Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Re: What's the procedure after you case?
    #25991 - 07/29/00 03:47 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Originally posted by formy:
I've read through all the casing teks on the shroomery and I think I have a fairly good grasp of how to make the casing. But I'm still a bit hazy on what to do after you've made your casings. Most of the teks end by saying "cover with plastic wrap and poke holes." And...?

What do I do now? Do I just leave it alone
until I see shrooms. These are the questions I need answers to:

Do I have to remove the plastic wrap to exchange the air. And if so, how often?

No, not until the white stuff starts poking through.

Do I need to mist them directly, indirectly, or not at all. And if I do, how often?

After you remove the plastic wrap, they shouldn't need direct misting. Mist indirectly when you feel the ambient humidity is too low.

Do I have to put them in a terrarium, or can they just be left that way (which would seem preferable since that means that you don't have to set up a terrarium)?

Store the casings in a clear container of some sort. That way it is easy to maintain the proper level of humidity. A huge clear rubbermaid type container would work.

Answers to any or all of these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

No prob.

[This message has been edited by snarf (edited July 29, 2000).]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

#25993 - 07/29/00 03:54 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I leave the saran wrap on for about a week after giving it a good misting. Remove the plastic wrap, and give it a good shower. Not too much though. Just enough to get it wet.
It is advisable to put it into a terrarium. Although it will work outside of a terrarium, that means you will have to take care of it and pay attention to it more often. If you put it in a terrarium with some perlite and a fishtank air bubbler you'll be straight. The main thing you should be concerned about with casing is the air exchange. If you dont have it in a terrarium, then you need to fan it at least twice a day and spray it whenever it looks dry. Thats about it. Just make sure to keep the casing layer moist...(you want it to be moist, not wet) and give it a good fanning twice a day or more. I would recomend you put it into a terrarium with a cool mist humidifier as that takes care of humidity AND air exchange. Casings are easy you just have to give it the right environment. Have fun.

old hand

#25994 - 07/29/00 11:09 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation