Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleridley
Psychonaut
Male

Unknown mushroom patch in my backyard. ID Help?
    #26005899 - 05/21/19 06:57 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Hey, all. I have no idea what species these are, but they grow in these large, beautiful clusters near my house. I'm trying to learn how to identify all sorts of mushrooms (I think identification in general is just really fun and interesting). I just love being able to point out what a species is and have some interesting facts about it on file.

Let me know if this post is thorough enough, or if you need more information.

Habitat:

It grows out in my yard in large clusters next to a stump.
This is in northern Colorado, USA.
It grows straight out of the grass, but only near the stumps of broad-leaved trees.

Gills:

gills fade from white at the apex of the cap to dark brown (close to black) at the edges of the cap.
The gills are attached.

Stem:

The stems are white.
The largest stem I harvested was 4 1/4 inches in length, the smallest was 2 1/2 inches in length.
Most of the stems are close to 1/8 inches in diameter
The texture is smooth, the stems seem to break into thick threads when disturbed.
The stems are hollow.

Cap:

The largest cap I harvested was 3 inches in diameter, the smallest was 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
The texture is smooth. Not slimy. The caps are extremely fragile. This is one of the only ones I was able to harvest from the bunch without breaking the cap.
The caps are paraboloid.

Spore print color:

Greyish-brown color. Not a lot of spores, but I think a lot of that is because the specimens I picked were very young.

Bruising:

No bruising on caps. Stems turn a dull, yellowish color when bruised, as shown in this photo.

Other information:
The mushrooms don't have a very strong scent, but they do smell a little mushroomy. Not unpleasant smelling.
Here's a picture of all the specimens I gathered.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
Re: Unknown mushroom patch in my backyard. ID Help? [Re: ridley]
    #26005900 - 05/21/19 06:58 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Coprinellus micaceus

Invisibleridley
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Unknown mushroom patch in my backyard. ID Help? [Re: doctorghosty]
    #26005937 - 05/21/19 07:20 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Very cool! One of the most common mushrooms in the world. I would have never guessed these guys were edible. Then again, I'm very inexperienced. Thanks for the ID!

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
Re: Unknown mushroom patch in my backyard. ID Help? [Re: ridley]
    #26005969 - 05/21/19 07:39 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

My pleasure

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification