Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
Reasons For my bad trips
    #2597599 - 04/24/04 12:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Im a frequent troller of this board this would be my first post. Ive tripped twice. Both times I would consider bad because I remember just waiting for it to end at times. The first time I was in a bad place with people i didnt know or like...I wasnt thinking about it at the time I was trying to just clear my mind. I would stare off into the dark and it would feel like darkness was closing in on me, i would get a sorta panic attack and have to be chilled out. I thought i was dying...most of the time when i was tripping hard i would think im dying. The second time i tripped I ate half eight smoked some shwag...It was a lot less intense for the first 3 hours small visuals stronger body buzz...Then I smoked some dank and it just hit me hard...I started staring into this light and I started telling myself I was dying and shit...and some more panic attacks came...I know its all mind over matter but i guess somethings wrong with my mind... Ive tried meditation...I really wanna get it down but I was think not to think...Ill "catch a thought" so to say but easily get lost in it... Ive also thought it could be all the pot i smoke...Any help on how to clear my mind or somethin would be cool thanks!
Im high right now so if this is confusing...idk Peace!

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
Re: Reasons For my bad trips [Re: MellowMood]
    #2597666 - 04/24/04 12:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Try tripping without smoking pot. Also, make sure you are comfortable with the location and the people around you.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2597839 - 04/24/04 01:51 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

a beer or before you trip might help you relax a little more, but mushrooms aren't for everybody so maybe it just isn't your thing or you aren't ready for it.

OfflineJvilleshroomer
Inspire strikesback

Loc: jacksonville, NC
Re: Reasons For my bad trips [Re: Letto]
    #2597850 - 04/24/04 01:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

One way with meditation that works for me is to catch a sound i hear in my head. Sometimes is just a ring or a low buzz. Just a real monotone sound but if you close you eyes and lye down and just try and hold that sound (create it if you have to) YOur mind will begin to focus on that and lose all other distractions until its just you and a beautiful world of psychedelia.

I have a huge problem with analyzing when i am tripping so one thing i do is look at the starts of some static piece of nature. If i watch people i will begin to create stories and get all sorts of ideas on what they are thinking about what someone else is doing or thinking. I love that some times but other times it wont end and i can come up with realy bad scenarios.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2597913 - 04/24/04 02:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

a bad trip might be a sign that you have some things going on in your life that you are trying to avoid, or are worried about. I often get the death-panics, but that's what happens when you use mushies for spiritual insight and self-evaluation. What can I say, shrooms aren't for everyone, it's too much of a thinking trip. Can't tell you how often I've heard, "the mushrooms were great untill I started to think"

--------------------

OfflineLux
    #2597963 - 04/24/04 02:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Meditation is a learned art. Your wandering mind is a condition of the human race which is overcome by dicipline and practice. Treat mushrooms with respect, they can be a great teacher. Perhaps the shrooms simply don't like you or you aren't ready yet. The best advice I can give isn't easy...you must lose ego and have no expectations when taking shrooms, accept what comes to you.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2598035 - 04/24/04 02:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My #1 rule for tripping is always remember -
"I'm on drugs, I can not die from what I took. I'll come back down in a few hours, I am in no danger".

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: Reasons For my bad trips [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2598153 - 04/24/04 03:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
"I'm on drugs, I can not die from what I took. I'll come back down in a few hours, I am in no danger".

That's also my #1 rule.
I also go into the trip thinking of all the good things about shrooms and accepting everything that comes my way.

Invisibletrollbaby
slackster

Loc: State of Delusion
    #2598194 - 04/24/04 03:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm a heavy ganja smoker, and I always try to lay off the smoke before I trip, especially if i'm puffin nugs. Weed can really turn a trip bad for me fast, the last bad trip i had started turning bad because i was so paranoid from the ganja. On the other hand, some really mellow indica can take the edge of the trip and loosen up the tenseness. But like so many others before here have said, if your head ain't straight when you're sober, it's probably not a good idea to ingest something that's gonna twist it and then punt it.

--------------------
hope i never hear surf music again...

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Reasons For my bad trips [Re: Ginseng]
    #2598212 - 04/24/04 03:39 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng said:
Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:

That's also my #1 rule.
I also go into the trip thinking of all the good things about shrooms and accepting everything that comes my way.

:thumbup: :thumbup: both of you.  My philosophy also. :smile:

InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Re: Reasons For my bad trips [Re: MOTH]
    #2598376 - 04/24/04 04:48 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

This is all great advice thanks for the help. I know tripping is my thing. There must be some problems with my head. I would things just to flow and work out but in my mind im always contridicting myself. Sometimes its like i have 2 personalities sometimes...I catch myself talking to myself often. Could this be the long term effects of marijuana?
Comes a time...

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

OfflineLux
    #2598566 - 04/24/04 06:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Don't think you're so important and unique. Just as the wandering mind, these too are symptoms of the nature of man. Personality's the wrong word though....2 selves is more suitable, and if you'd look closely you'd find that there's a third self. Many ancient chinese warriors/philosophers have often said that the biggest battle there is is in our mind. This couldn't be truer. As human beings we must realize our potential and focus our life on eradicating the ego and quieting the mind, which is really the same thing. I do take back what I said earlier, I don't believe the shrooms do not like you, but I definitely believe that you are not yet ready to understand what the shrooms want to tell you.

InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Re: Reasons For my bad trips [Re: Lux]
    #2598629 - 04/24/04 07:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Not yet but i work for a clearer mind and pure intentions. I understand what you mean by the 3rd self too. Ive gotten lost inside my head enough times to find me3.

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

Offlinehairs
old hand
    #2598637 - 04/24/04 07:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

ive had good trips for a while, then one time, like 4-5 hours after i ate them i had a bad trip/panic attack/ mostly related with death and me being weak (i could go into much more depth on my thoughts at the time, but i dont feel like it), i dont know how to explain it, I dont think ive been the same since.

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Reasons For my bad trips [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2598954 - 04/24/04 10:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:

unless your shrooms were contamed. never underestimate the severity of a fungi or toxin, you might just pay with your life

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2599847 - 04/25/04 03:24 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

take a lower dose and trip with your best psychedelic friend

edit: also were you listening to any music?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Reasons For my bad trips [Re: Strumpling]
    #2599856 - 04/25/04 03:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

also, remember to RELAX - you're there for positive things so relax relax relax and they shall come - relax and give it time; don't be restless

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Re: Reasons For my bad trips [Re: Strumpling]
    #2601445 - 04/25/04 04:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thats what i plan to do next time, strump. I didnt listen to much music, i knew it and disliked the fact. I got my line up for next time though. I want it to be a much more spiritual experience then the last. I plan to sit comfortably in my basement and take a few walks to the river. I want to try meditation during the trip. Would it be better to meditate earlier or later on.
Peace!

Spring buds :wink:

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2602293 - 04/25/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It will be best to attempt meditation while you are coming down in my opinion - many people get restless during the come-down, so if you're into meditation, that will be the time to test how much of a monk you are :wink:

I usually meditate or do something similar for basically the whole trip :laugh:

Just remember to play it safe and don't forget to put on your favorite, most detailed cd about an hour after you ingest them :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience