Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlineflugelizor
Furious ball of nothing
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western NY
Re: NY Governor vows to legalize marijuana [Re: Konyap] * 1
    #25913620 - 04/03/19 01:01 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

The Federal government is negligent.
In putting cannabis on the Schedule 1 list, The US Federal government is responsible for all the cancer deaths that could have been prevented by Rick Simpson Oil.
We shouldn't even be dealing with the state at all!

Edited by flugelizor (04/04/19 04:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStoneJackBaller
Male User Gallery

Loc: tumbled down shack
Re: NY Governor vows to legalize marijuana [Re: flugelizor]
    #25924175 - 04/09/19 01:08 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I live in North Jersey and buy my weed in New York particularly Yonkers or in Da Bronx. Good ass Bronx Sour Diesel is the bomb. I think there's some info in ths thread that's not accurate, from what I know 25 grams or less is the equivalent of a parking ticket in Ny. In dirty Jersey if you get caught with anything it's a felony. My Yonkers dealer is so worried about it that he has no problem driving around  with a half a zip on this front seat. I saw kids walking around openly smoking in my neighborhood and I don't think the cops give a shit anymore cuz it's not worth the money or time. But who knows I wouldn't want to catch a felony.

I also don't believe the governor of New Jersey, the toothy dip shit that he is imo, is going to allow any grow in the Garden State because he wants tax money and God forbid it might feed the underground mkt... If they allow grow in New York I'm moving back into New York because for me growing is half the fun. I'm with RockyRaccoon, no matter what happens I'm going to keep it Underground.  Now if I could only find some acid in NYC ...

Offlineflugelizor
Furious ball of nothing
Male User Gallery

Re: NY Governor vows to legalize marijuana [Re: StoneJackBaller]
    #25944401 - 04/19/19 07:28 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

MLK Jr said:
"I have a dream that my four little chi1dren will one day live in a nation Where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their Character."

Now, I'm not MLK Jr, but seems to me if you are giving preferential treatment to minorities in the cannabis industry, you are judging people by the color of their skin.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #25944411 - 04/19/19 07:37 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

the police would rather have a color index or a pallete :lol:

Offlineflugelizor
Furious ball of nothing
Male User Gallery

Re: NY Governor vows to legalize marijuana [Re: Konyap]
    #25996477 - 05/16/19 05:15 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Update:
According to Forbes: (link to Forbes article)
The new bill will allow cultivation in NY state!

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25997362 - 05/17/19 05:44 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

NY is giving it another shot, yes. Please dont give up like the first time this year. "We dont want to be the last state". What happened to new york city being a huge progressive metropolis?

Also, i REALLY dont think Cuomo truly supports legalization, and if this fails again, i will never trust that bastard or anyone in his family. He only said "we will legalize marijuana" because he was facing Cynthia Nixon

In the end i think its the people of new york who end up feeling powerless. There is the parade but most people dont show their support. They just dont wanna get arrested

Was watching SNL 1994/5 when Mario Cuomo was running

Quote:

Now, I'm not MLK Jr, but seems to me if you are giving preferential treatment to minorities in the cannabis industry, you are judging people by the color of their skin.

Im all for equality, but this needs to get legalized in all 50 states before it becomes a racial issue (it is not, in reality. You could get profiled just for looking like a stoner, white, black, whatever). Otherwise some states will never pass legalization. In NYC last time they said "equity or no legalization" (Stokes, a black law maker). And really i guess people feel like theyre already making money in their neighborhood, why be put out of business by some legal white dudes?

White, black, shouldnt matter. And as a matter of fact the war on drugs destroyed many neighborhoods and Not just majority black ghettos. Im from an area that was devastated and the % of black people is way low. Now all those white kids are either on dope, in jail, and many that i grew up around have ODed by now.

And everyone on the block spent some time overnight at least. For a blunt or even a few stems. I recall a cop asking sarcastically "is this a tobacco seed?" For example

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (05/17/19 06:00 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: NY Governor vows to legalize marijuana [Re: StoneJackBaller]
    #25997374 - 05/17/19 06:05 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

StoneJackBaller said:
I live in North Jersey and buy my weed in New York particularly Yonkers or in Da Bronx. Good ass Bronx Sour Diesel is the bomb. I think there's some info in ths thread that's not accurate, from what I know 25 grams or less is the equivalent of a parking ticket in Ny. In dirty Jersey if you get caught with anything it's a felony. My Yonkers dealer is so worried about it that he has no problem driving around  with a half a zip on this front seat. I saw kids walking around openly smoking in my neighborhood and I don't think the cops give a shit anymore cuz it's not worth the money or time. But who knows I wouldn't want to catch a felony.

I also don't believe the governor of New Jersey, the toothy dip shit that he is imo, is going to allow any grow in the Garden State because he wants tax money and God forbid it might feed the underground mkt... If they allow grow in New York I'm moving back into New York because for me growing is half the fun. I'm with RockyRaccoon, no matter what happens I'm going to keep it Underground.  Now if I could only find some acid in NYC ...

You can def find some acid in nyc. Go to raves. Bring a testing kit. And yes, i go back and forth to Cali/NYC all the time, if you have a good connect the quality is about the same and NY is so saturated with weed/thc products, especially carts (tho of course many are bootleg). In NJ someone i know just recently got arrested and got a freakin year of probation and drug tests for literally a joint

25g or less in NYC is not a crime and even if you have significantly more, i know from dealers that they dont really even care about QPs and such. Weed in NYC is pretty much tolerated because its everywhere, just not sold legally.

The main drugs of concern are heroin and fent

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlineflugelizor
Furious ball of nothing
Male User Gallery

Re: NY Governor vows to legalize marijuana [Re: Fractal420]
    #25997396 - 05/17/19 06:31 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

From Wikipedia:
In New York:

If the marijuana is burning or in public view, no matter the amount, or is between 25 g and 2 ounces (57 g), it is fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, a Class B misdemeanor,[1] carrying a possible three-month sentence.[3] Amounts in the 2–8 ounces (57–227 g) range are fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, a Class A misdemeanor[1] for which offenders can receive up to six months in jail. Convictions for these offenses will result in a criminal record.[3]

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25997407 - 05/17/19 06:39 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yes but cops just let it go 90% of the time. Even for weed dealers with large amounts. Its not "the law", its because for one thing marijuana arrests just look bad for nypd now. they used to go crazy trying to find weed on people. Now if its just weed they usually* let it go

IF it is burning and youre being stupid in public, thats a whole different story. I am talking about just possession

Its all about how you deal with the situation really. Are you a dick to the cop? Do you try to hide the weed and they find it? Cops in NYC  really like when you cooperate, usually ends up with a worst case scenario of them smoking your weed

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlineflugelizor
Furious ball of nothing
Male User Gallery

#25997436 - 05/17/19 07:09 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, right.

Also, I have been thinking about that "inequity" thing.

I am a white male, and when I was young we would go in the woods, to a park, or in a car, or otherwise "hide" to smoke pot.

One of the few times I smoked with a black guy in the city, he lit a joint on the front steps of a YMCA on a busy street.

I am thinking WTF, of course they are hassled more often!
But also, less places to hide in the city. No woods to go to.

OfflineKonyap

#25997663 - 05/17/19 09:50 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

the cops were searching peoples cars on 4-20 for pot
in the city the nypd isn't frisking people but i mean they'd still give you shit probably

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25997982 - 05/17/19 01:22 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

They only stopped frisking people after the Eric Garner incident and everyone turned on the nypd

It was more like, the final straw.

Since then theres so much they do differently

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
    #25998063 - 05/17/19 02:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
They only stopped frisking people after the Eric Garner incident and everyone turned on the nypd

It was more like, the final straw.

Since then theres so much they do differently

Has that been settled in court? Could be why they have taken it down a notch.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Edited by Doc9151 (05/17/19 02:09 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: NY Governor vows to legalize marijuana [Re: Doc9151]
    #25998703 - 05/17/19 08:22 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Man.  It's all 1990s drug policy here.  Weed still a social taboo.  Lot's of church folks and farm people.  Weed is mostly seen as 'dirty'.  Sadly it's such a political device on all sides.  It's hard and not right to even lump all weed in the same topic.  One strain and phenotype can be quite different.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineKonyap

Re: NY Governor vows to legalize marijuana [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25998830 - 05/17/19 09:43 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

it's like talking to a broken record,

litterally everyone thinks weed causes super cancer
because of the shit the ciggerette companies due with plutonium 39 and fiber glass

they also think that people who smoke weed are lazy lol, like you get out of work, you smoke weed, that means you're lazy to them

Offlineflugelizor
Furious ball of nothing
Male User Gallery

#27274059 - 03/29/21 07:34 AM (3 years, 1 day ago)

Even when they do everything right.
They figure out a way to screw us...

Recreational Marijuana will be legal in NY. Including home grow 6 plants
It will take a long time to ramp up of course.
Oh, by the way, you can't grow until 18 months after retail sales begin.
Because more tax that way.

So essentially we are talking 3 years?
I've never wanted to break a law more in my life.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds