Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next >
Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: LightShedder]
    #25999027 - 05/18/19 02:20 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:
America was relatively homogenous untill the 20th century immegration. Mostly English and German

Yeah except for the whole 20% to 15% African American population, all of the hundreds of different native lineages, the intermixing Spanish/Hispanic, French as we took over their former territories, the influx of Irish, and Scottish peoples - various Scandinavian and Russian immigrations, huge influx of Chinese and other asians in the mid 1800s... and THEN the 20th century immigrations... only the most diverse mixing of cultures/ethnicities in any one place like... ever on the face of the Earth :rofl:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: twighead]
    #25999146 - 05/18/19 05:37 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Relatively homogenous as in, until that late 20th century immigration you casually tried to slip in with other relatively benign immigration factors, America was predominantly white in ethnicity embracing a western European culture as a nation. Not no mo, my homie

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: Tantrika]
    #25999206 - 05/18/19 06:35 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tantrika said:
Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
na·tion·al·ism
noun
Identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

Do you think it is a good thing, a bad thing, or are you indifferent to it?

Do you feel that you are a citizen of your country or a citizen of the world?

Am relatively nationalistic Canadian
but not necessarily to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of others
consider Canada to be in a position to better develop our own supply chains
and figure doing so would benefit our country as well as the global economy

consider Canada's national right to have traditional indigenous citizens engage with the global trade market through seal hunting and export valid
and consider European efforts to ban said market to be efforts staked against Canada and her peoples

My request for this thread is this:
someone please sell me on loving the United States in a similar manner
am playing a lot of Fallout 76, and one of the main themes of the game is a sentiment that the survivors of nuclear war in the West Virginia area are effectively rebuilding America
am trying to take that to heart in a character way -- something about my character was so important that the United States decided to provide her with shelter from nuclear devestation
and now the task is one of how she can repay that to the remnants of the US community

am currently running a shop full of goods for other players
and selling them at the lowest feasible prices so that other people have more of an opportunity to build their lives back up
and have a poster in my store that says "Let's Rebuild America!"
but cannot find the nationalistic passion to work to unlock the nice clean US flag decorations and hang those up around my home

and keep worrying that my "let's try to benefit everyone!" attitude in selling is not capatilistic enough
could easily double or triple my prices and make more money selling people things they consider character necessities
but it seems to me that immediate implemenation of hierarchical structures and economic stratification would serve to harm rebuilding America more than help it

it also gives me the interesting question of whether my love for Canada is so complete that after surviving nuclear war in the US
would my sole ambition be to return to Canada's land and try to live in her post-apocalyptic environment,
or to instead attempt to bring Canadian Cheerfulness to my little slice of Appalachia

Have ended up giving away pro-Communism flyers in my shop, free for anyone to take while they purchase my low-cost goods

Bernie Sanders 2020
:bsflag:

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #25999225 - 05/18/19 06:57 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Communist flyers free with every free market capitalist purchase.

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: PatrickKn] * 1
    #25999228 - 05/18/19 06:59 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Free. Psh.  Some laborer paid for em...

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
    #25999249 - 05/18/19 07:14 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Communist flyers free with every free market capitalist purchase.

Wanted to do a :murica: smiley but apparently we don't have one

:gocanada:

also have a tendency to hide caches of free ammo in low-level areas for new players to find and make their lives easier
originally started leaving the flyers in the caches
am considering leaving the ammo in my shop with a 0 price tag so people can take it as they need
but am worried that the traffic in my area of the map will mean some high level player with lots of money and storage space takes the whole free batch and turns around and sells it

already have concerns with people bulk-buying my crafted medicines and reselling them
so try to have a price tag that deters bulk buying while still being affordable to players who have been scrounging for change as they level up

Quote:

LightShedder said:
Free. Psh.  Some laborer paid for em...

Even better, by lore they were created before the War in China
and my method of attaining them is looting them off of Chinese "Liberator" Robots
that were deployed by China to spread propaganda to the people surviving after the bombs

:pikatastic:

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: Tantrika]
    #25999295 - 05/18/19 07:39 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Sweet

--------------------

Invisiblemt cleverest
clevendafodil

#25999703 - 05/18/19 10:29 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

some people trying to turn this into a spiritual issue, but if you can't make room for separation and multiplicity in your oneness then its obviously not an all inclusive oneness.
do you guys also think we should do away with states in america? states promote separation, theyre evil! we should  just call ourselves United America! if youre proud of your home state then youre a bigot and not spiritually evolved! in fact if youre proud of anything that makes you different, you stand in the way of the globalist agenda and shall be burnt at the stake for crimes of noncomformity .
I really dont understand someone being in favor of a one world gov. do you not know about human nature? there needs to be checks and balances, otherwise you risk it all going to shit real fast. when gov corruption runs amok in countries like venezuela its not a huge loss in the grand scheme of things. but guess who will be in charge in a globalist system? the most power hungry people on the planet

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: mt cleverest]
    #25999726 - 05/18/19 10:42 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Excessive pride is sometimes defined as an inflated mind (similar to arrogance). It's not evil or bigotry, but simply a source of suffering.

Invisiblemt cleverest
clevendafodil

Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #25999774 - 05/18/19 11:17 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

how exactly is pride in ones state family ethnicity etc a source of suffering?
even on an individual level there needs to be a certain amount of pride or value of oneself in order to exert confidence, maintain healthy ego, not be a spineless walking mat etc.
if you want to talk about excessive pride, which I never mentioned, sure you could make an argument that it could serve as source of suffering but not in comparison to the alternative. this is a dog eat dog world after all

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: mt cleverest]
    #25999801 - 05/18/19 11:39 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Why do nationalism threads, that should be about pride in your nation, succumb to mudslinging fests directed at various ethnicities (including whites) and nations?

Answer that one and you know why nationalism shouldnt be your highest allegiance.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: Asante]
    #25999810 - 05/18/19 11:52 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

My alliegence is to mxe namaste!

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: twighead] * 1
    #25999819 - 05/18/19 11:58 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

60mg rectal MXE is a lot more tangible in 8 minutes than campaign promises in 8 years.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: Asante]
    #25999909 - 05/18/19 01:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A mother plotted for months to acquire a newborn before she and her daughter strangled a pregnant Chicago woman and cut her baby from her womb using a butcher’s knife, prosecutors said Friday as they revealed gruesome new details about the case.

Marlen Ochoa-Lopez, 19, was lured to the home where Clarisa Figueroa lived with her daughter, Desiree, by Facebook postings offering free baby clothes. When she arrived, the daughter showed her a photo album of her late brother to distract her as her mother started trying to strangle her with a chord, prosecutor Jim Murphy said.

When Ochoa-Lopez managed to get her fingers under the cord, Clarisa Figueroa yelled at her 24-year-old daughter — “You’re not doing your f---ing job!” The daughter then pried Ochoa-Lopez’s fingers from the cord “one by one” while her mother continued to strangle the teen for another five minutes, Murphy said.

Once Ochoa-Lopez showed no signs of life, Clarisa Figueroa cut her open with a butcher’s knife, removed the placenta and the baby, then put the baby in a bucket with the umbilical cord still attached, said Murphy, reading from court documents .

The plot may have originated in late 2018, when Clarisa Figueroa told her family she was pregnant and later posted on Facebook an ultrasound and photos of a room decorated for a baby. Desiree Figueroa was surprised, Murphy said, because her mother had previously had her fallopian tubes tied to prevent pregnancy.

Prosecutors highlighted that Clarisa Figueroa made the announcement about being pregnant not long after one of her adult sons had died of natural causes.

Clarisa Figueroa connected with Ochoa-Lopez on March 5 via a Facebook page for pregnant women. “Who is due in May?” Clarisa Figueroa asked in one message. “Where is the May mammas at?” Ochoa-Lopez, seven months’ pregnant at the time, responded, and Clarisa Figueroa made the offer of free clothes, prosecutors said.

When Clarisa Figueroa first asked her daughter to help her kill someone to get a baby, the daughter initially said no, Murphy said. He also revealed publicly for the first time that Desiree Figueroa is four months’ pregnant.

They first met with Ochoa-Lopez around April 1, though she left unharmed that day. Desiree Figueroa had told her boyfriend about her mother’s intention to kill Ochoa-Lopez, and he warned her he would call police if they harmed the young woman. The prosecutor said Clarisa Figueroa later told the boyfriend the whole scheme had been an April Fool’s joke.

Ochoa-Lopez was killed when she returned a second time on April 23. After killing her, the mother and daughter allegedly wrapped her in a blanket and put the body into a large plastic bag. They then dragged it outside and placed it in a garbage can in a hidden area next to their garage on Chicago’s Southwest Side, about 4 miles from Ochoa-Lopez’s own home, according to authorities.

Clarisa Figueroa then called 911, claiming that she had just delivered her own newborn baby and that it was not breathing, authorities said. When first responders arrived, the child was blue. They tried to resuscitate the infant and transported Clarisa Figueroa and the boy to a nearby hospital.

When she went to the hospital, doctors who examined her found “no signs consistent with a woman who had just delivered a baby.” She also had blood on her arms, hands and face that authorities later determined was from Ochoa-Lopez, prosecutors said.

It was not clear whether the hospital contacted police. In a statement issued Friday, Christ Medical Center in suburban Oak Lawn declined to comment, citing federal and state regulations. Oak Lawn police said they were not contacted about Figueroa by the medical center or any other agency, including the Chicago Police Department.

The boy remained hospitalized Friday in grave condition and was not expected to survive, police said.

Cook County Judge Susana Ortiz denied bond to the Figueroas, who are charged with murder, saying she felt “the presumption is great” that they committed a “heinous and brutal murder” and that they pose “a real and present” danger to the community. She also denied bond to Clarisa Figueroa’s boyfriend, 40-year-old Piotr Bobak, who is charged with the concealment of a homicide.

The mother’s lawyer asked Ortiz to place the Figueroas in protective custody for their safety from other inmates, given “the nature of the case.” The Figueroas stood calmly during the hearing. As they left, the mother glanced back at the crowded gallery, where the victim’s friends and relatives packed the spectator benches.

The arrests came three weeks after the disappearance of Ochoa-Lopez, whose decaying body was discovered this week with the cord still around her neck.

Police did not connect Ochoa-Lopez’s disappearance and the 911 call about the baby until May 7, when friends of the teen directed detectives to her social media account, which showed she had communicated with Clarisa Figueroa.

At the same time, Clarisa Figueroa had started a GoFundMe campaign for the funeral of what she said was her dying baby, said Sara Walker, a spokeswoman for Ochoa-Lopez’s family. Police then conducted DNA tests, which showed that Ochoa-Lopez and her husband, Yiovanni Lopez, were actually his parents, Walker said.

When police arrived to question Clarisa Figueroa, her daughter told them that her mother was in the hospital with some kind of leg injury, before adding that she had just delivered a baby, Brendan Deenihan, deputy chief of detectives, said Thursday.

Police then searched the neighborhood and found Ochoa-Lopez’s car a few blocks away. On Tuesday they returned with a search warrant.

Ochoa-Lopez’s mother, Raquel Uriostegui, said her daughter was born in Mexico and came to the United States when she was 2.

“My daughter was a very joyful girl. She had a lot of dreams,” Uriostegui said.

“She wanted to do great things, like all of us,” added her husband, Yiovanni Lopez.

:watchingyou:

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: Konyap]
    #25999939 - 05/18/19 01:30 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

lol that happens to citizens all the time. using one story to embolden your argument is petty, Donald. many more heinous crimes occur between us citizens. so that story falls flat with me. that person was deranged, you decided to tote it becuase of race. good job!

--------------------
🐴:poop:
hpoo or die

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: split_by_nine]
    #25999942 - 05/18/19 01:32 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

crime is universal. its not partial to one group or another. using that story to build a case against a group of people is just racist rhetoric.

--------------------
🐴:poop:
hpoo or die

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: split_by_nine]
    #26000026 - 05/18/19 02:22 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

low IQ

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #26000123 - 05/18/19 03:37 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:

Palestinians aren't a real people group no matter how many times you say it. The don't have a history. It's a 20th century designation.

True or false? Prior to the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948, was there a native local population of mainly Arabs, and was this region known under the British mandate and the ottoman empire before it and countless before it as Palestine? if those are both true, then what's your point? You're arguing semantics and ignoring the human rights abuses ongoing.

As for why Israel hasn't just finished the remaining refugee population off, it's a strategy called gradualism.

--------------------

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #26000135 - 05/18/19 03:49 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:
Quote:

life is good said:
Between Israel and Palestine, death tolls are frequently 500-1 or so.

How is it retardation to have a problem with that?

:heart:

The palestinians are the agressors. There are plenty of Islamic Israelites.
They should be thankfully we live in a time where people are stupid and winners get hate for winning.
I'd have given a warning then just emptied it out, problem solved.
Palestinians aren't even a historical people group of the region

Israelis are the aggressors, and they still keep expanding the territory. They just had that land carved out for them 70 years ago by someone else. I'm further right than most on this site but god damn I am tired of seeing people on the right fall for this "Israel is our friend" bullshit. It's more like a parasitic relationship with the US and Israel than it is a real alliance. I don't know why so many people who call themselves Christians would have such a hard on for a nation that openly mocks and attacks Christians anyway. Not talking about you by the way, just a general statement.

--------------------

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: What do you think of nationalism? [Re: Eminence] * 1
    #26000136 - 05/18/19 03:50 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Also Nationalism > globalism

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom