Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineManswaggle
Stranger
I have a horse/cow/chicken/duck/goat farm. Can I use any of the fecal matter?
    #25975773 - 05/06/19 03:12 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I live on the family farm, we got all sorts of normal Ace Hardware/Lowe's/Home Depot fertilizers for all sorts of veggies and fruits, and flowering plants.
With all those, we use the manure we got laying around. Stalls with hay for goats and horses. Outside free range manure for fowl and goats, horses, and cows.
Should I invest the time to go gather a particular dung to grow mushrooms in? I see random mushrooms growing out of the cow patties, but I've never been brave enough to eat anything from a pile of poop.
The animals all have a basic diet of grass, more grass, and more grass. Normal ol' grain sweet feed for a few horses, hay for some goats and a few other horses. None of the animals are exposed to additives in their foods.
Anything else along the farm I should grab? It's also creek front, plenty of shells, sand, and rock.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethisbliss
Stranger

Re: I have a horse/cow/chicken/duck/goat farm. Can I use any of the fecal matter? [Re: Manswaggle]
    #25975833 - 05/06/19 03:41 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Class. Post a few pics here and on the identification forum see what type of shroom youve got.

I think you can grow with any of that dung. I think horse is considered the best. You're looking for aged stuff so it has the unpleasant stuff leached out of it by the rain. If I'm right it's at that stage before it starts to turn earthy before the ground reclaims it. But do a load of reading up on teks here.

You'll need some way to spawn to the dung ie. To colonise it with mycelium ie. The living organism which the fruit body - the mushroom grows from. Dung is considered a bulk substrate ie for large grows. People typically use grain or brown rice flour cakes which have been fully colonised with mycelium These are then spread throughout pasteurised manure which subsequently colonises. Brf cakes are the best way to begin in this venture. As you get more experience then do grain for more efficiency. Tho as said you can begin spawning to your manure quite soon from brf cakes. Good luck.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started