumed its normal appearance.

Fast forward 8 years or so. Just last week i had one of these sleep experiences, but they have evolved. Now they are more integrated into my dreams and i notice that if i sleep on my back (which i usually don't do) or if i eat a lot of meat really late or if i am anticipating something the next day, there is a greater chance of this happening. Last week when it happened, i came to the awareness in my dream that i was lucid. This happened after i walked into my 5th grade gymnasium but students from my high school were all sitting in a circle on the floor and i went up to one of them and willed her to straddle me in some sort of tantric position and i began making out with her. Sleazy, i know, but hey. Then i was outside and i started spinning and i shot right up into the sky and i could see stars in every direction and i became overwhelmed with the physical sensation of spinning and flying through the air.
Then i flashed back into awareness of my sleeping body and i was overwhelmed with the same physical sensations. Sometimes when this happens it is terrifying and i scream in the hope that someone will hear me and wake me up. I am never sure if my screaming is audible, it feels like i am screaming though. Then i usually get pulled back into my dream and lately these mystical dream experiences have cycled back and forth between and awareness that i am sleeping, and thinking that the dream is my waking reality.

Have you ever sleep-walked or tried to pee in the toilet in your sleep but really you were peeing in the refrigerator or something? I ask because i have and i think this is a big reason why i am sometimes terror stricken when i have these experiences. For instance, i may dream that i'm driving and i can feel the physical sensations of speed and momentum, but then i will become unsure if i am dreaming or if i am sleep-driving or something and i will try to scream so that someone will wake me to keep me from harming myself.

I still have the basic sleep paralysis once and awhile, and i am learning not to be alarmed by them. Usually these experiences are accompanieed by very powerful sensations, like i am being pulled toward the foot of my bed, or extreme dizziness or something. I cherish these free mystical experiences and i think that if there is such a thing as "OBE" this is a definite gateway to it. I think the key is surrenduring to the sensations. I have also felt a 'presence' around me at times during paralysis and i felt like it was some being controlling my astral body or something. It seems that this crystal matrix that you see growing in your experiences is something that you should focus on. I think that focus on any imagery in the pseudo-awake environment accompanied with surrender to any physical sensation is the key to progressing with this stuff. But i'm sure that's also completely subjective.

As a side note, all these experiences started happening after i had been taking 5-HTP for a few weeks back in 9th grade

OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Re: Out of Body.....experienced? [Re: Viveka]
    #2605824 - 04/27/04 11:10 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Wow. Thank you for the response. I was hoping for a response like that.
Let's see....first, I know I have done things like sleep-walk and pee-ing somewhere I shouldnt...haha....of course, the last time that happened, I was really really drunk and I woke up thinking my brother's playstation was a toilet....he didnt like that.
But I did not sleep-walk for some time now. Unless I have and no one saw me and told me.

I guess I should also say that I have crazy weird dreams. I dont really remember them anymore. But I remember flashes. And the messed up thing is that the feeling is always the same. You know how a dream and just leave a certain feeling that you cant explain. And its a strange feeling and you rarely have ever felt. Maybe not even in this life. But you know the feeling somehow. Well, I use to get those, but they were always a bit different. I feel like I must travel to the same place. Even though the actual surroundings always change, it is like the over-all place that I am in is the same. Sorry if that is confusing. But, I am getting tired of going there.

Speaking of tired...are you tired a lot? It is so hard for me to get up in the morning. It is a bit easier now because of my job....knowing that if I dont get up i'll be fired. I feel like I am doing so much (at least mentally) in my sleep that I dont really get any rest.

I like the idea of focuing on the crystal structure and use that as a catalyst. I waiting four years to experience that again and I got scared. I hope I will have the chance again soon.

Another thing is that whenever I try to practice astral projection ir OBE, I usually end up ruining my nights sleep. I cant really fall into a deep sleep, I keep waking up and have these strange dreams.

I will post more in a little bit. Back to work for now....thanks again.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2607512 - 04/27/04 07:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I definately relate to the sensation of revisiting the same terrain over and over again. It's similar to mushroom trips and how in each one I feel like i am returning 'home' in a sense and each time it becomes more familiar.

I think this terrain is the astral realm. In dreams, we are experienceing everything that occurs in our subconscious and because we are asleep and our brain waves are similar to those of a trance state we do not filter any of it so our mind lets us experience everything just as it streams into our consciousness. When we are awake, this same collective consciousness is always present in us but we process it through our filters of day to day living. This is why it feels so uncanilly familiar, because it's the same info that's always avaliable to us and swirling through our minds at some level, but in dreams it hits us full force with no discretion.

About being tired..........oh hell yes i have a hard time getting up in the morning. It is one area where i feel i really lack integrity because even if i know i have to be somewhere i do not want to get out of bed. I revel in the comfort of sleep and sometimes i feel betrayed when i know my dream experience is not going to parallel my waking life. My senior year in HS i became almost narcoleptic, but this was because i smoked kind bud 15x a day and drank heavily every night so i don't know if that really counts.

Strangely, i actually feel like the sleep that is most refreshing is when i am having full on dreams and such. I've read that dreams occur when seratonin is being produced in the brain so this actually makes sense to me. But i've also had nights where i was so caught up in dream sensations tha ti couldn't get a solid hour of decent sleep so it goes both ways. Glad i could relate to you on this stuff, man. I dig talking about the bedroom variety mystical experience with others who have had similar things happen.

Anonymous

#2609021 - 04/27/04 11:53 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

thats the beginning of an out of body for sure. keep your eyes closed when this happens and think about floating out, you will begin to float out man, it feels awesome. when yu get about 10-15 feet away from your body, your vision will begin to fade in, and you will be able to see.

be calm, and think of how nice it would be to float

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology