Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: justinkl74]
    #20512087 - 09/02/14 09:37 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Dude, what the ever-loving fuck? This thread is ten years old!

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineclark33
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: Delyrium]
    #23112232 - 04/13/16 01:16 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: clark33]
    #23112318 - 04/13/16 02:37 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

:facepalm:

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #23112622 - 04/13/16 07:39 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

The seal cull started on Sunday :frown: .  As you're reading this an adorable little seal is getting smashed in the head, maybe to get skinned alive as about a quarter ov them are.  All this for a dying industry in which the taxpayers pay more to support than what the fishermen get in return. 

I could go on and on but it saddens me too much.  Seals are sacred to me, but i think that everyone should care that these amazing animals are viciously slaughtered just to sell fashion products and omega 3 oil in a limited market. 

Please boycott seafood from Canada and Norway until the end ov this atrocity.

--------------------

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
    #23112627 - 04/13/16 07:41 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
:facepalm:

it's fun adding people to the ignore list :awesome:

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: lavod] * 1
    #23112824 - 04/13/16 09:25 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
The seal cull started on Sunday :frown: .  As you're reading this an adorable little seal is getting smashed in the head, maybe to get skinned alive as about a quarter ov them are.  All this for a dying industry

you mean the fur industry?

it's doing quite well actually

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-03-04/fur-industry-thriving-despite-campaigns/1061636

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23113214 - 04/13/16 12:00 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

nah, the anti seal hunt folks have definitely had their impact on the market for seal fur products

say what you want about the commercial hunt, the collateral damage done to remote inuit communities by inhibiting an attempt to fuse traditional cultural practices with a modern economy isn't exceptable and generally shows how removed these folks are from the reality of the situation

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2016/02/01/canadian-government-supports-inuit-seal-hunt/

--------------------

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: lavod]
    #23115517 - 04/14/16 12:26 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
The seal cull started on Sunday :frown: .  As you're reading this an adorable little seal is getting smashed in the head, maybe to get skinned alive as about a quarter ov them are.  All this for a dying industry in which the taxpayers pay more to support than what the fishermen get in return. 

I could go on and on but it saddens me too much.  Seals are sacred to me, but i think that everyone should care that these amazing animals are viciously slaughtered just to sell fashion products and omega 3 oil in a limited market. 

Please boycott seafood from Canada and Norway until the end ov this atrocity.

LOL boycott seafood. There won't be any fish to eat if the seals are allowed to just keep breeding. Seals will need to be culled even if there is no industry.
How is this different than leather? Besides seals are cuter than cows? I don't think we should base policy on animals being cute or "sacred". People opposed to the seal hunt are ignorant

R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: my3rdeye]
    #23115533 - 04/14/16 12:36 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:

Offlinedruqs
ALKALOIDOHOLIC
 User Gallery

#23115595 - 04/14/16 01:11 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

seal clubber:

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: my3rdeye]
    #23116194 - 04/14/16 07:37 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:

LOL boycott seafood. There won't be any fish to eat if the seals are allowed to just keep breeding. Seals will need to be culled even if there is no industry.
How is this different than leather? Besides seals are cuter than cows? I don't think we should base policy on animals being cute or "sacred". People opposed to the seal hunt are ignorant

That's the stance taken by the ignorant Canadian fishermen, who make on average 4% ov their yearly income from the hunt, despite studies done by the Canadian government which have shown no dramatic alteration in the population ov various fish species despite the cull.  Seals play an integral part in the eco system and it's far more complicated than ' seals be eatin' all ma fish'.  What is the most commonly fished fish in harp seal territory?  Cod.  What percentage ov a harp seal's diet is cod?  3%.  Are other pinniped species a big concern in this regard?

Cows are bred for various products, seals are wild.  Do i have an extreme bias toward pinnipeds?  Definitely, but i know how brutal the cull is as well as the lies and deceit the Canadian government has used to support the atrocity.  It wont be long before harps seals are endangered if the cull continues.  Besides shitty humans and predators, they've been losing their floes at an high rate the last few years.

But i'm ignorant, right? I only think seals are cute and know nothing about the cull, right?

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: lavod]
    #23116532 - 04/14/16 10:25 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
Do i have an extreme bias toward pinnipeds?  Definitely, but i know how brutal the cull is as well as the lies and deceit the Canadian government has used to support the atrocity.  It wont be long before harps seals are endangered if the cull continues.  Besides shitty humans and predators, they've been losing their floes at an high rate the last few years.

But i'm ignorant, right? I only think seals are cute and know nothing about the cull, right?

what exactly are you opposed to?

is it inhumane killing methods? because peer reviewed studies have been released showing that the majority of the hunt occurs in an acceptable humane manner, while also stating that the small number not killed humanely justifies a continued attention to the industries activities by vetrinarian observers to esnure guidelines are followed--if you are opposed to seals being killed inhumanely, then perhaps focus your efforts on ensuring continual improvement in hunting methods rather than walking the path you currently do?

are you claiming the hunt is unsustainable? then what is your response to the fact that harp seal populations have tripled since the low point of the mid 1900's, in large part due to hunting management? if there is any threat to seal population, it is disappearing sea ice due to global warming, so if you are so concerned about the welfare of seals than perhaps focus your attention towards preventing climate change rather than predation

or perhaps you are saying it is not economically important? if so, you have obviously never been to depressed communities in newfoundland or across the canadian north

so, i'm not saying you are ignorant, but i'm trying to understand what exactly you are opposed to; because it seems to me you are just opposed to seals, an animal you consider yourself to have a spiritual connection with, being killed regardless of the circumstances

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: trendal]
    #23116812 - 04/14/16 12:08 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
It's terrible, yes...

But I think you should be worried about what your government is doing, first:

fair enough, i think this is a true statement. but still OP is also still correct. Canada has like free reign to do shit that they said they wouldn't do, outlawed and banned,and the international community shits all over us for it, and we still do it? that's just stupid as all shit, and for what?

so i'm on the fence here. America - shit bombs away.

PS: thread is practically older than i am, in my mental years.

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: akira_akuma]
    #23116918 - 04/14/16 12:46 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
and the international community shits all over us for it, and we still do it? that's just stupid as all shit, and for what?

because, despite what some campaigners may have you believe, the seal hunt is no more intrinsically cruel than any other form of hunting, is an example of a sustainably managed wildlife population (not including climate change impact), and is a major cultural and economic benefit to depressed communities ranging across newfoundland and the canadian north

i encourage everyone to spend time living in one of the northern communities impacted by seal hunt product bans before casting your lot--it will change your opinion on the hunt, as it changed mine

ya'll wanna hear about truly unnecessary inhumane treatment of animals? The Rogue Agency: A USDA program that tortures dogs and kills endangered species

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #23116985 - 04/14/16 01:06 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

i don't give a fuck about cultural benefit. does the hunt provide food and warmth for the Inuits? that's not cultural benefits, that's survival.

otherwise, what impact does curbing their numbers have on the environment? or what does it provide economic benefit for in 'depressed communities'? how? seal meat? blubber? hunting jobs? i'm honestly curious, because it sounds utterly ridiculous; but i may as well try and understand what you mean by "economic benefit".

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: akira_akuma]
    #23117104 - 04/14/16 01:49 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

by economic benefit, i refer to how remote villages are able to generate an outside source of income thru the selling of seal products on the international market--this is significant not only as a source of employment in a region where unemployment is endemic (double that of the national rate), but also as a means of injecting outside dollars into the local economies

beyond this, the cultural context cannot be ignored--as it provides an opportunity for the inuit to encorporate traditional practices into their participation with the modern world--the inuit communities of northern canada have some of the highest rates of suicide and alcoholism in the world--broken cultures are the only remnant of the forced attempt to assimilate--a large part of the healing process will be to reach back to what was lost and rebuild a sense of community and value--the seal hunt strengthens remote communities both through the traditional festival of the hunt itself and the artistry and craftmanship shown through the seal products later created and sold

as for the line about culling seals to protect the fish population--i don't agree with this line of reasoning either

--------------------

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
    #23117156 - 04/14/16 02:04 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

what's with the constant uproar over seals? Pigs are notably smarter than seals, and suffer far more. Where's the outrage over that?

people kill lots of things for more tenuous reasons than these seals.

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Canada can go suck it! [Re: Ezuma]
    #23117192 - 04/14/16 02:15 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

seal pups are cute and the hunt happens out on the open sea ice--making for a particularly strong emotional reaction when one juxtaposes pictures of seal pups with images of bloody iceflows and clubs with hooks

--------------------

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
    #23117230 - 04/14/16 02:30 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
seal pups are cute and the hunt happens out on the open sea ice--making for a particularly strong emotional reaction when one juxtaposes pictures of seal pups with images of bloody iceflows and clubs with hooks

exactly. Its nonsense. God I hate media.

Offlineakira_akuma

#23117243 - 04/14/16 02:34 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
by economic benefit, i refer to how remote villages are able to generate an outside source of income thru the selling of seal products on the international market--this is significant not only as a source of employment in a region where unemployment is endemic (double that of the national rate), but also as a means of injecting outside dollars into the local economies

beyond this, the cultural context cannot be ignored--as it provides an opportunity for the inuit to encorporate traditional practices into their participation with the modern world--the inuit communities of northern canada have some of the highest rates of suicide and alcoholism in the world--broken cultures are the only remnant of the forced attempt to assimilate--a large part of the healing process will be to reach back to what was lost and rebuild a sense of community and value--the seal hunt strengthens remote communities both through the traditional festival of the hunt itself and the artistry and craftmanship shown through the seal products later created and sold

as for the line about culling seals to protect the fish population--i don't agree with this line of reasoning either

well, look, i hear you pretty much on all points. my point is thus however: the Inuits doing all this is not the same as some Royalty, or just some expedition of travellers, going over to club seals.

and on that note, none of that would help anyone else's culture and economy. but for Inuits, as i said earlier, it's a means of a survival. but not for just any one whom resides in Canada; it's not honor for them. in my opinion, then it's straddling the line between somekind of cumbersome appropriation, or some very tenuous cultural "hi-fiving" -- which, frankly, i can imagine plenty of Inuit being either ok with it, or perhaps just finding it totally idiotic.

Quote:

Ezuma said:
what's with the constant uproar over seals? Pigs are notably smarter than seals, and suffer far more. Where's the outrage over that?

people kill lots of things for more tenuous reasons than these seals.

pigs are a primary source of food.

no one farms baby seals, to my knowledge.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder