Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGLC
Stranger
Sclerotia Galindoi stone color turning light-bluish-green
    #25997882 - 05/17/19 12:17 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

This jar was laying sterilized for over 4 months, until i decided to try it out with some grain-liquid culture that remained. I was surprised that it colonized so fast and started forming stones very quickly, smaller stones but way too many stones. Perhaps the idea that the grain was dry and sclerotia forms faster when it senses dryness.

My question is about the color of the stones. After 2 months the color of the stone has turned into something that I haven't seen the other jars that I have had. Is it because it has run out of water and is now cannibalizing itself (or whatever the term is for mycellium eating itself)? Should I go ahead and harvest it? Or is this fine?

Normally I have seen Stones form to be offwhite/cream first that later changes to dark brown, however in this case it has turned from dark-brown to this. The photos were taken in warm light so it is not very clear however in the first photo, the stone at the bottom-right can be seen turning greenish-white.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals