Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRetto
Stranger

Horses and farming with Horses
    #26015913 - 05/27/19 10:15 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I am an old horse person with 40 years as a breeder, driver, rider and foaling tech. College as well as experience. Any body interested in or have questions about farming with or care of horses I would be happy to help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAntigov
Male

Loc: Deep within the BibleBelt Flag
Re: Horses and farming with Horses [Re: Retto]
    #26016680 - 05/27/19 04:40 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

It’s good to see a fellow equestrian in the group. I’m semi retired farrier.

--------------------

OfflineJewstress
Momma
I'm a teapot

Loc: everywhere.
Re: Horses and farming with Horses [Re: Antigov]
    #26017733 - 05/28/19 07:27 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Do you have a farm I can live on with my camper and exchange work for knowledge? Like everything in your brain.

Preferably anything with ranching, wrangling, and using horses like the Amish do.

--------------------

😇

InvisibleAntigov
Male

Loc: Deep within the BibleBelt Flag
Re: Horses and farming with Horses [Re: Jewstress]
    #26018603 - 05/28/19 02:55 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

My father is looking for somebody, but I would not want to put that hell on anybody. I’m just sticking with him long enough to get his mules ready for the sale and I am done. Never go into business with family or friends.  My wife and I bought almost 5 acres last year to break away from the family and start my our own thing. Back in 2016, we lived in town, had an house on an acre lot and had a urban homestead going. The town was always up our ass and my bees were the last straw. We sold everything, the brick house, the nice truck and pretty much settled all of our debt. I quit my crazy job and went back to shoeing horses again. I work for cash only. Her 2 kids are about grown, so we are going to buy either a camper or single wide trailer and live debt free from under the “man”. My plan is to try to grow as much food as I can with animal power. I grew up on the farm and I’m eager to get back to my roots.

I say all of this because I think you’re on the right track. If you have your own camper trailer, I would check out some of the homesteading groups or tiny house groups on social media. You may be able to trade lot rent for work or internship.  Learn what you can, save some money up and buy your own land. You don’t have to own a hundred acres. 3 to 5  acres will do. Keep in mind the more land you own more problems can occur, such as up keep and taxes. I wish I was working towards these goals when I was your age instead of the rat race and debt.

--------------------

OfflineJewstress
Momma
I'm a teapot

Loc: everywhere.
Re: Horses and farming with Horses [Re: Antigov] * 1
    #26020498 - 05/29/19 01:18 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I learned the hard way. I did the urban thing too with a douchebag of a guy, had two kids, but he was not supportive at all and I had to claim bankruptcy.

I’m still suffering the repercussions but it has allowed me to think outside the box. Right now I use my elite membership with thousand trails and go campgrounds to campground because I enjoy traveling but I am SO ready to plant my ass on like 5 acres and give my girls the horses they are asking for and growing my own food.

Hopefully I find cheap land deep in the blue ridge mountains where no one can find me too.

If you wanna travel def look into the thousand trails package my friend, for around 6,000 bucks + 700 annual dues I can stay at any TT campground in the nation. The 6,000 is. Alone time thing and they can finance (at an insane interest rate) but I pay 180 right now for all hook ups, 21 days campground to campground.

My girls love there is always a pool, mini golf, playgrounds. Totally worth it.

--------------------

😇

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom