Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlueRoomies
Stranger
White fuzz or cobweb? So confused, rotting?
    #25974139 - 05/05/19 04:17 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Are these white stuff cobweb or mycelium fuzz? I know that cobweb is a little greyish but I can't seem to tell whether this is completely white or a little greyish as well. One of them looks kind of rotten or dying, contaminated?

At first the white stuff on the cake was fuzzy. When I mist it, it went down. Been like this for 2 days now

The area where white stuff has formed, was initially verm. The day I rolled and put them into their chamber, the white stuff has formed on top of the verm the next day.

https://imgur.com/a/lsgu8R0

Edited by BlueRoomies (05/05/19 05:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerandomusername
Stranger

Re: White fuzz or cobweb? So confused, rotting? [Re: BlueRoomies]
    #25974239 - 05/05/19 05:30 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I'm no pro, but those seem fine to me. Just make sure those fruits get good Fresh Air Exchange so that excess moisture evaporates. Don't want them soaked all the time. I could be wrong though so I'll let someone else chime in.

Are you talking about the whitish stuff on the cap?

OfflineBlueRoomies
Stranger
Re: White fuzz or cobweb? So confused, rotting? [Re: randomusername]
    #25974269 - 05/05/19 05:44 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yea so like the area of cake covered in white was initially verm. A day later, the verm was covered in the now apparent white fuzz stuff. I posted a picture of the white stuff dry. And yes, the caps are almost surrounded by it as well.

Offlinerandomusername
Stranger

#25974286 - 05/05/19 05:56 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

That could just be mycelium poking through the verm layer. From what I've read it usually happens with high humidity and is pretty normal. Same with mycelium on the caps.

You using a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber?

OfflineRaccoon
Newb
Male

#25974297 - 05/05/19 06:12 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I'm a noob, but it looks fine to me. Here is an excerpt from The Mushroom Cultivator about cobweb mold among other contams. The speed of growth is a good indicator too.

Quote:

Macroscopic Appearance: Dactylium dendroides Fr. is cobweb-like in appearance, first appearing as small scattered patches rapidly running over the surface of the casing soil, then overwhelming any and all mushrooms in its path. Afflicted mushrooms are covered with a fluffy down of delicate mycelium. This mold is initially grayish, sometimes whitish and can become pinkish tinged with age. When cut open, infected mushrooms are composed of rotting flesh and young buttons are reduced to formless masses of soft tissue.

--------------------
First Grow

OfflineBlueRoomies
Stranger
Re: White fuzz or cobweb? So confused, rotting? [Re: Raccoon]
    #25974398 - 05/05/19 07:16 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I'm using a sgfc. Either my eyes are deceiving me or I really can't tell the difference between cobweb and myc fuzz. I googled a picture of the fuzz, it looks similar. A little bit sticking upwards and if close enough, it looks similar to my situation.

Based off the fruits on my pics, if you zoom close enough. Doesn't it look like cob web disease though?

Srry, I just want to make sure. I'm being a little to adamant here.

http://www.psilosophy.info/img/prawda_o_plesni_pajeczynowej14.jpg
Look at the stem of the one fruit i have. It looks similar to this jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nQ03NyD.jpg

Edited by BlueRoomies (05/05/19 07:17 PM)

OfflineRaccoon
Newb
Male

#25974722 - 05/05/19 10:33 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yours looks more dense to me. Look how wispy and thin the cobweb pic you have is. And look how it has taken over everything, not just the base of the stem. Is all that white cobweb mold? Seems pretty thick in spots.. Anyway, from the description, cobweb moves fast and yours is not. But I have little hands on experience, just I've been reading a lot lately. I hope a trusted cultivator chimes in.

Quote:

Srry, I just want to make sure. I'm being a little to adamant here

The difference between mold and cube myc is something all noobs worry about, apparently. Your two comparison pics are awesome and help a lot.

--------------------
First Grow

Edited by Raccoon (05/05/19 10:35 PM)

OfflineBlueRoomies
Stranger
Re: White fuzz or cobweb? So confused, rotting? [Re: Raccoon]
    #25975041 - 05/06/19 06:12 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yea I hope someone chimes in. Though the second i seen the white stuff, I opened up the tote and let it air out more. Sprayed it with peroxide as well. Whoops.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract