Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: Thermal Visions] * 1
    #26035013 - 06/05/19 05:56 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Thermal Visions said:
Baby in the microwave is worst case scenario

I forgot, mushrooms are safe when they are illegal. It's only decriminalization that makes them dangerous.

It's this kind of logic that's allowed the drug war to continue for this long.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26035021 - 06/05/19 06:01 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly. And that's the "logic" the media and government use.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: jellyfish]
    #26035023 - 06/05/19 06:02 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jellyfish said:
Magic mushrooms will never be a giant industry, it's not normal to do them every day or even every month.

By the same token, because of this there will be far fewer stories for the media to exploit...mushrooms will have an easier time having their bad PR events remain unnoticed.

Also, I think this means mushrooms and those who use them as medicine will have an easier time gaining sympathy from the public.

No one is going to accuse those who use mushrooms occasionally for depression of "just wanting to get high all the time"...and more and more people who don't fit the hippie/stoner mold, will stand up for them, sharing their experiences and positive results.

I truly believe mushrooms and psychedelics in general will have a far easier time getting the public accept them as medicine, and not view them as drugs of abuse and their proponents as hedonistic drug abusers once the ball gets rolling...especially as more and more people turn to them for their own mental health issues.

Edited by Holybullshit (06/06/19 11:05 AM)

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26035030 - 06/05/19 06:04 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jellyfish said:
Exactly. And that's the "logic" the media and government use.

Well, I understand being skeptical that the movement can maintain momentum...but we were no better off having them remain illegal forever.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
    #26035038 - 06/05/19 06:06 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

There will be a period of re adjustment when any drug becomes legalized

But that doesn't mean we should keep them illegal to avoid the readjustment period

Many if not most of them ought to be legal

Invisiblejellyfish

#26035041 - 06/05/19 06:07 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Yea I agree this is good. But imagine now if you were to take 20 grams and be hospitalized. It wouldn't be in the news. Not interesting enough. Imagine if you did this the day it was decriminalized. Suddenly there's a story you can spin, "new legislation already proving harmful" or some shit. The reason the media was so quick to switch sides on cannabis was because they are all invested in the companies researching it. They are also invested in big pharma. Who makes a killing off of mass prescription of SSRIs based on the broken logic that increased serotonin=less depressed while hoping nobody notices the big sticker on the bottle that says they increase suicidal ideation. They might not be so happy about lifting the mushroom ban. And the "impartial journalists" who insult the president every two seconds and can't form a sentence without reminding you of their political views, may be encouraged to present things from a certain angle.

Or not. Like I said I'm just tossing out ideas.

edit: I am in no way saying I want them to remain banned. I want this to go as smoothly as possible. One of, if not the most, life changing event I've experienced was a criminal act and I think that's ridiculous.

Edited by jellyfish (06/05/19 06:09 PM)

InvisibleThermal Visions
    #26035071 - 06/05/19 06:21 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

:ooo:

Edited by Thermal Visions (06/05/19 08:55 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: Thermal Visions]
    #26035162 - 06/05/19 07:10 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I've been pretty whacked from whatever and / or nothing and only datura would cause someone to nume a baby in a microwave.

Then again some people know what they are doing and do that stuff.  I recall an inner city black person in the media who bbq'd a baby.  :freshwtf:

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

InvisibleThermal Visions
Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: Morel Guy]
    #26035184 - 06/05/19 07:22 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Thermal Visions (06/05/19 08:55 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: Thermal Visions]
    #26035211 - 06/05/19 07:39 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Right wingers are simple minded.  They think a tiny piece is the whole.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #26035215 - 06/05/19 07:42 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

A good headline would be “child ingests parents shroom chocolates”... they’d have a field day with one of those classic save the babies scenarios.  It’s really just a matter of whether people will be responsible or not.. either option is a possibility..

You don’t see shrooms in the news in a bad light often at all and they are around so I think as a whole we’re fine, it’s just that oddball idiot that’s always ruining shit no matter what it is they’re ruining..

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: Amanita86]
    #26035225 - 06/05/19 07:47 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Mmmmeh.  The first us car accident was the first two cars in a city.

--------------------

InvisibleThermal Visions
    #26035228 - 06/05/19 07:50 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Thermal Visions (06/05/19 08:54 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26035231 - 06/05/19 07:51 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

As well as why did peyote get banned?  Probably because white people have religious delusions.  You might think you know yourself when life is simple.  These are not boring lifeforms.

It's a power I doubt society won't have issues with.  Society lacks a great deal of wisdom, even on a professional level.

--------------------

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: Morel Guy] * 2
    #26035297 - 06/05/19 08:57 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Right wingers are simple minded.  They think a tiny piece is the whole.

Not all people who are right of center are idiots. Don't really see why people with different political views have to insult the intelligence of the other side and just name call. I bet I'd agree with you on a lot and if I disagree and you present a good argument I'll change my mind.

Edited by jellyfish (06/05/19 11:46 PM)

Offlinesk8fast
Tripping skater
 User Gallery

Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: WeebleWobble]
    #26035315 - 06/05/19 09:12 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

THIS WAS NOT A BALLOT INITIATIVE. this was a city council vote people in city council of a GOVERNMENT voted this in. this is the most amazing thing about this story. The old reefer madness propaganda generation is dying!! people that are getting into government now have any answer in they're pocket now. "ok google" have mushrooms or lsd ever killed anyone? one person died from direct effect of injecting 350000mcg of lsd. no one else has! ayahuasca I'm afraid of people not researching maoi diet or mix pharmaceuticals the news might not report a death for a psychedelic as caused by the other drug

Edited by sk8fast (06/05/19 09:16 PM)

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: sk8fast]
    #26035322 - 06/05/19 09:15 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sk8fast said:
THIS WAS NOT A BALLOT INITIATIVE. this was a city council vote people in city council of a GOVERNMENT voted this in. this is the most amazing thing about this story. The old reefer madness propaganda generation is dying people that are getting into government now have any answer in they're pocket now. "ok google" has mushrooms or lsd ever killed anyone? one person died from direct effect of injecting 350000mcg of lsd. no one else has ayahuasca I'm afraid of people not researching maoi diet or mix pharmaceuticals the news migh not report a death for a psychedelic as caused by the other drug

Yea good point. The younger people have much different views. Which is weird because the boomers had the whole sixties thing where tripping was super popular.

Edited by jellyfish (06/05/19 09:19 PM)

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
    #26035604 - 06/06/19 01:35 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Congratulations Oakland! :cheers: :hippie:

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #26035692 - 06/06/19 04:36 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jellyfish said:
Yea good point. The younger people have much different views. Which is weird because the boomers had the whole sixties thing where tripping was super popular.

I think it takes awhile for the reins to be handed over.  Those hippy types weren’t really getting into government and then when any were it’s real important you say the right thing to fit in.  You can’t go in there saying wild shit and expect to succeed.  Plus the boomer generation “as a whole” weren’t anywhere near what you have running around now.  All that stuff is tightly controlled.

You know what I’m saying?  In that govt scene there’s a lot of ‘bringing in your own’ and for the most part I don’t think “the people” were even real receptive.  Growing up when I mentioned psyches I was heavily the oddball...  and I’m not that old.  Now the boomers are dieing off and thanks to the kick ass work of the people behind things like the marijuana movement, it’s slowly starting to get ‘newsworthy popular’...  the whole Nixon way is finally getting far enough behind us that everyone with that mental is starting to fade away.

It feels right on time with old ways getting farther away behind us and a newer generation who didn’t get blinded by that mentality are starting to call the shots without threat of people with that mentality..  govt is controlled like a mufuka..  the internet, some aspects of it, is probably right near the top in the list of best things that have ever happened.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Oakland becomes 2nd US city to legalize magic mushrooms [Re: Amanita86]
    #26035756 - 06/06/19 05:47 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Yea the internet is definetely one of the best things that's ever happened. Connecting people. Allowing the spread of information. It's sad governments are working on kill switches. Whole countries can be shut off. Constant wikipedia edits from big corporations and governments. Google blocking search results. It was leaked they rigged the autofill for search terms during the last american election to mask negative searches for one candidate and positive for the other. Anything the government badly hates is usually good for us. And anything they love (war) is usually terrible.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale