Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Loc: Man of the Moon
Trusted Cultivator
~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS * 5
    #25984964 - 05/10/19 09:23 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Again Shroomerites! It's your old pal Mycologist217 here, and you guessed it! It's time for our annual summer grow log again! I'd like to welcome back any readers from my previous summer logs as well as new readers alike! I invite you to turn up your AC as we get hot in heavy in this summer's log! This season we are proud to present to you the debut log featuring my very own M217-b Penis Envy Isolate! It is a second generation clone originating from our very well loved friend:

The M217-a clone:

From our latest M217-a grow we went ahead and made the move to try.out a second generation clone. Unsurprisingly, a couple of beautiful isolate plates were close to easy to scale to:

Which brings us to the announcement of this grow log! If you are unfamiliar with my work and contribution here on the Shroomery, I encourage you to check out my best works Here! So!! With open hearts and an empty stomach let's jump right into our:

EXPERIMENT:
2ND Generation Clone Grow: PE M217-b; Agar>LC>Grains>CVG Monotub

LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
-Demonstrate prolific knowledge of home mushroom cultivation as it applies to the Psilocybe Cubensis.
-Demonstrate profound practical skill in home mushroom cultivation as it applies to the Psilocybe Cubensis.
-Demonstrate advance practical knowledge of such concepts as: no pour Agar work, strain isolation, tissue cloning, liquid cultures, grain spawn, and of course the Monotub
-Successfully use a 2nd Generation Clone to propagate a vivaciously successful magic mushroom grow.
-Maintain an extremely high rate of contamination free mycology.
-Utilize homemade original designs of vessels, lids, and/or tools throughout a successful grow.
-Observe how identical genetics differ in phenotype across a dozen individual Monotubs.

MATERIALS
We will be using a myriad of equipment this go around. If you need help looking into more specific materials I encourage you to inspect my INVENTORY OF REQUIRED MYCOLOGY SUPPLIES. But! Past that generalized list we will need:
-Genetics (M217-b on agar)
-Pressure Cooker
-Scalpels
-Syringes
-Liquid Culture Vessel
-Liquid Culture supplies
-Preferred Grain spawn
-Preferred Spawn Vessels (in this case quart sized ball jars w/ modified lids
-Monotub Supplies
-Substrate Components (in this case coir, vermiculite, and gypsum
-Casing Materials (Jiffy Mix)
-Positive Vibes and a Good attitude.

PROCEDURE/METHODOLOGY
Alright you guys! So for the remainder of the time this thread is active it will be updated with the procedure in real time in the form of edits to this OP as well as entries in the thread below! Check back often throughout the next 45ish days for regular updates as we make magic!

We will be starting in the next couple days by preparing a new batch of blank agar plates to expand one of our featured plates on to. We will also prepare a preliminary liquid cultures as well as a couple grain jars to inoculate directly with our second featured plates! We will be using my very own Liquid Culture Tek. And for our grains we will be using Whole Oats for some and WBS for others!

Strap in everyone... I encourage you to subscribe, contribute, and enjoy another Mycologist217 Real Time Grow Log

EDIT: WORK IN PROGRESS

So we started working on this project round about the 10th of May . The project was started by compiling the experiment idea, learning objectives, materials list, and announcing the project via the starting of this grow manual!

By May 11 we had acquired all the necessary materials to begin our project:

Our project began with the expansion of our existing culture stock onto 8 new plates. We used materials such as 4oz glass jars, medical tape, painters coveralls, agar powder, instant mashed potatoes, scalpel, a pressure cooker, and other agar supplies detailed more thoroughly in the log below:

We took that opportunity to refresh ourselves in proper sterile technique and had our lab stocked with nitrile gloves and facemasks, 70% isopropyl, an alcohol lamp, and bleach cleaning solution with paper towels. A Still Air Box was also constructed for use during all sterile work for the project.

After the expansion run on to 8 new plates, the second initial culture plate was used to inoculate 2 Liquid cultures and 3 grain jars. The Liquid Cultures were prepared using a solution of water and honey at a ratio of 285g water/15g honey. And was housed and sterilized in custom built LC vessel lids with protected GE filters and Self Healing Injection Ports:

We then entered a kind of quiet before the storm phase while we waited for our LC's to come to life and our agar inoculated grains to colonize. In the interim more.supplies was acquired for the Fuller grow spectrum including coir, vermiculite, gypsum, and we started construction of more sophisticated style of grain lids featuring SHIPs for easy inoculation via LC.

We also allowed our newly prepared round of 8 Culture plates colonize before moving them into cold storage. One very pretty candidate was selected from the lot and used to prepare a third Liquid Culture to be used in the latter half of this grow.:

Around 10 days after inoculation, our premier Liquid Cultures were deemed ready to start using, and we started the process of soaking and sterilizing and inoculating 5-7qts of grain a day until we had 33 LC inoculated grain jars:

We made the decision to wait until these jars are all fully colonized and spawned before doing more grain, which allows our third prepared LC time to colonize and boom to life.

On June 2nd, around 19days after inoculating our first two LC's and the three preliminary grain jars, it was time to spawn a minimono tub with them as a teaser of things to come! We spawned in a 28ish qt tub using half a brick of coir, 1.25qts vermiculite, a handful of gypsum, and 2.75-3ish qts water.

We did not fruit at spawning and just let the mycelium work for 5 days before casing and fruiting:

More soon

--------------------
My LC Manual (With custom LC lid Tek) ~~ Required Mycology Supplies ~~ Agar Work Videos ~~ L G M
AMU Q&A-NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL! KEEP THAT IN MIND! BUY THE TICKET: TAKE THE RIDE

Check out my Retail Gourmet Mushroom Farm!

Mycologist217 is a fictitious entity that uses images supplied by Google to mask his/her inability to develop normal social habits.

Edited by Mycologist217 (06/07/19 01:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrackatoa
Stranger in a strange land
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Mycologist217]
    #25985039 - 05/10/19 10:13 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I'm on board for this ride 😁

--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit

OfflineMr. Funguy
Quasi Frodo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Terra
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Crackatoa]
    #25985044 - 05/10/19 10:19 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

This looks interesting...

--------------------

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Crackatoa]
    #25985046 - 05/10/19 10:19 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

:camping:

OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: mushboy]
    #25985066 - 05/10/19 10:40 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Whatever you decide won’t really impact our survival
Close your eyes, and do the best that you can

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: mushboy]
    #25985081 - 05/10/19 10:56 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Day 0-

So just a few more opening day
footnotes:

The first thing is that this is a fairly advanced grow style I will be employing as far growing cubes go, I have a decent grasp on it and will usually talk from a perspective expecting the reader to also. If you are a newer cultivator on board for this grow  feel free to ask any questions you might have about the techniques demonstrated and I will explain the why's and how's of it.

Thing number 2 of it is that many many Monotubs will be grown in this grow. At least 10.

The number 3 of it is I moved into a larger home in March  than I had ever previously lived in as an adult person. It has a two car garage featuring a very nice utility closet with large space and U shaped shelves. Might be a good place to set up a SAB, if not I think I'll go with the laundry room for the SAB.  I used to use my laundry room i my tiny apartment when I started out years and years ago. At my last house I used the Harry Potter Closet under the stairs. I almost blew myself up with my alcohol lamp a couple times but I'm better at making them now...which leads us to the subject of this footnote: alcohol lamps and sterile technique.

I am a huge fan of the homemade alcohol lamp. Back in the day I fueled them with 91% Isopropyl and never really had any problems but a few years back I switched to denatured alcohol. I really enjoy it. It burns hot, getting needles red hot in a second or two and scalpels in a couple of seconds.

I have done experimenting with which jars to use for home made alcohol lamps and the vessel I've had the most success with is done with a small minced garlic jar:

Very simple design...make hole in the lid of the jar with pliers and pull a stretched out cotton ball through the hole...half way. Fill the jar with fuel and allow cotton wick to soak in the fuel for a while before lighting. Cool little trinket to build to start a grow off.

Alright see you when we are ready to make our blank plates where we talk about that methodology in great detail.

--------------------
My LC Manual (With custom LC lid Tek) ~~ Required Mycology Supplies ~~ Agar Work Videos ~~ L G M
AMU Q&A-NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL! KEEP THAT IN MIND! BUY THE TICKET: TAKE THE RIDE

Mycologist217 is a fictitious entity that uses images supplied by Google to mask his/her inability to develop normal social habits.

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under your bed Flag
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Mycologist217]
    #25985101 - 05/10/19 11:19 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Myco what's up man glad to see you around

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Boogieman47]
    #25985111 - 05/10/19 11:28 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Just living the dream. Really good to hear from you! I love.these forums

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#25985151 - 05/10/19 11:53 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah same here my friend cant wait to see your grows you always kill em woth that culture

--------------------

Invisibleshroomify

#25985347 - 05/11/19 04:31 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome, looking forward to this! :takingnotes:
How do you store your alcohol lamp when you're finished? Does it evaporate after some time?

Offlinedr psilocybin
Stranger

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: shroomify]
    #25985378 - 05/11/19 05:23 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

following :mushroom2:

--------------------
http://

[

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: here there and everywhere
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: shroomify]
    #25985380 - 05/11/19 05:24 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Following

--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: newtomyc]
    #25985408 - 05/11/19 05:53 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

*pulls up stool, pad and pencil*

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.
2020 new years grow along

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25985584 - 05/11/19 08:38 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I usually just it out. Soared fuel evaporate very quickly. I try my best by now to be very conservative with how much fuel I fill it with since a lot goes to waste.

--------------------

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
    #25985846 - 05/11/19 11:14 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Asura]
    #25985898 - 05/11/19 11:41 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

:thisisgonnabegood:

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Failboat]
    #25986838 - 05/11/19 08:54 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

DAY 0ii-

So today was the chore day to get the ball rolling. I trashed a bunch of my equipment when I moved into this new house so I had to go buy a lot of supplies to make sure I'm good to begin. Total Costs today: 224$. I still have to spend another 100$ or more on more jars, grain spawn, coir, verm, gypsum, and tubs...12 tubs has some serious overhead cost. But I purchased a smaller tote to inoculate with just 1 quart of spawn to hopefully cover the costs before the 12 tubs fruit.

So what did I buy today?:

Yeah...ton of stuff but we got everything we need to start making some new plates and get a few grain jars and LC's going which speaking of LC we constructed a few of our custom LC jar lids:

After I got the silicon setting in the three LC lids I made 8 agar lids and a few preliminary grain jar lids:

After that I started getting everything organized for my sterile Tek lab with the SAB. I went ahead and constructed a new alcohol lamp and prepared a jar of isopropyl soaked cotton balls. Got paper towels set up and my gloves, facemasks, and disinfectant.

After all that I went ahead and prepared 8 agar plates for sterilization and threw them in the pressure Cooker:

For this agar recipe we combined 125ml water with 2.5g agar powder, 2.5g potato flake, 1.75g dextrose, and .15g nutritional yeast. I also colored it with 1 drop blue and 1 drop red food coloring. These will be inoculated tomorrow when they are cool from one of the two featured M217-b plates for the purpose of expanding the culture and inoculant stock.

Tomorrow when the silicon in the LC lids are set I'll finish them off and pressure cook 3 different jars of liquid culture. We will talk in much greater detail then about LC recipe and preparation

Edited by Mycologist217 (05/11/19 09:30 PM)

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25986845 - 05/11/19 08:57 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

why not upgrade to a torch for flaming tools? weeeelllll worth it.

and you can take dabs while you work:vaped:

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Mycologist217] * 1
    #25987028 - 05/11/19 10:52 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Nice tag.

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #25988116 - 05/12/19 01:34 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

What?! Holy Smokes!! Thanks you guys!!

--------------------

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
    #25988389 - 05/12/19 04:25 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:ohyeah:

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

Offlinethecynicalstoic
Cheap Beginner
Male

Loc: CO, US
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #25988396 - 05/12/19 04:36 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Okay. This is cool. Totally following along.

OfflineHugh Jorgan
Mycophile
 User Gallery

#25988442 - 05/12/19 05:02 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Nice to see ya myco. Looks like a thread to definitely follow!!

--------------------
Always go forward! Never go straight!!

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Hugh Jorgan] * 1
    #25988827 - 05/12/19 09:18 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

DAY 0iii-

Alright so a fair amount to talk about today as it was this grow's first encounter with sterile work, but before we jump into that we will talk about what we did first today.

So while we should have started the day with the sterile work, we had to spend all afternoon at the girl's mom's house. By the time we got home the silicon applied to our new LC lids had fully cured so I started with completing the Liquid Culture Lids that should end up being the Flagship of this entire grow. Keep in mind our LC will be used to inoculate 60 grain jars. That means a syringe needle will be piercing our SHIP a couple to several dozen times. I am very confident in the performance of the high temp silicon and have used it for grows of this caliber before. So finishing off the procedure for the LC lid...pictorial:

So after we got a couple sturdy lids constructed for our LC's, we got an area of our house ready to set up our SAB to inoculate the 8agar plates we prepared yesterday.

MATERIALS
-Still Air Box (SAB)
-Scalpels
-Alcohol Flame Lamp
-70% Isopropyl Alcohol
-Cleaning Solution w/ Bleach
-Exam Gloves
-Facemask
-Long Sleeve Shirt
-Duct Tape

We got a small nook cleaned up and wiped down with our cleaaner with bleach product. Before setting our SAB in place in our nook. We placed the alcohol lamp outside of it along with the isopropyl alcohol. We brought our cool pressure cooker into the area and opened it and placed from it our 8 new blank plates and our foil wrapped scalpel into our SAB. We then sprayed the SAB down with cleaner w/bleach again.

We left the area and scrubbed our face clean and  brushed our teeth and used mouthwash. We donned a clean long sleeve t-shirt and put in a pair of nitrile exam gloves. We used duct tape to secure our sleeves to the gloves so as none of the skin on our arms was exposed. a facemask was put on and After spraying down our arms with cleaner w/bleach we entered the area with the SAB.

Following techniques outlined in the Agar work videos link in my signature i proceeded to make 8 transfers from one of the featured M217-b plates (1 to each of our 8 new plates)

I feel fairly good about the procedure and expect good results:

After the new blank plates were inoculated, we put them in a nice clean closet that stays around 75F and then we cleaned and got soaking enough WBS for a few quarts of grain spawn to inoculate along with our LC's!:

Tomorrow will really be kicking things off as we will be preparing and sterilizing a couple blank LC's with the hopes they come out clean and vivacious. If they do they will carry us throughout this whole grow.

The two grain jars inoculated along side the LC's will also be prepared and sterilized tomorrow which puts us at a Tuesday inoculation of our LCs and two preliminary grain jars. That will Mark the official launch of the grow ship and be the official Day 1 leaving us with tomorrow as Day 0iv.

Our two grain jars tomorrow have a couple of purposes/possible destinations. First foremost clean colinzation of grains inoculated alongside the Liquid cultures will be a good indicator our LC is also clean given it was prepared correctly (my forte). Should our grains colinize but our LCs not the grains will be used as masters to go ahead and start a G2G (grain to grain) grow process. If the LC's and grains both colonize cleanly (expected) the two grain jars will be used in the mini "shoebox" style tub we purchased yesterday for a small grow for a soeedier route to pin porn for this log! And a good way to break up the longer road ahead aiming at a 12 tub grow.

Cheers yall! See ya tomorrow!

--------------------

OfflineCorundum
Goopy

Loc: Michigan Flag
    #25988863 - 05/12/19 09:48 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:takingnotes:

--------------------
:samus::samus:

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Corundum]
    #25988874 - 05/12/19 09:54 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:threadmonitor:

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Puduwoke]
    #25990971 - 05/13/19 09:17 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

-DAY 0iv-

Alright so here we are on the eve of what will be Day 1. I like to start the counter there officially because it is when our primary inoculants for the coming grow will be seeded. It gives a real scale of time for how long it actually takes to go from a single wedge on a healthy agar plate to what will be 12 Monotubs worth of fruit.

So before we talk about what we did during today's prepratory session let's recap what we've done so far:

In day 0 we conceptualized the grow and made a roadmap for it. It included announcing the project and starting this log

In day 0ii we purchased supplies to go ahead and get the grow started. After the supplies was organized at home we began construction of LC lids and constructed lids for agar plates and prepared and sterilized 8 fresh agar plates

In Day 0iii we inoculated our 8 fresh agar plates with wedges from one of two featured M217-b plates. Afterward we finished construction of our liquid culture lids and we got enough grain soaking for 3 preliminary grain jars which brings us into

Day 0iv. Today we prepared and sterilized two 300ml batches of LC medium. The recipe we followed is 285ml water and 15grams 100% honey loaded into jars and steam sterilized at 15psi for 12minutes:

As our LCs ran their short PC cycle we drained and strained our grain from last night. Got it tissue test passable and loaded it into three of our jars. We covered the mouths with pieces cut from our painters coveralls then screwed on our grain spawn lids from Day 0ii:

Grain jars sterilized for 90 minutes at 15psi.

It should be noted all LC and grain jars had their mouths wrapped in foil before going into the pressure cooker.

So after tomorrows SAB sterile work procedure inoculating our LC's and preliminary grain jars, we will have 5-7 days down time while everything starts colonizing. We will fill the gap with progress pics of our agar plates from last night as well as the grains from tomorrow's inoculation!

See ya then!

--------------------

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Trusted Cultivator
    #25990999 - 05/13/19 09:34 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

So pumped to watch this :awetongue:

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

Offlinelovepotion
Unconditional
 User Gallery

Loc: In transit
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Psicomb]
    #25991026 - 05/13/19 09:43 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Staying Out to Lunch

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: lovepotion]
    #25991045 - 05/13/19 09:51 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Keep it up!
Looking forward to this :takingnotes:

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Puduwoke] * 1
    #25992829 - 05/14/19 05:35 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

DAY 1

I'd like to start today's entry by saying FUCK Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez...she's hot n all but she's a cunt.

Anyway Day 1 ticked on here today as we mangled our second of 2 featured M217-b plates. By mangled of course I mean that we orchestrated a breezy session in the SAB today inoculating the two prepared LC's from last night as well as all three prepared grain jars. Admittedly less than a third of an agar plate per quart is a little low on the vector scale but I believe we will manage fine.

I've been doing my sterile work in front of my laminar flowhood for so long now being back in a SAB for a featured home grow is a little challenging...very nostalgic.

So here are a few pics of today's bounty:

And now for the next week or so it is the Waiting Game. Good news: the 8 agar plates we inoculated are all about to take off. They definitely alive and kicking.

Alright.

Will post pics of the agar plates when they feeling more photogenic...and once our grain jars start making moves we will keep you updated on those too...other than that...we wait for our Flagship LC's to colonize and mentally prepare to inoculate 60 jars of grains ...oh joy.

--------------------

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Trusted Cultivator
    #25992868 - 05/14/19 05:58 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:headbang3:

--------------------

Wearing a mask is bad for my physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
Complying = Consent
Wide Mouth 1/2 Pint No-Pour TEK
TC Teks & Links

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Mycologist217] * 1
    #25992884 - 05/14/19 06:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mycologist217 said:
DAY 1

I'd like to start today's entry by saying FUCK Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez...she's hot n all but she's a cunt.

takes one to know one... carry on.

:classictroll:

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.
2020 new years grow along

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: J. Jack Flash]
    #25992907 - 05/14/19 06:19 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Whoevers guess between now and the time the first grain jar gets inoculated with LC is closest to the actual date of the appearance of the first pin produced by this grow will receive one of the 8 plates from Day 0iii. These plates do feature M217-b.

Unfortunately I have retired M217-a and the actual genetics have been exhausted. However whomever can predict the dry weight of the first flush of the first tub of this grow  to the closest gram will receive Spore swabs from M217-a mushrooms.

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#25992970 - 05/14/19 06:42 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I'd say you will see pins 16 days into fruiting ..

--------------------

Offlinelovepotion
Unconditional
 User Gallery

Loc: In transit
    #25993657 - 05/15/19 01:26 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

However whomever can predict the dry weight of the first flush of the first tub of this grow to the closest gram will receive Spore swabs from M217-a mushrooms.

!!! 164.6 grams dry !!!  (Mostly just wanted an excuse to quote someone saying “however whomever”)

Edited by lovepotion (05/15/19 05:34 AM)

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

Loc: North/Western WA Flag
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: lovepotion]
    #25993701 - 05/15/19 02:12 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleSunnyDayze
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #25993867 - 05/15/19 06:32 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:klanwatch:

Really wanted to participate but have to settle for just following along!

Fun idea!

--------------------

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: SunnyDayze]
    #25994043 - 05/15/19 09:27 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I guessing, 14 days until you start seeing pinning from inoculation.

Edit: June 8th for pins.
I gave you 4 days for LC to grow and a couple days for you to check it on agar. Then innoc, 4days to colonize jars,spawn, and 10 days to pin. Then threw a few days on just in case my timing is wrong.

Hope I'm close. I have never done LC so just going by what I have read.

Edited by newtomyc (05/15/19 12:26 PM)

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: newtomyc]
    #25994045 - 05/15/19 09:28 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Guess dates y'all

--------------------

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25994054 - 05/15/19 09:35 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe I missed it but what size tubs and how many mycoquarts?

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Just_A_Noob]
    #25994101 - 05/15/19 09:58 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

The giveaway offer is this:

Whoever guesses the Date the first pin featured in this log emerges wins a plate of M217-b. Guesses must be submitted before the first grain jar gets inoculated with LC (LC was inoculated yesterday...so about a week to submit guesses.

Whoever guess the dry weight of the first flush of the first tub to fruit to the closest gram wins Spore swabs from an M217-a mushroom. Guesses must also be submitted before the first grain jar gets inoculated with LC.

Grow is going to be a 12 tub grow featuring 66qt monos with 5qts spawn each.

--------------------

Edited by Mycologist217 (05/15/19 09:58 AM)

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25994173 - 05/15/19 10:58 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

July 3rd

245g

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Just_A_Noob]
    #25994353 - 05/15/19 01:15 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Mine would be June 10th and I'll say 204.7

--------------------

Offlinetowndaze
Diviner
I'm a teapot

#25994554 - 05/15/19 03:13 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Following alone eagerly.

--------------------
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Loc: Valleys Of Neptune
    #25994563 - 05/15/19 03:23 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I’m going to guess June 17th and 196 grams:rockon:

--------------------
How I make and preserve tea

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

Offlinetowndaze
Diviner
I'm a teapot

#25994586 - 05/15/19 03:34 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

June 29th
230 g

--------------------

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: towndaze]
    #25994855 - 05/15/19 06:44 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

June 12th
253g

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #25994865 - 05/15/19 06:48 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Fathers Day for the first born.

--------------------

InvisibleSunnyDayze
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #25995777 - 05/16/19 08:24 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

July 1 (for Canada Day 🍁) and 203g dry.

I kept thinking they were mini’s so had to re read after everyone’s guesses.  Thanks for clarifying.

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: SunnyDayze] * 1
    #25996454 - 05/16/19 05:00 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

DAY 3-

All 8 plates seem to have been transferred cleanly. The myc is starting to expand radially out by now on all 8 plates. I will let them grow out for a couple more days before selecting which will be the prize plate.

The three grain jars have recovered from their inoculation/initial shake. The mycelium from the agar wedges in the grains has started to colonize the surrounding grains. Should be picture worthy by this time tomorrow or Saturday morning.

Our LC's usually take a few more days to make it apparent something is growing in it, but the agar wedges have become saturated and have sank to the bottom of the jars. The wedges get covered in sediment and in the opening days of the LC's life the sediment is indistinguishable from the growing mycelium.

Keep the good vibes coming and I'll post update pictures tomorrow or Saturday

--------------------

Offlinejosevzs
In the court of the Crimson King

#25996500 - 05/16/19 05:27 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I'll say June 7th and 1977.7g
Worderful work! :rofl:

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: josevzs] * 1
    #25997839 - 05/17/19 11:54 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 4-

So now that the 8 plates we made have had several days to colonize, half of them look very very good! 3 of them are a lacking a little in growth so it's harder to tell how they actually look, and one is appearing to have a satellite, but still hard to tell. The prize plate will definitely be one of these three:

The three grain Jars from Day 1 are approaching their first shake. I will more than likely be administering that tomorrow:

The agar wedges in the LC are getting a little bulkier but still no where near ready for testing/using. Gonna give the LC another week probably. It will be worth a picture soon but not yet.

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26002062 - 05/19/19 05:45 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

DAY 6-

The grain jars are really exploding to life after their first shake. The mycelium looks healthy so far and unimpeded by competition.

The two LC's are lacking any real luster so far. There are a couple small clouds of stuff in each but nothing to be too certain about.

I went ahead and chose a really really nice looking plate from day 0iii and used it to noc up a third LC. Did something a little different this time and put two agar wedges in. The wedges came directly from the leading edge of the nicest looking plate we had.

Hopefully over the next seven days activity in this newest third LC will match or overtake the progress of the first two. Either way, a week from now we should be ready to start sterilizing our first of 60 grain jars.

Pics tomorrow of the grain jars and the prize plate chosen for the giveaway!

Good vibes. FUCK AOC

--------------------

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

#26002248 - 05/19/19 07:34 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:sip:

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26002957 - 05/20/19 08:26 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:creepylurker:

My guesses are June 19 and 220 g.

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineUncleHoyphae
Curious noob
I'm a teapot

Loc: Vietnam Flag
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: ttching8475]
    #26002970 - 05/20/19 08:34 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

June 16th and 202g

OfflineApc123
Mushroom momma
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: UncleHoyphae]
    #26002992 - 05/20/19 08:59 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

June 17th (wait u said the first pin that appears on this thread, are we guessing for the jars that are already inoculated with the agar or are u talking about the jars inoculated with LC?)

161g dry weight.

Edited by Apc123 (05/20/19 09:08 AM)

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Apc123]
    #26003062 - 05/20/19 09:56 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Just about to ask that.  I assumed the LC but IDK

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Just_A_Noob] * 1
    #26003065 - 05/20/19 09:58 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

First pins to appear in this log [period]

--------------------

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26003067 - 05/20/19 09:59 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Damn I lost

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

Offlineibuprofemin
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: UncleHoyphae]
    #26003112 - 05/20/19 10:24 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

June 20 and 249 g

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: ibuprofemin]
    #26005783 - 05/21/19 03:42 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

DAY 8-

So it was 1 week ago today that we inoculated our first LC's and the three preliminary grain jars.

After a couple days recovery the grain jars were given a thorough shaking and allowed to recover and work over the last 4-5 days. Over the weekend, the two Liquid cultures hadn't really taken off yet or shown much activity, so we went ahead and prepared a 3rd one using not 1 but 2 wedges from the prettiest plate prepared on day 0iii.

Since Sunday...things have really booked to life in both of the first two LC's with the one in the squat pint jar looking particularly active. Part of me just wants to wait for the third one because of how active and pretty the mycelium was on the plate. The first two LC's we're prepared with a plate that had been in cold storage for several months. It will be a choice I'll be making on Friday or Saturday when the preceding LC's will be too ready to test/use to ignore anymore.

When we start soaking and sterilizing grain this weekend we will be rolling with whole oats. I've never featured whole oats in an active log on the Shroomery, but I use them pretty exclusively for my gourmets. They are way gentler on the labor than WBS and for 60 jars, oats is what I'm going with.

Went ahead and gave the three preliminary grain jars another shake today. Hopefully they won't need another. I'd estimate them each about 25-30% colonized. Not terrible after a week given that each was inoculated using only about 25-30% of one small agar plate. The grains look slightly dry, but I'm not too worried about it, the mycelium all looked nice. Hopefully they be done in another 5-7days.:

To be honest, I've been kind of not growing actives for a while and with the gourmets it's so much easier using the flow  hood at the farm. For my home active grows I used the same Still Air Box from way back when I started growing in 2012 until I stopped growing actives last year. It had the arm holes cut on the short sides (one on each side) instead of both being in the broader front face of the box. For the one I built in my new house, I put the holes on the front and I miss my old SAB...still getting used to this style of it...hope the inoculations go well...I'm sure they will provided the LC is clean...and at least one of them will be.

We will see you again when we start soaking some oats!

Keep the good vibes coming. Have a good week.

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26008077 - 05/22/19 07:47 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

DAY 9

I thought I wouldn't be back with you guys til the weekend but the LC in the squat pint is simply too active to ignore anymore.

I got some bird seed soaking right bow (5qts) worth to sterilize tomorrow and noc up on Friday. We will know by Sunday if our LC is clean! I'm planning on doing about 3.5mls per jar so I should have 5-7 day colonization times for each quart.

The grain jars all 3 recovered beautifully from yesterday's shake and they are on their way to full colonization! We should be spawning the preliminary mini tub by Tuesdayish.

Don't forget to get your guesses in for the plate and spores give aways! Guesses gotta be in before I inoculate the first jars with LC on Friday! Whoever guesses to the closest day the emergence of the first pin of this grow wins an M217-b plate, and whoever guesses the weight to the closest dry gram of the first full size mono to flush wins M217-a spores.

--------------------

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

#26008103 - 05/22/19 08:05 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26008336 - 05/22/19 10:57 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

217, we’re going to need see some day 10 pics of the grains & the LC’s.

:uhno:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: ttching8475]
    #26008728 - 05/23/19 06:15 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

DAY 10-

Quote:

ttching8475 said:
217, we’re going to need see some day 10 pics of the grains & the LC’s.

:uhno:

Just for you:

The myc in the grain jars still looking very healthy, clean, and unimpeded!

The myc density in the LC is getting greater all the time!

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26008886 - 05/23/19 08:07 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:tellmeastory:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineZakkery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: ttching8475] * 1
    #26009347 - 05/23/19 01:01 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Watching and learning. As well as making my move from lurker to poster.

Also June 15th, 212g.

OfflineSamAtticus
Male User Gallery

#26009509 - 05/23/19 02:20 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Following :hi:

--------------------

"I learn by going where I have to go." Theodore Roethke

Bod's AF Search Engine Tek

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: SamAtticus]
    #26009513 - 05/23/19 02:22 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

sh4d0ws is in the house

Looking forward to your fruits :smile:

Really thinking I should have cloned this MS PE I just ran that did super well...but I took none! :facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #26009628 - 05/23/19 03:20 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 10 cont-

So we went ahead and got seven quarts of grain sterilizing right now to be inoculated in the morning! I wrapped an empty syringe in foil and put it in with the grain to sterilize.

We also made the decision to make some grain jar lids out of the metal lids that came with the jars. We drilled two 1/4" holes in 14 metal lids and went ahead and applied high temp silicon to one of the holes on each lid to create a ship. This will be easier than the poly filled stuff injection ports I usually use.  The other hole on each lid will be crafted into a gas  exchange filter. I'll post pictures tomorrow after the silicon sets and the filters are completed.

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26011426 - 05/24/19 05:04 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 11-

It is now too late to submit guesses to enter into the give away. Good Luck to all those who submitted guesses!

With that said, the first seven grain jars have been inoculated with LC. Each of the seven jars was inoculated with 2.5-3.5mls of LC. I filled the syringe twice for the procedure.

On one of the inoculations, needle cooled so rapidly that it pulled the polyfill filter out of the lid. I replaced it promptly after the procedure.

I foresaw the issues with the polyfill filter and the hot needle, so yesterday I started construction of grain jar lids with SHIPs, and simple GE filters.

Working on cranking these out in Mass over the next few days. Went ahead and got 14 ready to keep soaking, sterilizing,and inoculating grain.

Will post pictures of inoculated grain as they start colonizing...clean or dirty.

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26014342 - 05/26/19 01:05 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 13-

So Late last night I checked the jars inoculated Friday afternoon with our LC and all seven are showing distinct mycelial growth! This indicates a clean LC as any present contamination would show first thing first. We move forward!

What to expect about 36ish hours after inoculation with clean LC:

Very good! We went ahead and sterilized the next batch of grain last night and will be inoculating it this afternoon.

Our 3 preliminary grain jars are very quickly approaching full colonization! And should be ready to spawn by Wednesdayish:

We are still cranking out our SHIPped up grain jar lids:

And here's a photo of the tall LC which remains untested:

Keep the good Vibes coming. Happy Memorial Day

--------------------

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

#26014446 - 05/26/19 02:10 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:toast:

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26014498 - 05/26/19 02:47 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Are you innoculating with the tall, untested LC pictured here?

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26014527 - 05/26/19 03:07 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Not today. Today i'm going to use the squat one I already tested. I'll use the tall one tomorrow and we will know by Tuesday or Wednesday if it is clean.

And we still have the third LC catching up too

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26014540 - 05/26/19 03:13 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Got it. I had been thinking you’d already used the squat LC up. Did you aspirate the entire LC into syringes during the previous inoculation session or just enough for the test jars?

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26014544 - 05/26/19 03:15 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I just fill up a single syringe during inoculations. Using about 3mls of LC per jar.

--------------------

OfflineThufir_Hawat
Mentat
I'm a teapot

#26014634 - 05/26/19 04:17 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

A cultivation thread with learning objectives??? Love it! :takingnotes:

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Thufir_Hawat]
    #26016904 - 05/27/19 06:57 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 14-

So here we are two weeks into our experiment! I for one like ruman numerals. I would say we are bang on course. Admittedly we are a little behind Bod's godspeed timeline in his Tek list, but hey, that's perfectly okay, as it really is a game of style and I enjoy my style. It is important for you all reading and learning along to cultivate your own style alongside the fruits you produce. There should be a point where you move from just following steps written by those who came before you to actually understanding the why of it all, and then after that: development of your very own style and real foundation in mushroom cultivation. That is why I like to do these real time grow logs; so you all can see the various little gadgets and Jerry rigs and vessels and $1.50 pieces of hardware you can use to reliably cultivate these magical fruit and then later maybe food to feed your community and loved ones.

At any rate, things really are getting busy here a couple weeks into the major summer grow. 2/3 of the first three grain jars are just about fully colonized and the minitub from them will be spawned in the next few days!

This will admittedly be my first time doing anything smaller than a full 66qt mono so let's see if I can pull it off.

Very exciting. I was digging through some of the boxes in my garage and I found these:

And this afternoon we did our first inoculation cycle with the taller pint of LC prepared in day 1. Our total jars inoculated now are at 21/63 with jars 22-28 going into sterilization later this even for inoculation tomorrow.

A couple of the jars inoculated on Friday we're looking like this today:

Picture doesn't do it justice. looks great in person. Anyway the ones that were this far along got a good shaking.

Things are really moving along and with the first mini tub being spawned sometime this week, the first pins to be featured in this grow long might not be far off.

I bought Jiffy mix at Walmart today , and got some gypsum and vermiculite so add that to the materials list. And a five gallon bucket with lid.

I might stop inoculating jars after 35 and wait til some filly colonize and reuse the jars then Because I kind of don't want to buy 3 more cases of jars but we'll see. I'll let you know...see you at the bucket Tek so we can talk about that.

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#26017056 - 05/27/19 08:03 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

My lc never looks that good after that short a time I have about a 50cent size piece from Thursday Haha.. it usually takes about a week for me to get that kinda grothe showing maybe more

Looking good my friend

--------------------

Offlinetowndaze
Diviner
I'm a teapot

#26017091 - 05/27/19 08:19 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mycologist217 said:

I foresaw the issues with the polyfill filter and the hot needle, so yesterday I started construction of grain jar lids with SHIPs, and simple GE filters.

Working on cranking these out in Mass over the next few days. Went ahead and got 14 ready to keep soaking, sterilizing,and inoculating grain.

Will post pictures of inoculated grain as they start colonizing...clean or dirty.

What do you use to construct your filters?

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: towndaze]
    #26017153 - 05/27/19 08:53 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Painters coveralls and cloth medical tape. The painters coveralls are available at any Hardware store and can be cut up into thousands of filter squares or hundreds of whole mouth disc filters.

--------------------

OfflineElderlyone
That guy.

#26017360 - 05/27/19 11:46 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:takingnotes:

Offlinethecynicalstoic
Cheap Beginner
Male

Loc: CO, US
    #26017606 - 05/28/19 05:22 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Am I the only one who wishes they have something like a painter's tie? I've got one of them too. The cuffs are both gone. I don't know if I'll ever use it all up.

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: thecynicalstoic]
    #26018851 - 05/28/19 04:42 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 15-

I think the painter coveralls ive been using are very different from ones I've used in the past. Almost like it's coated in plastic. I suspect some compromises to so grain filters, but we are going to keep on trucking as the filters worked fine for my agar plates.

I might go back to simple polyfill injection ports from here on out as they are tried tested and true.

Lots of colonization going on in the LC inoculated grain jars, but nothing like the round from Friday which is sporting the plastic lids with polyfill injection ports.

Several jars from Friday have already undergone the first shake and now everything is chilling out for a few days.

I am only going to be sterilizing enough grain tonight for the remaining 5 jars from the original 36 I started with. Of the 36, 28 have already been inoculated with LC and 3 were the preliminary grain jars...

The three preliminary grain jars are about fully colonized! Two are done in fact, and the third (had way less agar plate in than the other two) is catching up fast, so hopefully we will be spawning a minitub on Thursday...no pics today unless you really need to see the preliminary grain jars.

Feel free to post any questions regarding the technique, materials, or procedure.

--------------------

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

#26018865 - 05/28/19 04:46 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:sip:

--------------------

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #26018982 - 05/28/19 05:44 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mycologist217 said:
polyfill injection ports.

Are you worried about pushing in nasties through the polyfil/port?

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26019007 - 05/28/19 05:53 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Not really. I take the foil off the jars in the sill air box as the needle is sterilizing. All my grows here on the Shroomery have sported just polyfill ports...I should note that I also put a tyvek sheet (painters coveralls) over the mouth of every jar before I screw on the lid.

--------------------

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #26019011 - 05/28/19 05:55 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:thaaannks:

Gotcha

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26020608 - 05/29/19 02:17 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 16-

We now have 33 qts of birdseed shot up with LC. Today's round only had 5 qts in it. I went ahead and used 10ml LC in each of the give quarts today from the tall LC from day 0.

Pretty much every jar inoculated prior to today shows some good mycelial growth. All the jars inoculated Friday have already undergone a first shake and several have recovered.

I have a few unicorn bags from the farm I am thinking about inoculating with a few of the plates from Day 0iii. What do you guys think?

Anyway...minitub from first three preliminary grain jars gets spawned tomorrow.

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26020782 - 05/29/19 03:21 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:mitebecool:

Do you have pics of either of the LC’s which have gone to grains from when you considered them ready to use that we can see and discuss?

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26021232 - 05/29/19 05:49 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

About here was when I started using it.

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26021485 - 05/29/19 07:55 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mycologist217 said:

About here was when I started using it.

Looking pretty clear when compared to the first pic of the LC jars.

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26021605 - 05/29/19 08:51 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah the liquid gets clearer as the myc consumes the nutrients in solution.

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26022595 - 05/30/19 09:31 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 17-

Uggggh I really wanted to be showing you all the bucket Tek this afternoon but the slow grain jar of the three preliminary jars is being a little stubborn about catching up to it's brothers. It is not surprising given that the third jar was inoculated with just a couple.wedges while the other two each got many wedges dropped in. But as of this afternoon it will be at the earliest tomorrow before we can do the bucket Tek and spawn a mini mono with out agar inoculated preliminary grain jars.

The 33 LC inoculated grain jars are really booming to life, and the first seven that were inoculated on Friday (Day 11) are about 50-60% colonized already.

Hopefully the next entry we will be talking about the bucket Tek and spawn ratios, and substrate recipe

Keep the good vibes coming.

--------------------

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

#26022926 - 05/30/19 12:59 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I know I'm late, but for shits and giggles I'm guessing 155g dry from your first tub. First pins June 14th.

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #26024335 - 05/31/19 06:13 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Just want to take a second to reflect upon the success of the equipment we built for this grow so far. all of our lids including the gas exchange filters and injection ports that we built onto them have worked flawlessly thus far. At this point hour to liquid cultures have been used to inoculate three dozen jars just about and not a single one has contaminated. These drivers have been touched a lot moved around, shaken, stirred, kept in a closet in a room where lots of weed gt smoked....just really proud of my lids.

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26027950 - 06/01/19 10:15 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 19-

Here we are about 19 days in since we inoculated our first two LC's and first 3 preliminary grain jars.

As though of you following along k ow, we inoculated our first seven grain qts with LC last Friday (Day 11ish) and they are now colonizing away. We will likely be spawning the first 2 or 3 of 12 full size monos this coming week, as our grain jars reach full colonization!

Every single one of our first 33 qts has at least undergone it's first shake, probably only needing one throughout colonization, maybe two. A couple jars are looking like there is a little bacteria present, but honestly...I don't really think there is. Everything is still looking really nice minus a bad photo of one jar about 36hours after LC inoculation prior to it's first shake, but I assure you in person you can see clearly that it is a healthy looking jar....either way... bacteria or no bacteria...all 33 of the our first 33 jars will make it to spawning and be part of a full sized Monotub.

Exciting things today:

Finally after 18 days we got to spawn a mini Monotub with our 3 preliminary grain jars! Remember these three jars were all inoculated with less than 33% of a single agar plate, so the slow colonization is expected. But truthfully, I didn't mind waiting.

This morning we cut a coir brick in half and put one half of it through the Bucket Tek along with 1.25qts vermiculite, a small handful of water and approximately 3qts boiling water.

After it was cooled we collected our three colonized preliminary grain jars, opened them up and smelled that beautiful alkaline smell of fresh fungus! We filled them with some cool water and let them rest in it while I got the tub ready to spawn:

We lined our minitub with a black liner and poured in about half our CVG before dumping in all three grain jars (now drained and broken up with the handle of a wooden spoon). We spread that mixture out to blanket the floor of the tub completely...getting it to the corners, then dumped in the rest of our substrate and mixed. After mixing we brought it to a nice even plane and trimmed our liner down...

The lid was placed on and the tub was set aside somewhere peaceful to colonize! I expect it to be ready for casing by Tuesday evening. To whomever predicted June 14th for the first pin... your guess is looking pretty good right now!

We will be back with you later in the week as we start spawning our full sized Monotubs!

Keep the good vibes coming! Have a wonderful weekend...and as always: FUCK AOC

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26035377 - 06/05/19 09:59 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:standingby:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Loc: ally known as ... Flag
    #26035506 - 06/06/19 12:22 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Caps McGee]
    #26037222 - 06/06/19 08:18 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 24:

Hey again you guys! So over the last five days we've just been watching everything colonize, and now it's time to do stuff again!

Firstly over the last several days our minimono did work:

It's time pasteurize some casing for it and put it in fruiting conditions...we'll do it tomorrow.

Next about 15/33 grain jars are at full colonization which is great because it hasn't even been two weeks since any of them got inoculated! So we'll also be doing at least one bucket tek a day over the weekend to get our first three tubs spawned!

Oh and I suppose, by the middle of next week we will be spawning the next three tubs.

Of course we will also be starting new rounds of grain to shoot up with 3rd LC we prepared as jars become available. We will be doing another 33 jars. (33 to support a 10% loss rate just in case).

It's looking like I a choice to make. We can either use 6 qts of grain in 3 tubs or we can do another 3qt minimono. What do you all think?

Good luck to all who guessed about pins, after I case the first minimono tomorrow it should only be 10-11 days til pins!

Keep the good vibes coming and don't forget to remember the fallen soldiers of D day who gave their lives to.preserve our right to persue this hobby freely within our homes

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26039936 - 06/08/19 10:44 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 26-

Large tubs have begun getting spawned.

The preliminary minimono has been cased and fruited!

Let the countdown begins!

Please post any detailed questions you have about the construction and assembly of the Monotub!

And with the casing/fruiting of our minimono, the countdown to pins is on as casing marks the last labor stop before mushrooms!

Good luck to all those who guessed on pin dates! June 17th looking pretty good!

Bonus pics

Edited by Mycologist217 (06/08/19 10:46 AM)

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#26040088 - 06/08/19 11:58 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Looking good brother .. are you just spawning jars to tubs or do you g2g to bags then to tubs?

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Boogieman47]
    #26040131 - 06/08/19 12:25 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Just 5 qt jars straight to each tub.

--------------------

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#26040308 - 06/08/19 02:23 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Hey 217,

Could I trouble you to snap a closeup pic of one of those jars that are extremely white. Like to compare with my jars.

Zooming in on those pics are to blurry for me to really compare.

Only if you don't mind.

--------------------
JJ

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26040414 - 06/08/19 03:47 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Can you take us through how you prep your casing?

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26040718 - 06/08/19 07:23 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ttching8475 said:
Can you take us through how you prep your casing?

Absolutely!

It all starts with:

This is a product available pretty readily from your local Walmart's and home Depot. It contains a mixture of peat moss, lime, coir, and vermiculite (basically it is a ready made casing mix).

I add water to it slowly to bring it to field capacity. For me I call it done when it is not runny but when squeezed will release a small stream/droplets of water.

After hydrated to field capacity, I pasteurize it in jars in hot water bath at 161F for 60-90minutes.

I then apply a very thin layer to my fully colonized tub and put into fruiting conditions:

Jiffy mix is the way to go for casing PE

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26040835 - 06/08/19 09:08 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Last night's tub only 20 hours after spawning:

--------------------

Offlinelilwoman
Stranger
    #26040851 - 06/08/19 09:23 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Totally lurking!

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: lilwoman]
    #26041602 - 06/09/19 10:51 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Ok... would the lime not serve a purpose and render pasteurization unnecessary? Like, have you tried running it slightly hydrated straight from the bag? I've cased kings with unpasteuruzed cactus soil mixed with lime and had no issue: might could save yourself some time and effort? Great rebound for 20 hours! You think soaking contributes to a speedy recovery? Using oats for spawn? Sorry if it's all been stated, I must've missed it

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Caps McGee]
    #26041841 - 06/09/19 01:46 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Unproperly pasteurized jiffy mix is a green mold magnet. I believe it is Peat that benefits from it as it harbors microbials. To my best understanding the lime serves as a pH buffer.

--------------------

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
    #26041888 - 06/09/19 02:11 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, peat by itself...or whatever mixture they sell in the stores is about 6.5 pH. Lime brings up that to 7+.

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Asura]
    #26042053 - 06/09/19 03:24 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting... additional lime to make the pH inhospitable perhaps? Just curious

OfflineElderlyone
That guy.

#26042363 - 06/09/19 06:29 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

You hold the casing at 161 for 60 to 90 mins. I've always been told  140-160 was the pocket and not to go above 160. But I have been fighting with mean green recently, so this might be my problem.

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Elderlyone]
    #26042367 - 06/09/19 06:31 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

160-170... dont exceed 170 for proper pasteurization

140-160 is for milk
:kittylaugh:

OfflineElderlyone
That guy.

#26042381 - 06/09/19 06:38 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Well that might be my solution. Followed This Tek.

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Elderlyone]
    #26042406 - 06/09/19 06:52 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FrankHorrigan said:

If the temp goes over 170F for more than ten or fifteen minutes, you will start to partially sterilize your substrate. It'd be best to toss it and try again. Since we spawn to bulk in open air, a partially sterilized substrate is often as shitty as an unpasteurized substrate.

Bear in mind though, if you are pasteurizing just coir and verm, you can probably get away with it. Coir is very contam resistant.

:snoopyes:

Exactly... are you using poo? Just curious as to why not just bucket tek?

I'd say 160 is likely the sweet spot for proper pasteurization

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26042440 - 06/09/19 07:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Day 27-

Got our second of first six tubs spawned today! Things are going swimmingly!

First things first

Quote:

newtomyc said:
Hey 217,

Could I trouble you to snap a closeup pic of one of those jars that are extremely white. Like to compare with my jars.

Zooming in on those pics are to blurry for me to really compare.

Only if you don't mind.

Here you go:

Just watching everything munch down for a few days now. Will be spawning another tub tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday!

Munch pics:

Minimono 40hours after casing/fruiting

First big tub 40hours after spawning:

Newly spawned tub:

--------------------

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#26043499 - 06/10/19 09:55 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the close up!

--------------------
JJ

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: newtomyc] * 1
    #26044825 - 06/10/19 09:18 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

64hours since spawning:

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#26044862 - 06/10/19 09:34 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Looking bad ass man good shit myco :yougoodjob:

--------------------

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx

#26044913 - 06/10/19 09:59 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

That minimono is gonna be rocking it soon...can't wait to see how your PE clone looks dude :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #26044961 - 06/10/19 10:26 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Looking at the first tub, I think my guess of 6/19 may be going to miss the first pin date in the project by -7 to -3 days. :awesomenod:

:baseballfuck:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: ttching8475] * 1
    #26044966 - 06/10/19 10:28 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Oh forgot to include minimono 64hours post fruiting:

I expect it to start pinning on Sunday...so whoever guessed father's day is looking pretty good.

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#26044986 - 06/10/19 10:39 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

That was NC there were a few guessing around those dates I said today Haha

--------------------

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#26045292 - 06/11/19 05:34 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I guessed the 8th. Oh well.

Tubs look awesome!

--------------------
JJ

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: newtomyc] * 2
    #26046902 - 06/11/19 09:17 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Tub#3 coming tomorrow

--------------------

InvisibleSunnyDayze
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery

#26046919 - 06/11/19 09:30 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:rockon:

I was way off, think I was confused 😂. Looking great!

--------------------

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: SunnyDayze]
    #26047172 - 06/12/19 01:23 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26054017 - 06/15/19 12:47 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

DAY 32-

All 6 of the first six tubs have been spawned. Two have been cased and fruited.

Seeing as how I pretty thoroughly covered that process already, I won't be updating on tubs much until pinsets start coming in next weekendish.

The minimono is knotting up like crazy and is ready to pop, just gotta wait to see when, but definitely in the next couple days or so.

I got some oats in the last week and I have begun the process of getting the second batch of 30 jars inoculated with the third LC we made from the prettiest of the initial 8 transfers! That LC looks gorgeous!

Pics of first pins coming soon!

I will update on the oat grain jars as they colonize.

--------------------

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

#26054535 - 06/15/19 07:18 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

:toast::hatsoff:

--------------------

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: SFS96]
    #26056165 - 06/16/19 04:52 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SFS96 said:
I’m going to guess June 17th and 196 grams:rockon:

Fingers crossed for tomorrow :mushroom2::mushroom2:

--------------------

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: SFS96]
    #26059878 - 06/18/19 03:46 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like the first flush on the minitub will be these Microblobs...

When knotting goes too far:

I expect it to get it's energy sorted out by the end of the week and make a nice "2nd" flush

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#26059897 - 06/18/19 03:54 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I had some do that to me they get so blobbed I wasnt getting any descent fruits .. what would make the culture do that ? It seems the bags I had with more moisture pinned better then the ones getting more fae

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26060303 - 06/18/19 07:00 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

There is definitely a pin or two in the minitub mixed in with all the microblob knotting. I'm gonna wait a day or so to confirm but I think the date for the Pin guess giveaway will be June 18th

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#26060534 - 06/18/19 08:51 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I knew I was out when you posted the cased tubs Haha pretty bad ass of you for dropping this game on us myco you're one of the dudes I appreciate and respect around here keep on keeping on my friend

--------------------

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#26061123 - 06/19/19 05:28 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I think I'm getting blobs in on my first PE grow. Started it around the same time you started this grow.

--------------------
JJ

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26061205 - 06/19/19 06:47 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

It looks like no one guessed the 18th. I see two guesses for 6/17...

...and mine for today

:cujo:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26066218 - 06/21/19 06:39 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Minitub is really starting to pop. The first flush of Microblobs blued the other day gave me a start but it's all gravy...

Ttching, I'm declaring you the winner as I confirmed pin presence on your day.

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26066608 - 06/21/19 09:53 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

:knockmeonmyass:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26067596 - 06/22/19 12:46 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Minitub blooming popping like crazy:

--------------------

OfflineApc123
Mushroom momma
Female User Gallery

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Apc123]
    #26067676 - 06/22/19 01:33 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Apc123 said:
June 17th

161g dry weight.

Oh boy I might actually win :grin::dancer:

I got my eye on u SFS96! :lol: looks like its coming down to the weight...

--------------------
The thing about deceit is, you don't know your being deceived...

The only thing I am sure about is that I know nothing - socrates

Believe nothing you hear and half of what u see.

Edited by Apc123 (06/22/19 01:36 PM)

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

#26067927 - 06/22/19 04:59 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Apc123 said:
Quote:

Apc123 said:
June 17th

161g dry weight.

Oh boy I might actually win :grin::dancer:

I got my eye on u SFS96! :lol: looks like its coming down to the weight...

Ha we shall see:rockon:

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: SFS96] * 1
    #26074727 - 06/26/19 09:36 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Minitub finishing up its first flush!

First full size tub has started pinning...pics later

APC123 if you guessed 17th for pin date I think you will have to be the winner on that giveaway. Really sorry Ttching but there were definitely pins on the 17th.

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

#26074742 - 06/26/19 09:42 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

:unwanted:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

OfflineSpaceboom
Stranger

#26074800 - 06/26/19 10:15 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Hey there! Thanks for the much needed info.not sure if I'm doing this rite but I'm going to go for it.my tubs look like your day 5 tubs but are 9days in...I was taught a tek that the tub is placed in a garbage bag with no light or GE(obviously)to encourage pinning when the  bag is removed and the light and ge is introduced.is this necessary...I'm thinking not...how should I store my tubs

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Spaceboom]
    #26074936 - 06/26/19 11:25 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I kept these tubs on top of my dogs cage while they were colonizing

--------------------

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26079319 - 06/28/19 01:42 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

First big tub blobbing and pinning another awkward preflush:

Repurposed an old Furnace and ac coil into a drying cabinet...still gotta do some wiring such as adding an on/off switch (right now it's just a plug) I put several screen racks into it so with plenty of room for more. They fit super snug. I gotta plus up some of the open space inside.

It dried mushrooms in about 20 hours

--------------------

Invisiblettching8475
Spawn

Re: ~INTERACTIVE SUMMER GROW 2019~ PRESENTING THE M217-B PE CLONE~ LAB MANUAL STYLE WITH PICS [Re: Mycologist217] * 2
    #26116629 - 07/18/19 06:26 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

:standingby:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates