Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblelife is good
Sun and sky and trees
Female User Gallery

Do you love your country?
    #25976202 - 05/06/19 04:55 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Any country.

What is good about it?

Feel free to share.

U.S. invented the laptop, (flying) airplane, etc...

Not the only reasons.

Post what you love about your country.

I bet a dime no one will attack you for it.

I won't anyway.

--------------------

I didn't draw this.

"Hope your day is as wonderful, loving, and kind as you are."
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Do you love your country? [Re: life is good] * 4
    #25976269 - 05/06/19 05:36 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I don't have 'a country'.

I was born somewhere on the earth. I've lived all around the earth. I currently reside somewhere on the earth.

Nationalism is rot, IMO.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinekillingravensun
destroying angel

Loc: cult of the sun machine
Re: Do you love your country? [Re: life is good] * 1
    #25976286 - 05/06/19 05:46 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

love is the worst mental disorder, love logically must be accompanied by hate, love gives permission to kill, love allows neglect, love becomes an obsession, love is subjective and biased, love narrows perspective, love is exclusion of what you do not love, love is a lie of emotions, love causes pain, there is no greater malady than love, it is the final stage of the disease of good and evil, love passes judgement

appreciation is wholesome, appreciation is inclusive, appreciation is balanced, appreciation is without emotion, appreciation brings insight, everything can be appreciated on its merits, appreciation eschews anger, appreciation begets gratitude

love of a state is wrong and leads to death

--------------------
evil always wins, good can only do good, evil will lie and cheat until it fools good into doing evil

freedom is the ability to take wrong action, right actions are constrained by nature

Invisibleturbulentflow
Probably sober
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: killingravensun]
    #25976306 - 05/06/19 06:03 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I love what my country could be, but it's pretty shitty as is, not gonna lie. Better than many, but still.

--------------------
"We cannot command nature except by obeying her."

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: killingravensun]
    #25976511 - 05/06/19 08:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

killingravensun said:
love is the worst mental disorder, love logically must be accompanied by hate, love gives permission to kill, love allows neglect, love becomes an obsession, love is subjective and biased, love narrows perspective, love is exclusion of what you do not love, love is a lie of emotions, love causes pain, there is no greater malady than love, it is the final stage of the disease of good and evil, love passes judgement

Do you not love your parents, siblings, friends or intimate partners?

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinekillingravensun
destroying angel

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25976576 - 05/06/19 08:42 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

love is a concept that allows for many attributes, appreciation, understanding, attentiveness and so on, but it also allows for blindness, desperation, anger and hate, this is the nature of good and evil, which is a bias judgement made by imperfect perception

love of some object must be restrained or it becomes obsessive and excluding, i find it best to not be controlled by emotions but experience them on my terms, the word appreciation embodies the spirit of love, the opposite being ignorance, appreciation demands attention and understanding, an awareness of that which you desire, and steers you away from imposition of self, it is respectful and fair, and allows you to appreciate all else without conflict

the secret of the knowledge of good and evil is that evil always dominates good, evil can do whatever is needed to prevail, good can only do what is good, evil can pretend to be good and subvert the good with lies into doing evil, good and evil are imperfect bias judgements and always lead to suffering

right and wrong are the true nature of the universe, right actions are sometimes harsh and seen as evil but they can never be wrong, right will always overcome wrong

--------------------
evil always wins, good can only do good, evil will lie and cheat until it fools good into doing evil

freedom is the ability to take wrong action, right actions are constrained by nature

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: life is good] * 3
    #25976698 - 05/06/19 09:55 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I do not love my country. I love my planet, though.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Do you love your country? [Re: life is good] * 1
    #25977227 - 05/07/19 06:38 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

America is number 1 baby!

Freedom USA USA!

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: XUL]
    #25977286 - 05/07/19 07:28 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I think a country is both a body of people and a body of principles. I don't mind saying I have a country. Terms of ownership are based on how things are related. I am surrounded by it and primarily affected by it, so it is in a sense mine. Ownership is always a sense of relationship.

Like all countries, mine is a mixed bag. There are other countries I wouldn't mind living in, but in a relative sense this one is not so bad. I would also say the Earth is a mixed bag.

Regarding love, I consider love and appreciation to be synonymous. Some types of love, like bonding are inherently exclusionary but they do not necessitate hate but rather help reveal it. Exploring exclusionary love, which people are prone to do, is an avenue for better understand ones self. For instance, a patriot may find some appreciation for patriots of another country. They may also resent non-patriots, which may lead to examining the reasoning behind why some people are not patriots.

Everyone's path is different, and that is fine. We either sit or walk.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Edited by Rahz (05/07/19 07:54 AM)

Invisiblemt cleverest
clevendafodil

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: Rahz]
    #25977609 - 05/07/19 10:44 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I love what the U.S initially represented as a symbol of freedom from control.  big government  has since run amok and corruption has run deep for a long while , but the revolutionary libertarian spirit of the founding fathers  has always inspired me

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: mt cleverest] * 2
    #25977874 - 05/07/19 01:31 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mt cleverest said:
I love what the U.S initially represented as a symbol of freedom from control.  big government  has since run amok and corruption has run deep for a long while , but the revolutionary libertarian spirit of the founding fathers  has always inspired me

I agree that the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution are fine documents, but I will add that, if one researches the messy history and the unromantic truth, even in Colonial times there was massive corruption, ineffectiveness of government (including shitty compromises), greed, violence against the Indians, etc. Plus a lot of slavery. On top of that, those who wanted to break with England were a minority. There was never really a golden age in America. But, as you point out, the ideals were sound.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: Do you love your country? [Re: life is good]
    #25978023 - 05/07/19 02:32 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I love my country because I live in the most free country on this earth.

(according to my own personal opinion of course)

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Do you love your country? [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #25978219 - 05/07/19 04:36 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Nationalism is a product of immature minds.

The world is one and it will always be that, whilst it remains.

The only issue is making people comprehend this.

It only takes a person to move to another country for the concept to fall flat and only a selfish fool would defend where he himself stands.

Invisiblelife is good
Sun and sky and trees
Female User Gallery

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: Duncan Rowhl]
    #25978551 - 05/07/19 07:22 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Which is the most nationalistic country?

Russia, Japan and North Korea are possible ones, although N
K is a question mark.

--------------------

I didn't draw this.

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#25978582 - 05/07/19 07:34 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

The problem arises from each country assuming superiority over the next, so in the interest of of refraining from bolstering the issue, I wouldn't discriminate.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#25978607 - 05/07/19 07:50 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

life is good said:
Which is the most nationalistic country?

America. It has three times the inhabitants of any of those you mention, for a start.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinekillingravensun
destroying angel

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25978616 - 05/07/19 07:55 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

poppycock, by that metric China is the most nationalist, then maybe India

--------------------

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: Do you love your country? [Re: Duncan Rowhl] * 1
    #25978663 - 05/07/19 08:22 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I love my country but I dont love my government. I do believe the United states is the greatest country to ever exist but it's not perfect. We're the most powerful and are standard of living is better than most. I love are first and second amendments. Freedom of speech and the right to bear Arms is extremely important to me. If you cant say what you want or protect yourself then you're not free at all. No one is 100% free but we at least have the main two things. The states are legalizing marijuana and mushrooms are soon to follow :rockon: . We have Native American and ayahuasca churches that no one cares to mess with like ayaquest :dancer: ..  The United states is really big so there's A LOT of shit you can do. We have every race and religion you can of including atheists. We make sweet ass movies and awesome music. The United States is bad ass! I'm truly grateful that I was born here. I don't think people realize how lucky they actually are.

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: Shenmue]
    #25979546 - 05/08/19 09:47 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shenmue said:
I love my country but I dont love my government. I do believe the United states is the greatest country to ever exist but it's not perfect. We're the most powerful and are standard of living is better than most. I love are first and second amendments. Freedom of speech and the right to bear Arms is extremely important to me. If you cant say what you want or protect yourself then you're not free at all.

We'd already be in disagreement in the interests of 'power'.

That same 'power' is what makes many people blind to the fact that the Second Amendment also equips the would-be assailant.  They assume power to be only on their own hands, when it's actually in everones', and in turn, this justifies the government who needs to rule with an iron first in response to the very consequences which they invited.

'Freedom' is how we choose to treat ourselves first and foremost and with the Second Amendment aside (which is a detriment to oneself approving of it), people should be free to use any substance they so wish, rather than people (some sick) being sent to prison for extended and unjustifiable lengths of time.  The fact that cannabis is only just being legalised in some states, illustrates this point perfectly.

I believe that good living anywhere, is knowing the folly of culture.  People can live comfortably in their own minds in the very worst of conditions where everyone around them is striving for this so called 'power'.

Invisiblelife is good
Sun and sky and trees
Female User Gallery

Re: Do you love your country? [Re: Shenmue]
    #25981527 - 05/09/19 09:21 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shenmue said:
I love my country but I dont love my government. I do believe the United states is the greatest country to ever exist but it's not perfect. We're the most powerful and are standard of living is better than most. I love are first and second amendments. Freedom of speech and the right to bear Arms is extremely important to me. If you cant say what you want or protect yourself then you're not free at all. No one is 100% free but we at least have the main two things. The states are legalizing marijuana and mushrooms are soon to follow :rockon: . We have Native American and ayahuasca churches that no one cares to mess with like ayaquest :dancer: ..  The United states is really big so there's A LOT of shit you can do. We have every race and religion you can of including atheists. We make sweet ass movies and awesome music. The United States is bad ass! I'm truly grateful that I was born here. I don't think people realize how lucky they actually are.

Yeah.

I think a lot of people see it as a negative, unfortunately.  If you don't condone everything your country has done, does that mean you won't love it?

Anyway thanks for positive, well thought out answer.

--------------------

I didn't draw this.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies