Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinehillbawl
Princess Toadstool
Female User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Are these contams? Stalled jars and dunno my next step!
    #25998859 - 05/17/19 10:11 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Hey gang. Trying a bulk grow for the first time (have done some newbie growing years back). I inoculated 18 jars in early April. My Golden Teachers are doing the best and are at about 95% but have stalled, and I have a few Ecuadors and Mazatapecs that look all right but still far from colonized. I'm wondering if the stalling is due to contams, or something else. I've just flipped and patted all my jars, removed the foil for better air flow, and have taken out any jars that look suspicious. I have a couple that are questionable but need some identification. Can anyone help? I'm wondering how long I should wait to either birth the incomplete GTs or scrap the whole batch and start over....

--------------------
Favorite food: Milksteak
Favorite hobby: Magnets
Dislikes: Peoples' knees

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMMagg
Stranger

Re: Are these contams? Stalled jars and dunno my next step! [Re: hillbawl]
    #25998870 - 05/17/19 10:21 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

That looks nasty to me.  Early april?  Like.... 6 weeks? 

That's way too long.  I'd toss em and start again from Agar.

OfflineUncleHoyphae
Curious noob
I'm a teapot

Loc: Vietnam Flag
Re: Are these contams? Stalled jars and dunno my next step! [Re: MMagg]
    #25998881 - 05/17/19 10:38 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Toss the maztapec. Top fruit the golden teachers - open it up, scrape any uncolonised bits off the top and stick some moist verm / coir on the top. Then put the jars in a fruiting chamber or you can just stick them inside a clear plastic bag with some perlite at the bottom and a few holes poked in it

Edit:do this outside or away from your grow area though as they could be a bit contam

Edited by UncleHoyphae (05/17/19 10:39 PM)

OfflineProfessor X
School for the Gifted
 User Gallery

Re: Are these contams? Stalled jars and dunno my next step! [Re: UncleHoyphae]
    #25998999 - 05/18/19 01:27 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

6 weeks from spores is fine. That second jar has some funky bacteria in it, Birth it and cut out the bacterial grain and replace it with vermiculite, it's not a big deal. You start ending up with Trichoderma when the mycelium refuses to colonize the grain for days on end. Keep any questionable cakes isolated, you will need at least 2 humidity chambers or shoeboxes to do so. BRF is only good for a couple flushes anyways, not enough nutrients.  In a bulk mix a 1:1 ratio with brf is equal to a 1:6 ratio with other grains because it is 33% Brown rice and 66% vermiculite. It's PF teks biggest downfall.

--------------------

My no pour Petri TEK - https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27252059/page/1

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract