Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Rice drying out?
    #26008 - 07/29/00 11:08 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Patience young grasshopper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFun-Guy
journeyman
    #26010 - 07/29/00 03:14 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

the yellow it what happens when the mycelium comes in contact with moisture.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #26011 - 07/30/00 06:47 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, you guys were both not helpful.

let me clarify.

the rice is turning yellow.

NOT the mycellium.

Anonymous

#26012 - 07/30/00 08:10 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

perhaps it was in the sterilizing pot too long? 2 hours?

*shrugs*

just a thought. . . .

Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

#26013 - 07/30/00 08:31 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

I usually sterilize my jars in a pot for no more than 30 minutes. I think you cooked too long. Better luck next time. Hopefully your other jars will do good. The yellowing is because of the moisture (probably).

------------------
..... LEGALIZE .....
See my pictures here.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #26014 - 07/31/00 10:57 AM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I guess it's not necessary to sterilize for so long (I like to be thorough), just as long as the whole jar/substrate hits the critical temperature.

Yeah, it does just look like "caked" (dryed out) rice.

BTW, the jar is colonizing wonderfully. It's so thick that I want to eat the mycellium (but I won't).

One prob I found is I didn't use the right jar, it has shoulders, so I won't be able to slide it out of the jar. I'm going "old style" and trying to initiate fruiting within the jar.

I let it sit in incandescent light for about 1 hour 15 minutes, while near a bag of it (to cold shock it). I also took off the lid for a few seconds to air it out (there was NO smell of contamination!). Any tips on how to get the pinning process going faster for cubensis? I guess I should just be patient (so difficult).

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #26015 - 07/31/00 12:59 PM (23 years, 7 months ago)

Since I'm worried about this little jar being contaminated I sterilized my hands and a knife with isopropyl alcohol. Cut into it (my room has drafts now, and I figure it's fucked, but it's only a fucking 1/4 pint jar and I have another spore syringe). Anyway, I used the knife to pull out a big rice clump.

Some of the rice was so poorly ground that it was still intact!!!!!! The outside of the rice was yellow. Initially I thought this might be from too much heat for too long, but the inside of the rice was all white, is this mycellium?

BTW, I ate the peice I took out. lol. now I guess the jar is fucked though. Maybe I'll do some transplanting.

my question? do you think the rice was white inside because the mycellium permeated, then all the condensation on the jars made the rice look yellow?

I'll let you know if I die.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale