Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedmurph
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: bay area california
P.C. Volcano
    #26016125 - 05/27/19 01:58 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I recently put 2 spores to agar Golden teacher and P.C. Volcano and placed them in a home made storage tote incubator. the GT is doin great but I got nothing from the Volcano even though the syringe was loaded with spores. does anyone have experience with this strain? my box is currently set to 80 degrees

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: P.C. Volcano [Re: dmurph]
    #26016134 - 05/27/19 02:02 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

68-72F is good. No need to incubate if room temp is above 65

As for strains

Any two spores that mate, make a strain.
If you grow from spores you have 1000s of strains in a single grow.
Some good some bad you will always get average unpredictable results from spores.
Spores don't know they have a name on their syringe. You could mix every variety together and there would be no competition because all the spores know is that they're cubensis and can mate with other cubes.

You can't buy a spore syringe for potency.
A spore syringe from me is just as good as one you can make yourself.
Potency is 100% related to your own skill doing culture work or pure luck.

Anything but spores of actives are illegal. So we cannot trade out cultures. If active mushrooms were legal they actually would sell strains. Vendors call varieties(names on a syringe) strains as a marketing strategy aimed at people who don't do any research first.

Spores don't know their variety. Any Psilocybe cubensis spore will mate with any other Psilocybe cubensis spore that has a compatible mating type.

When you grow from spores any two spores that successfully mate create a strain

A strain is not the same as a variety

When you grow from spores you have 100s if not 1000s of strains working together as a single organism.
You may choose any variety of psilocybe cubensis. Some strains will be weak some strong. When you grow from spores you get a mixed bag. If you have a B+ or GT syringe you could do 10 different grows and each would have different results.

If you want to get uniform results with consistent potency you need to keep good strains around by cloning or isolating and using agar. Spores will give you basically random results regardless of the variety you choose.

Your volcano spores might be a little older for example

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation