Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblestaytrippy420
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: mushboy]
    #26285898 - 10/29/19 08:51 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Phreed said:
Quote:

mushboy said:
from your journal...

Quote:

that jar and those shoes dont look to hot imo. whats that blobby lookin shit in this pic?

and i think thats trich myc. it has that weird white inner fluff dusted ice cream kinda look. may be wrong tho.

Not sure what that blobby thing is. It hasnt grown much or spread since it first appeared a few days ago.

20 bucks if you lick it.

The coir looks a little dark in the uncolonized spots? and the growth is splotchy but I think they will fruit. :shrug:

--------------------
Tek's I use

LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhreed
Long strange trip
I'm a teapot

Loc: Pangea
Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: mushboy]
    #26285903 - 10/29/19 08:52 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
bust out that iphone20 and snap a close up. i wanna see:popcorn:

Still not the greatest pic. My phone camera sucks!!

--------------------
Not all those who wander are lost. Patience, what’s that?

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: staytrippy420]
    #26285905 - 10/29/19 08:52 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

i hope so too. no mushrooms is a major drag:sad:

edit:

:whatthetrek:

Edited by mushboy (10/29/19 08:53 PM)

OfflineTankie_J
I like having fun
I'm a teapot

Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #26285917 - 10/29/19 08:56 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quick shout out to ChardRich for sending me this direction after I had some issues with my first round of shoeboxes.

It’s all about those surface conditions! I have learned so much. My first round of 7 shoeboxes had just as many side/bottom fruit as the surface. I had the sub at field capacity this seemed to be too moist. Harvesting was a pain so I only let them go 2 flushes.

This second round of 6 shoeboxes I went with Shapers SFF and holy smokes! Almost zero side/bottom pins. I read through all the comments and went with 20% less water and this seemed to be perfect with the cococoir (Grow!t brand) I used.

I couldn’t be happier with the results and can’t wait to use on different varieties. Not sure of the variety I have, small and lots of fruits with very low sporulation.

Pics

Thanks again for putting the time into this TEK. I followed the steps, read the comments and adjusted accordingly. Works like a charm.

Invisiblestaytrippy420
 User Gallery

Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: Tankie_J]
    #26285930 - 10/29/19 09:01 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Well done Tankie! thems are some nice looking boxes,
BUT you can fit a lot more than 6 in that space...

:douchewink:

--------------------
Tek's I use

LAGM2020

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #26285933 - 10/29/19 09:01 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

:creepylurker:

OfflineTankie_J
I like having fun
I'm a teapot

#26285949 - 10/29/19 09:11 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

staytrippy420 said:
Well done Tankie! thems are some nice looking boxes,
BUT you can fit a lot more than 6 in that space...

:douchewink:

Ahh dare to dream!

Invisiblestaytrippy420
 User Gallery

Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: Tankie_J] * 1
    #26285988 - 10/29/19 09:43 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Your un-known variety kinda looks like my un-known variety besides the pointy tops

--------------------
Tek's I use

LAGM2020

OfflineChardRich
chardzard
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Upper Left USA
Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: Tankie_J] * 1
    #26286088 - 10/29/19 11:26 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tankie_J said:
Quick shout out to ChardRich for sending me this direction after I had some issues with my first round of shoeboxes.

It’s all about those surface conditions! I have learned so much. My first round of 7 shoeboxes had just as many side/bottom fruit as the surface. I had the sub at field capacity this seemed to be too moist. Harvesting was a pain so I only let them go 2 flushes.

This second round of 6 shoeboxes I went with Shapers SFF and holy smokes! Almost zero side/bottom pins. I read through all the comments and went with 20% less water and this seemed to be perfect with the cococoir (Grow!t brand) I used.

I couldn’t be happier with the results and can’t wait to use on different varieties. Not sure of the variety I have, small and lots of fruits with very low sporulation.

Pics

Thanks again for putting the time into this TEK. I followed the steps, read the comments and adjusted accordingly. Works like a charm.

:greatjob:

--------------------

OfflineTankie_J
I like having fun
I'm a teapot

#26286854 - 10/30/19 10:43 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

staytrippy420 said:
Your un-known variety kinda looks like my un-known variety besides the pointy tops

They do look similar aside from the point.

I’m going to try a no-dunk approach with these and mist accordingly until I see knots/pins. See if this reduces second flush side/bottom pins.  :shrug: After harvest I misted like I would in the beginning of the TEK.

OfflineNotmushroomforanam
Stranger

Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #26287072 - 10/30/19 12:12 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I did this tek without the top layer and all I got was blobs and no pins. Do some strains need more fae than this?

Invisiblestaytrippy420
 User Gallery

Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: Notmushroomforanam]
    #26287109 - 10/30/19 12:26 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

A cube is a cube. Besides PE there isn't much difference as far as I know.

--------------------
Tek's I use

LAGM2020

OfflineTankie_J
I like having fun
I'm a teapot

#26287146 - 10/30/19 12:40 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

staytrippy420 said:
A cube is a cube. Besides PE there isn't much difference as far as I know.

That’s my understanding as well. I do have plans to do this with Mazatapec. I will document that as soon as I get it going. Aside from my opinion on Gordon Wasson’s exposure of Maria Sabina and her people, I like the history behind that variety and have been reading/researching a lot about shamanic journeying within various tribes and peoples and different plant madicines. But that’s way off topic.

InvisibleQuinnn
Noob
I'm a teapot

#26296104 - 11/03/19 11:16 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

How we looking? using brown rice spawn and the 5050 coir tek. Been 7 days and it looks like it's coming along nicely.

Really happy with this tek so far. My last grow was using the PF tek and it was so much god damn work, this seems way easier.

--------------------

Offlinejbgtaa
extraterrestrial
Male User Gallery

Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: Quinnn]
    #26296118 - 11/03/19 11:28 AM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quinnn said:

How we looking? using brown rice spawn and the 5050 coir tek. Been 7 days and it looks like it's coming along nicely.

Really happy with this tek so far. My last grow was using the PF tek and it was so much god damn work, this seems way easier.

not my thread but those look perfect. Try going with a cereal grain next time, i cant imagine the type of meticulous you have to be to properly hydrate brown rice, while not being over/under capacity. never tried it though so it's probably easier than i think

--------------------
If the thunder don't get ya, the lightning will.
In another time's forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother's face.
Trade List
Forever giving away prints. PM at anytime for a free print.

InvisibleQuinnn
Noob
I'm a teapot

Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: jbgtaa]
    #26296175 - 11/03/19 12:18 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jbgtaa said:
Quote:

Quinnn said:

not my thread but those look perfect. Try going with a cereal grain next time, i cant imagine the type of meticulous you have to be to properly hydrate brown rice, while not being over/under capacity. never tried it though so it's probably easier than i think

I followed this "tek" from reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/shrooms/comments/8e7g6n/how_to_grow_bulk_without_a_pc_or_brf_cakes_broke/

I think I underhydrated because of the 10 jars I did, 7 of them are around 50% colonized after like 2 months lol. These 3 jars went better, so I used them to try the shoebox tek.

I currently have 10 jars of WBS that are almost done colonizing (yay pressure cooker!), so I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with them. I think this tek is great, but I don't know how I feel about having 10 shoeboxes as far as being discreet and space-conscious goes.

--------------------

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26296252 - 11/03/19 12:49 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Don't grow off reddit, it's horrible. The tek as written you linked sucks. Whole rice is not brf cakes. Verm is a requirement for cakes and what makes cakes take a spore syringe better than straight grains. also half pints are highly reccomended for jar size because it's the best balance between speed and amount of spawn, pints and larger have a tendancy to slow down or start to contam before 100% colonized.

Stick to shroomery and you'll grow a million times better. Welcome.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24297804
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086

/e late add, quart size grain jars usually take 2 per shoebox, so at most you'll have five. If you're making grains you should be doing agar. Syringe straight to grains sucks and fails often, even colonized jars are usually atleast a bit bacterial. This is also probably why you lost so many "cakes" from your reddit directions.

Edited by LtLurker (11/03/19 12:53 PM)

InvisibleQuinnn
Noob
I'm a teapot

Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: LtLurker]
    #26296353 - 11/03/19 01:16 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LtLurker said:
Don't grow off reddit, it's horrible. The tek as written you linked sucks. Whole rice is not brf cakes. Verm is a requirement for cakes and what makes cakes take a spore syringe better than straight grains. also half pints are highly reccomended for jar size because it's the best balance between speed and amount of spawn, pints and larger have a tendancy to slow down or start to contam before 100% colonized.

Stick to shroomery and you'll grow a million times better. Welcome.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24297804
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086

/e late add, quart size grain jars usually take 2 per shoebox, so at most you'll have five. If you're making grains you should be doing agar. Syringe straight to grains sucks and fails often, even colonized jars are usually atleast a bit bacterial. This is also probably why you lost so many "cakes" from your reddit directions.

I don't think you read the link.

These are not brf cakes, they are bulk brown rice spawn, no verm. It's not that different from any other bulk tek except that it's doable without a pressure cooker (which I didn't have at the time).

You seem to be assuming a lot. I do agar work, in fact these rice jars were all inoculated from agar.

I didn't lose any cakes from my "reddit directions", firstly because I never lost anything to contam from reddit directions, but secondly because these aren't even cakes.

--------------------

Edited by Quinnn (11/03/19 01:21 PM)

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26296371 - 11/03/19 01:22 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not trying to assume anything about your grow, just give you more detailed info because you said you got your info from reddit, which is full of garbage.

The title of the tek is "How to: Grow Bulk without a PC or brf cakes" He keeps refering to brf, while using whole rice. It's reads very confusing and came across to me as an attempt at simplifying cakes even further(or suggesting verm is unnecesarry for cakes). Sure i could be wrong about him calling these cakes, but his tek still blows telling people to put syringe to whole grains. Also as far as whole grains, rice is typically not a very good choice, it's very starchy and when cooked it was to smoosh and smear, very difficult to shake like a proper grain and too much smooshed grains will encourage bacterial growth even more.

e\7(of 10) are around 50% colonized after 2 months. that's a fail. I can only assume from experience and the added info that you used agar, that you most likely failed because the directions were garbage from the onset. You well could have done everything right, and still got this result just because working with only whole rice is tricky.

I don't mean any of this as a shot at you. I bet your wbs jars are going to come along much better.

Edited by LtLurker (11/03/19 01:31 PM)

InvisibleQuinnn
Noob
I'm a teapot

Re: SFF Shoebox Assembly TEK [Re: LtLurker]
    #26296384 - 11/03/19 01:28 PM (4 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LtLurker said:
I'm not trying to assume anything about your grow, just give you more detailed info because you said you got your info from reddit, which is full of garbage.

The title of the tek is "How to: Grow Bulk without a PC or brf cakes" He keeps refering to brf, while using whole rice. It's reads very confusing and came across to me as an attempt at simplifying cakes even further(or suggesting verm is unnecesarry for cakes). Sure i could be wrong about him calling these cakes, but his tek still blows telling people to put syringe to whole grains. Also as far as whole grains, rice is typically not a very good choice, it's very starchy and when cooked it was to smoosh and smear, very difficult to shake like a proper grain and too much smooshed grains will encourage bacterial growth even more.

Of course there is plenty of bad info on reddit. But what you're saying makes no sense if you spent more than 3 seconds looking at the thread.

It's literally a bulk grain prep, this has absolutely nothing to do with cakes. Also, BRF =/= brown rice, the F refers to "flour" which once again, has nothing to do with this tek.

You're assuming a lot about what I do / don't know based on something that is 1) irrelevant to the post I made AND this thread, and 2) based on pretty much nothing.
If you had read my comment you'd see that I already have bulk WBS colonizing, I don't need your version of a PF tek crash course because I linked to reddit. I've spent hundreds of hours reading and learning on here, and I'm fully aware of the pitfalls of rice as spawn which is why I invested in a PC and switched to WBS. 

With all due respect I think it's best that we keep this discussion to the topic at hand, which is the shoebox tek.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract