Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
The Code Conspiracy / Bible Code
    #2603642 - 04/26/04 03:08 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

About a year ago I read a book called the bible code. I'm sure some of you have heard of it, perhaps read it yourselves. Yesterday I watched a movie called 'The Code Conspiracy', which was based on the idea of the bible code. The movie focuses more on 'keyless encription' which is basically how the bible code works. I didn't understand this while reading the book, but seeing it described in a motion picture helped me understand more how it worked. In encription, there needs to be a key in order to find something in the encrypted text. The bible code would say things like "Kennedy, 19xx, Assination", all intertwined in the torah in 2d and 3d arrays... the whole keyless encryption makes sense in that if you know what you're looking for, in this example 'Kennedy, 19xx, assassination', you can use that as your key, and you'll crack the encryption, but without knowing the event, date, and detail, you can't find the event at all.

For those of you who haven't heard of the bible code, I'll break it down. Basically there's the original torah, which is something like the first 5 chapters of the old testament (is there only 5?). Religious people from all over have been preserving the torah LETTER FOR LETTER since it was written waaaay back when.. it's the only piece of religious material (by my knowledge) that even says in it to keep it in it's original form. Basically, if you just throw the entire torah into one big string, letter for letter, then search through that string in 2d and 3d arrays like a crossword puzzle, you'll find intersecting events in history. The thing is, any major event in history can be found according to the people who study the code - anyting from Lincolns assassination, to the september 11th attacks..

If you pull up "bible code" on google you get a whole bunch of sites saying how "If you were take the book 'war and peace' and perform the same algorhytm on it, you'd get the same results" - there are SEVERAL sites that refer to the war and peace book - so after seeing the movie and realising the effects of having something that could essentially tell the future, wouldn't it make sense that the government would either A) create these websites referring to war and peace to instil doubt into those researching the bible code, and B) possibly WRITE war and peace, designed to be able to pull up enough examples of historical events to prove an argument towards the torah encoding?

It's all conspiracy theory, but there's too many references to War and Peace for me to just shrug it off.. Mention some other books - test it with a dictionary, but ONE book with similar results just isn't good enough for my suspicions...

Some links with some info...
- Torah Codes
- Bible Code Digest
- Bible code and hidden messages

I'm interested to see what Sclorch has to say on this one..

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: The Code Conspiracy / Bible Code [Re: nubious]
    #2603773 - 04/26/04 05:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

In all honesty and I am open to many things, but I think the bible code is BS, they have use the same software on other books, like Moby Dick, telephone book etc, and they were able to decode similar things.
Sorry.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2603911 - 04/26/04 06:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

> For those of you who haven't heard of the bible code,

*laugh*  For those of you who haven't heard of the bible code, do a search on these forums and see how much it has been talked about.  :grin:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: The Code Conspiracy / Bible Code [Re: LOBO]
    #2604240 - 04/26/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Bible code is BS. Same things have been done with tons of books.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: The Code Conspiracy / Bible Code [Re: baraka]
    #2605064 - 04/26/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

One of the codes they found in "moby dick" was quite amusing. Predicted some insignificant politicans assassination from an ice pick if i remember correctly.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2605625 - 04/26/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If you pull up "bible code" on google you get a whole bunch of sites saying how "If you were take the book 'war and peace' and perform the same algorhytm on it, you'd get the same results" - there are SEVERAL sites that refer to the war and peace book - so after seeing the movie and realising the effects of having something that could essentially tell the future, wouldn't it make sense that the government would either A) create these websites referring to war and peace to instil doubt into those researching the bible code, and B) possibly WRITE war and peace, designed to be able to pull up enough examples of historical events to prove an argument towards the torah encoding?

The book, 'War and Peace' is brought out ALL THE TIME- not just for THIS subject. It is a LARGE book and is very convenient when an argument requiring a big book arises. Reserve your suspicion for another day, my friend.

Books are made of words, and words are made of letters, and letters are easily converted to numbers. Any book can be made to say anything you want. Just discard the misses, and print the hits. With a book that large, you are bound to see what you want to see!

Let the truth come looking for you, don't go looking for it.

Look for your truths in the life you see unfolding before you day by day.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order