Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: suicide [Re: faelr]
    #2598169 - 04/24/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

If God does exists, then who are you (or any of us) to say what he thinks or feels? It is pointless conjecture. Now if you want to discuss the morality of prolonging life based on the material world and applicable human desires and what is best for society in the long run, I can do that.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: suicide [Re: BleaK]
    #2598546 - 04/24/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

BleaK: so u agree then that there is no burden in suicide on others, aside from their own?

Yes, I agree. They just tend to perceive it as a burden, even though rationally they are not responsible.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: suicide [Re: Frog]
    #2598729 - 04/24/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

God. Well, as they say, take the mercy of all the fathers and mothers of this world and through time, and it would only be the foam on the shores of the ocean, unmatched to the Mercy of God (this was a Rumi poem). Suicide is a sad position; and suicides should be shown compassion, especially those who survive. Often in the Muslim world, with strict fundamentalism as an accepted social norm, funerals for suicides (obvious killing of the self out of despair, to leave politics out of this) are forced to be secular, and supplication is forbidden as hadith dictates. Suicide isn't as simple and indifferent as Jerry Seinfeld would lead us to believe. It's sad, and creepy. So pray for those who took their lives, as obvious personality flaws that gather the events leading up to a suicide need to approached on a forgiving level.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: suicide [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2598848 - 04/24/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

god gave them the pain that made them take their life...god gave them the will that made the decision to take their life...god doesn't forgive them? do they forgive god?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: suicide [Re: Frog]
    #2598866 - 04/24/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I spoke to my guru. Subsequently, my answer would still stand, that I would not help someone to kill himself. It would be wrong to help someone take a life, even if that life is his/her own. It would be better for me to help that person deal with the pain and understand going through that pain, rather than help them to avoid it by taking their own life.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineJuggtop
Stranger

Re: suicide [Re: Jellric]
    #2598891 - 04/24/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I believe that it is sad for those who can not put up with life anymore because to all the suffereing there is always a pot of gold at the end no matter what life you lead. I myself am not one to judge people and being on the verge of suicide myself makes me a little more understanding of those who have commited it. I think that everyone needs to be heard and understood no matter how "crazy" their view might be. Its frustrating to never to be understood.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: suicide [Re: Sclorch]
    #2599573 - 04/24/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Harsh man, get red sickness (the voice in your head drilling, rapping, beating, manipulating) you'll see suicide in a new light!!!!!!

I wounder why there isn't much talk about the induced suicide to become god at this site? I've tryed this and failed and i wounder if anyone has been successful in the cut? or is it just one gigantic plan to get the soul.

I say screw it, if god forgives, whats the worst that could happen! :yesnod:
When i tryed to die, it was peaceful but not a pretty site to see. And now im a very very hallowed out cold machine and a very lost soul!

In my life now i can go to the crazy hospital and have to voice removed, or i can die now or after the crazy hospital, but i still have to die, due to a previous experience with death that took alot with it! Basically i can die now with it and have the potential for an eternity with the created person i am today, only alien. Or i can wait go the hospital have it removed, get out realize how FUCKED UP i am, and then die due to sadness. or just die now!  :eyemouth:

Either way and any scenerio i choose I cannot be who i want to be! I don't think i will EVER get to be what i want to be. And if i do make it i have (!!!ALOT!!!!) of deprogramming to do.

Has anyone out there had anything similar happening to them?

One more rant:

I am sooooooooo sick of this waiting shit, these lies in the media (surprisingly here at the shroomery too) about how to evolve. It was always a very very simple answer, just die!

Edited by johnnyfive (04/25/04 10:32 PM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: suicide [Re: johnnyfive]
    #2599630 - 04/24/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

johnnyfive, your post sounds revealing, and sad, and I hope you're okay, whatever "okay" means.  I don't have anything illuminating to say.  I just hope you're okay.  :heart:

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: suicide [Re: johnnyfive]
    #2599641 - 04/24/04 11:58 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

man life has so much to offer even though you are in hell right now. Acording to history nothing stays the same so I can guarantee you if you stick it out you will be truly happy upon your death bed.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Loc: st.louis
Re: suicide [Re: bert]
    #2599899 - 04/25/04 01:45 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

thats what i was looking for. glad someone picked up on it.:)

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: suicide [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2600426 - 04/25/04 09:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>I can guarantee you if you stick it out you will be truly happy upon your death bed.
-It's impossible to make that garuntee... but I agree it is well worth the shot.

Give life a shot. So what if it sucks, it's alot easier to live now than for our forefathers. The very fact that your alive and kickin' tells us to trust your instinct, your DNA will tell you to self-preserve. This is why people often go through several "attempts" because there mind is very split on the decision.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale