Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineruckusman
Figment of my own imagination
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Amanita Muscaria? ID help please - found near Goulburn NSW
    #25974862 - 05/06/19 01:44 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Hi Guys,

Looking for help identifying these as I suspect they are amanita

Found near Goulburn NSW - they have obviously been growing for quite some time, many of the smaller ones have begun to dry, the up turned caps of the two larger ones has taken quite some growing time

Located on the side of a slope either directly beneath pine tree branches, or in the case of the two larger specimens ground which is beside the pine tree with the ground covered by pine needles

I have no idea how long ago it's rained here, the grass and general area displayed green, or more green then the drought stricken country areas I was just in recently

So to the characteristics

remains of the initial protective cap cover as white dots across the cap

gills are white - they were mostly deep in amongst pine needles and there's some accumulated dirt in the centre of the upturned caps of the two larges ones - there's obviously been rain again after the two larger ones commenced growing as there was some dirt splashed onto the cap

Pics below - first two are from location, the smaller one between the two larger ones has been picked and placed beside them as it has a more reddish fringe which hasn't really been adequately captured by the camera.

If there need to be any more photos - let me know

Edited by ruckusman (05/06/19 01:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OnlineMoria841
Male

Loc: NJ Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita Muscaria? ID help please - found near Goulburn NSW [Re: ruckusman]
    #25974886 - 05/06/19 02:18 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Amanita muscaria

They look a little nasty though, I wouldn't eat those, keep checking back for fresher specimens :smile:

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Offlineruckusman

Re: Amanita Muscaria? ID help please - found near Goulburn NSW [Re: Moria841]
    #25974910 - 05/06/19 02:49 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I'd love to check the location regularly, unfortunately it's a 6+ hour round trip to get there and back - it was pure co-incidence that I found these

My plan is to dry these completely, I have often wondered what it would be like to try muscimol as I had never actually anticipated finding any of these

Any tips on drying process and conversion of ibotenic acid to muscimol appreciated as it's been a significant time since I read that material

Offlinescarabaeus
Stranger

#25974934 - 05/06/19 03:23 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

To answer your first question, there is nothing special, and certainly nothing psychedelic in the A.M. experience. From my personal experience, it is best used in small amounts over a period of several days. It is almost like a kind of a purge. It is not fun, or insightfull, or something even remotely containing a 'WOW' factor. It most definitely is not psychedelic. If you are on a spiritual retreat, and have time to get into the experience along with fasting or meditation or smoking weed, or whatever it is you are lucky enough to have so much time for -then it may be an aid to your purpose.

2nd question) There are several ways to convert said chemicals. One way is by refluxing in dimethyl sulfoxide. This is an old method, I'm sure there are many new ones, but as far as I know ALL the kitchen chemistry methods produce other chems. Some desirable, some not. There is much available info about this on the internet if you dig for it. It is not a topic that I'm particularly interested in so I can't help you much further.

Very cool find! I have come across many different kinds of Amanitas but never found an AM, and it's not from a lack of trying. Good luck, use your head, and be safe. Peace...

OnlineMoria841
Male

Loc: NJ Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #25974951 - 05/06/19 03:54 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ruckusman said:

Any tips on drying process and conversion of ibotenic acid to muscimol appreciated as it's been a significant time since I read that material

I believe most if not all ibotenic acid is converted to muscimol in the stomach. The other common method is to fry the fresh cap in butter

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Offlineruckusman

Re: Amanita Muscaria? ID help please - found near Goulburn NSW [Re: Moria841]
    #25979172 - 05/08/19 04:49 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys for the initial assistance and discussion

Reading I've just revised - here on the forum

https://www.shroomery.org/8671/Preparation-of-Amanita-muscaria

and two books I've kept on the bookshelf  Narcotic Plants - William Emboden & Psychedelics Enclycopedia by Peter Stafford

All emphasise a drying procedure to convert Ibotenic acid to Muscimol - UV exposure also assists in this conversion as well increasing the potency ~5 times.

I do not expect to experience anything anywhere near a psilocybin effect.

I had read a wonderful trip experience, if you can call it that, where the author said that he slept for 18 hours solid, dreaming lucidly the entire time and meeting a woman in a mist filled forest that he knew to be mother earth - that description I found to be most alluring of all despite it's ultimately sedate experience which occurred whilst dreaming.

I though that description was in one of the two books I list above, but it's not, which is annoying.

Perhaps I will meet Mother Earth myself

Offlinescarabaeus
Stranger

#25993741 - 05/15/19 03:24 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I wish you only the best of everything my friend. I experimented with A.M. years ago and it never led me anywhere worth anything -but that is me. We all have to pick up a machete and hack our way through this jungle we call life, and I hope the machete you pick up kicks ass! Thanks for the links but I don't have time to get into it right now (job/bills/life etc. lol.) Keep searching because there is gold in the very act of the searching. Onward yo...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom