Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedodrugskids
Stranger
My noob tek (looking for ways to improve my ways)
    #26028207 - 06/02/19 06:10 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Hello everyone, i am quite a novice at growing mushrooms and i wanted to show you how i do it. And then get some critique and advice to improve my ways.

Getting started

https://imgur.com/1gE9IZK

I use 1L grow boxes filled with
600ml vermiculite
300ml brown rice flour
300ml water
and a thin layer of dry vermiculite on top.

Then i prepare them for the pressure cooker by putting 2 layers of aluminium foil on top and leaving 1 side of the lid a bit open (otherwise the boxes get deformed by the vacuum of the cooker).
then i put them for 90 minutes in the pressure cooker.
When i open the cooker i press down on the side of the lid that was open immediately before i remove the aluminium foil.

Inoculation

I prefer the use of store bought spore syringes because they give me the best chance of success.
I heat up the spore syringe before every injection with a storm lighter till it's red hot and then leave to cool it for 10 seconds. Then i proc ceed to inject it between the micro filter and the plastic because it's the easiest to penetrate and if you do it in the plastic it self there is a chance it's going to crack. Then i cover up the injection site with a piece of tape.

https://imgur.com/m0gURld

Growing The mycelium

i have a terrarium above on a draw wer that uses a heating mat for my boa constrictor but the war mt of the heating mat also goes down to the drawers where i store my containers while the mycelium grows
i can store up to 12 containers in total this way

https://imgur.com/xof2cGI
After the mycelium has developed it is time to put them in fruiting conditions !

I put them in these plastic grow bags that have micro filters
https://imgur.com/2OuW7R1

And then all i need to do is wait till i get dem shrooms

:grin::mushroom2:

Edited by dodrugskids (06/02/19 08:22 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineUncleHoyphae
Curious noob
I'm a teapot

Loc: Vietnam Flag
Re: My noob tek (looking for ways to improve my ways) [Re: dodrugskids]
    #26028252 - 06/02/19 07:49 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I do this sometimes but with straight whole brown rice. I use microwaveable plastic containers a lot actually and they work fine. If it works for you, keep on doing it.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation