Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
mind explosion
    #2603767 - 04/26/04 07:29 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I took 5 grams today and had an experience that was more intense than anything in my life. I became utterly convinced that we were in heaven and came to believe that 'nothing bad has or will ever happen and anything is possible' anyways what was so bizarre is that as well as convincing two sober friends that these were true, we then saw a large number of what i can only call mutual hallucinations, bizarre experiences that other people saw at the same time as me, but they were not on any drugs.

Some of these things were totally nuts, and this is not the first time ive experienced these kinds of things...

has anyone else had these kind of experiences? like things that defy all logic and sometimes the apparent laws of physics, or vivid hallucinations that are shared by others, or almost unbelievable synchronicity or 'meaningfull coincidence' when on psychadelics?

sorry this is so sketchily described, it is now 5:30 AM and my mind is still reeling...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlan Stone

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: mind explosion [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2603785 - 04/26/04 07:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Mutual hallucinations: yeah.
Shared with sober people? I don't think so.
Nothing bad will happen: depends on the ego asessing the situation.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Loc: NY
    #2603819 - 04/26/04 08:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The first time I did shrooms, me and my buddy (we have never done before any psychedelic before and we had no idea what we were doing) thought we have died and were living as spirits (crazy night) we shared visions but we were both on shrooms.
That?s why for the first time is so important to have a sitter with you (which we did not), the change in consciousness were so novel and different that I really thought I had died, plus we had like close to 10 g each (very stupid) I was seeing 3d open eyes visions, and the visions will stay there even if I open and close my eyes it was truly insane, I was never the same person after that experience.
(plus I was very lucky that nothing went wrong, but it could have been a catastrophe) So please don?t do what I did.

Re: mind explosion [Re: LOBO]
    #2604150 - 04/26/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i was fully convinced that some kind of dimensional shift had occured and that we had all enterd heaven... this was reinforced by a whole pile of happy sychronicities. i became convinced that all people were one, and that all people were god, specifically me.
I had the strong idea that 'my only problem is convincing people that there is no problem' ...

than i became convinced that i was entering nirvana, a state where nothing and everything happens. I felt that the world was becoming increasingly more simple and more pleasant, and that all sounds, sights and smells would slowly fade into a single orgasmic eternity...

I basically thought that history, or the perpetual illusion of time, was slowly winding down around me, and that soon no new history would occur. I felt sad because all my dreams and plans would not be realized, but also glad that the illusion of suffering was coming to an end.

Visual and auditory hallucinations were extreme, and closed eye ones were just as intense. Kaleidoscopic patterns, geometric and organic, composed of opening hands and shrugging winds. I saw my cat turn into a pulsating phallic ball of fur, and then i saw my sheets turn into flowing cats.. the pictures and posters on my wall became increasingly synthesized, so that they started running into one another.
At times everything in the room seemed to become copulating amorphous figures.

I became convinced that all external personalities, including my father and mother, and my cat, were just aspects of my own mind, and that as time passed they would be reabsorbed into me and then all of us together would pass into an egoless, unified and eternal mind.

im glad my sanity is finally coming back, but i still have alot of confusion. For example i know that a number of things that happend at the time and seemed so bizarre were seen by both me and my sober friend, which defies explanation.

Anyways just trying to sort out last night in my own head...
wrote my last exam today so now i have a week off to mull things over..

Ack when i was on my 'i am god' trip i grabbed my friends light and smashed it, to prove some metaphysical point that i no longer remember... now i feel like a total jackass...

on the plus side i got my friend, who has mostly been wasting his life in stagnant apathy, into the works of LAO TZU my favourite philosopher, and got him thinking about some deep stuff.

ANyways i hope hes not pissed off about me tearing his light up...

Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2604621 - 04/26/04 02:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The reason for mutual hallucinations may be in part because, if you are of near the same mindset, the set and setting play take a huge place and the trip will be similar between two people

If you two were in two different rooms with near the same mindset, one room with jungle paintings and fake jungle plants all around and the other with odd sculptures and Salvador Dali paintings, it's highly doubtful you would experience the mutual hallucinations. So it is with set and setting

There may have also been other factors, such as talking among each other, as talking about the trip definitely will influence the trip in my experience.

So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #2615732 - 04/29/04 12:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I once tripped and had a long conversation with a Mexican guy who was speaking Spanish. I was speaking English. We both understood everything the other was saying. Or else we were just in perfect agreement for a few hours. Life's a trip. That's what acid taught me. Acid just brought it out.

...or something

Loc: Pandurn
    #2616295 - 04/29/04 03:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting thread! :thumbup:

I'm about due for another trip... my last one was just insane. You pretty much summed it up exactly in your second post, Pharmakos. :wink:

It'd be nice and easy to say it is all just the drugs, but it isn't the case... the drugs are temporarily removing mental boundaries that cut us off from the Experience. Our day-to-day tends to see our focus totally fragmented... more so than it really needs to be.

I don't think we should completely remove these boundaries from our mind, because they are there for a reason, for being able to put our focus towards singular things... we wouldn't even know what the hell was going on when we experience these states while on psychadelics in the first place if we didn't have these boundaries that allowed us to focus and learn.

But I DO think that we should gain the ability to seperate or embrace the Experience, in different gradients, based on what the moment needs of us. It is all about taking our mind back as our own, really, and living the lives we were meant to live. :laugh:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Peace. :mushroom2:

If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: mind explosion [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2617345 - 04/29/04 06:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i used to be able to force sober poeple to see hallucinations while tripping, even conceptual hallucinations. then i realised that i'm a bad person and i shouldn't be doing that.

however, if you're trying to figure out the mechanics of your experiance i suggest reading up on telepathic suggestion/energy manipulation.
also the whole morphogenic fields idea.

You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology