Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Injection Ports, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNathan Bones
Stranger
Supplies For First Timer. Jars, Ports and Pressure Cooker questions?
    #25973194 - 05/05/19 05:55 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I am just in the process of getting supplies to start bods Easy AF Tek. Just deciding whether to do it with or with out the pressure cooker.

Anyway, I have found these jars online:

I am wondering if I should make a hole in the lid and use the self healing injection ports. I understand these hugely decrease the risk of contamination? Would I still need to use a SAB? And can they still go in a pressure cooker with the ports on them?

Also, when it come to Jar Sizes, is half pints big enough? I assume if it’s smaller it just colonises faster?

Can anyone recommend a pressure cooker in the U.K.?  I’ve searched for this but all the links are outdated.

Thanks in advance

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNikanoru
Stranger
Male

Re: Supplies For First Timer. Jars, Ports and Pressure Cooker questions? [Re: Nathan Bones]
    #25973225 - 05/05/19 07:01 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Self healing ports are great, but wasted on pf cakes. IMO once you do a pf grow if your serious you will get into gains and never look back. Not that a pf cakes cant be fun every now and then, but you get so much more out of the same amount of work with grain.

The ports can go through pressure cooker cycles no problem.

ALWAYS use a SAB. And get a pressure cooker for sure. After you run a couple contaminated grows, you will get pissed and get one anyway so might as well get one now.

Half pints are fine for pftek, and im assuming thats what you are doing since you cant really do grains right without a pressure cooker. Just follow the tek exactly.

As far as pressure cookers, whatever you can find cheap on ebay or fb marketplace or the thrift stores. So many people get into canning and then a month later they give up and sell their barely used cookers for dirt!

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Injection Ports, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started