Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline99.99
Stranger
 User Gallery

Psilocybin decriminalized in Denver today * 1
    #25980944 - 05/08/19 11:10 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by Alan Rockefeller (05/10/19 08:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYonatin
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Psilocybin decriminalized in Denver today [Re: 99.99]
    #25986091 - 05/11/19 01:34 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

FUCK! How come Denver gets all of the cool shit. I feel like Denver is like that one rich friend that gets all of the cool toys. There is some good news though, I'm only 500 miles away so it would be a somewhat close drive.

--------------------

Invisibleridley
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Psilocybin decriminalized in Denver today [Re: Yonatin]
    #26004665 - 05/21/19 01:31 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I live in Colorado (nowhere near Denver, though).

I think of it as a step in the right direction. I think we have to be cautious moving forward, though. First of all, they're decriminalized, not just flat out legal. If a police officer finds you in possession, charging you for possession is the lowest priority, but that's pretty much it. It's still illegal to sell them, to buy them, etc. It kind of feels like mushrooms have been moved into a legal grey area. I'm not sure what sorts of changes we'll see in the near future, but I doubt we'll be seeing anything like mushrooms popping up in retail stores any time soon (maybe a few years down the road?).

A lot of it is less about the justice system and more about a message. The people of Denver have decided that possession of these mushrooms ought not carry criminal charges, which is really cool. Their usage is becoming less of a taboo under our society.

I don't even expect things to change that much immediately. When Colorado breaks down drug crime by the category of the substance seized, they don't even give mushrooms their own category. It goes Drug seizures -> Hallucinogens -> LSD, PCP, or "Other" (check out this). Mushrooms fall under the "other" category.

If you look at the link I provided in the previous paragraph, you'll see that there were only 231 seizures of "other" hallucinogens in 2017. Overall, the "other" category makes up a little more than half the hallucinogen seizures that year, and hallucinogens in general only make up 1.7% of the total drug seizures that year. The cops are far more concerned about meth, heroin, and cocaine than they are about mushrooms.

It's an exciting time, for sure. Hard to say what sorts of concrete changes we'll be seeing in the near future, but I'm excited about this. Even if you live in one of the other fifty states, consider it a victory for our country. If we continue to decriminalize these substances, maybe other state governments will follow suit. That's what happened with cannabis :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract