Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKawiCorn
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: North Dirty South
More Gyms!!!! asking for an ID just to make sure! (LOTS OF PHOTOS)
    #25991102 - 05/13/19 10:19 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I do believe I found more Gyms! I found my first a couple of days ago. Went back out today to see if there were more. And.....

Habitat:
I found these growing at my last spot. I know they potentially grow around deadly mushrooms, so I just want to double check that they are the same ones. I found Pins! I read those are way more potent than the bigger ones.

Gills:
Bright yellow/orange, Some dark spots on the gills

Stem:
1-4 inches. Bruising dark when pinched, no obvious bluing. A friend of mine said they look reddish. Hard for me to tell.

Cap: Bright orange, some caps are dark almost red-like.  with dark, scale like roughness, some are orange from spores. My fingers looked like I just binge ate a bunch of Cheetos. ranging from 2cm pin caps to a 3.5ish inch wide 38 gram wet cap. 

Spore print color:
rusty orange, they are pretty light today. I had them on there for a few hours. The little ones didnt any spores worth taking a photo of. The three photos aren't the best but hopefully will be enough for a TI.

Bruising:
Little dark on stems and caps when handling not really blue but the pins obviously got darker when handled.

Other information:
smells  fresh. Kind of sweet. 

For those of you who enjoy mushroom photos or just wanted  to get a better overall look at what these look like here ya go! (Sorry for any doubles and any shitty shots. Just want to get as many different photos as I can)

--------------------
It’s just a ride. You can get off it at anytime. All it takes is a choice, right now, between fear and love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemichaelstipe
Rocker
 User Gallery

Re: More Gyms!!!! asking for an ID just to make sure! (LOTS OF PHOTOS) [Re: KawiCorn]
    #25991111 - 05/13/19 10:23 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Looks exactly like Cali thiersii or luteofolius. where in the world roughly?

InvisibleKawiCorn
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: More Gyms!!!! asking for an ID just to make sure! (LOTS OF PHOTOS) [Re: michaelstipe]
    #25991119 - 05/13/19 10:30 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry forgot to put that. North Ga!

--------------------
It’s just a ride. You can get off it at anytime. All it takes is a choice, right now, between fear and love.

OfflineMoria841
Male

Loc: NJ Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: More Gyms!!!! asking for an ID just to make sure! (LOTS OF PHOTOS) [Re: KawiCorn]
    #25991134 - 05/13/19 10:51 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Gymnopilus luteofolius

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

InvisibleKawiCorn
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: More Gyms!!!! asking for an ID just to make sure! (LOTS OF PHOTOS) [Re: Moria841]
    #25991148 - 05/13/19 11:02 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:sexeh:

--------------------

OfflineTryptaphenalysergi
Wanderer
Loc: Berkeley Co., WV
    #25991981 - 05/14/19 10:28 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Wow I thought it would be too early for any gymnopilus, so I haven't really even been looking for them on my hunts. Cool. Good find, bro.

InvisibleKawiCorn
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: More Gyms!!!! asking for an ID just to make sure! (LOTS OF PHOTOS) [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25993962 - 05/15/19 08:19 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you thank you! They are definitely out there in North GA.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract