Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline5DGISD
Stranger
my first h-poo grow....and some questions
    #25988400 - 05/12/19 06:37 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Well after learning to do PF-tek mini-tubs I am experimenting with supercharging my grows with H-poo.

Sorry about the quality of the pic but I don't want to open the tub and let the humidity out, hopefully it will suffice to get the job done. My question is how close am I to putting a casing layer on this. I understand that one end has not fully colonized yet as I am at only 10 days and my prediction for colonization was that it would be somewhere around 2-3 weeks for colonization. however the uncolonized part has started to break the surface and because I have never made something like this before I am hoping there is an experienced person here that can help with this stage.

now I don't have time to continually monitor this tub which is why I have chosen to go with a sterilized layer of jiffy seed starter because that will make it easier to maintain humidity on the surface while still allowing for a slightly cracked lid for FAE including a few waves of the lid ever day. Now I understand a casing layer might not be necessary but I have not tried that yet and I don't like to have too many variables I don't know about going at the same time....you know small steps.

this tub is only a 27 quart tub, bottom is 10"x 12". Not very big. It has 12 pf-tek cakes, one liter of expanded coir, one liter of h-poo and liter and a half of vermiculite, that I pasteurized using my PC....shout out to Frank Horrigan's pasteurization tek which worked awesome.

Any help would be appreciated, My initial plan is to wait about another week and then case, from their I can get it to fruit as I have worked and have experience with making a casing layer work, but what should I be looking for as sign that it is time to case.

Thanks in advance

--------------------
Psychedelics can produce psychotic behaviour in the people who haven't taken them.

Edited by 5DGISD (05/12/19 06:58 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation